It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Coastguard Acushnet UFO Incident - Removal of Naval Logbooks.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
A couple of things. The steering was all mechanical end to end. Wheel turns the rudder turns. Diesel engines just don't die. Nothing electrical needed to make those old engines run.

Yes CG many years ago in the 70's

On the navy mine sweep I was on, the diesel engines did not stop, BUT loss of air/electricial power would drop the engines to idle.
In this case, the engine men would have to manually hold them open or wedge them.

Now steering we could run it in 4 ways electricial from the bridge and if that failed there was a hydroic system in after steering where you could turn a small wheel and the rudder would turn and if that failed there was a big 5 foot wheel with cables that would turn the rudders and if that failed we had chain fall. to turn the rudder

all US navy and coast guard ships have more than three ways to turn the rudders for steering

If you lose forward movement on a ship, you WILL lose rudder control but not lose control of the rudder.
you have to have water flowing across the rudder to have rudder control.

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 02:41 AM
link   
.Yet more claims of Naval log books being tampered with.

• “I remember one of the officer's on the deck ordering someone to take the pages out of the deck logbook. For me that was the most surprising thing, because I was always told in the Navy that whatever you write in that logbook is a legal record and you can't destroy it out rip it out."

Patrick Gokey, USS Ronald Reagan.

U.S. Sailors Claim UFO Encounters Were Ripped Out of Ship's Log Book

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Everyday regulations go by the wayside where security is concerned. A lot rides upon who gets to define what constitutes a threat to security.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: karl 12

Everyday regulations go by the wayside where security is concerned. A lot rides upon who gets to define what constitutes a threat to security.

Cheers

Can't disagree.with that mate.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   
More USO antics from Preston.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 12:22 AM
link   
And more covered by Richard Dolan.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 03:53 AM
link   
And more from Barry Greenwood describing UFO reports missing from naval logbooks:

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join