It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thrown to his death then pelted with rocks by barbaric mob... all because he was gay: Terrifying fin

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Actually I did know that newer verses are given higher priority than older verses. And I also know that the Hadith are not part of the quran. However, there are a couple things you omitted that are important and must be considered also.

There are several sects of islam: sunni, shia, ibadi, ahmadia, and sufi. Though sufi is not considered by some to actually be part of islam. The different sects have different interpretations of both the quran and the hadith. And some take the letter of the law to be the only acceptable way to practice islam. Some believe that newer verses replace older verses, some do not.

The hadith is not in the quran. You are correct in that statement. However, it is as much a part of islam as the quran. Sharia law in its entirety is in the hadith. The salat, the five daily prayers of islam, are in the hadith. There is no islam without the hadith. So while it is not int he quran itself the hadith must be considered when evaluating the religion.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
And our country's and politicians support this , and import this barbaric behavior and people. It's just insane to me, but I'm not a politician. I've never understood how the left is so pro gay rights and so pro Muslim? No logic involved, like if we love the snake enough then the snake won't bite us. A snake does what a snake does, being tolerant does not change a snake. ' but not all are like that you bigot!!" Yeah well enough are, sorry...

Wasn't there some kid in, hmm, which state was it, Wyoming? Back in the 90's? Name was Matthew Shepard? Pretty infamous example of anti-gay murder in Murica, maybe you've heard of it.

Pretty sure manly men who affiliate with one Christian sect or another did that one. Stop acting like violence against gays is limited to one leg of the world & never happens in the US of our OWN volition. Our hands ain't clean yet. If the OP bothers you, start getting down the throats of the pray-the-gay away churches and idiotic mindsets here that lead to homophobic murders & instigate suicides.
edit on 3/30/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Actually I did know that newer verses are given higher priority than older verses. And I also know that the Hadith are not part of the quran. However, there are a couple things you omitted that are important and must be considered also.

There are several sects of islam: sunni, shia, ibadi, ahmadia, and sufi. Though sufi is not considered by some to actually be part of islam. The different sects have different interpretations of both the quran and the hadith. And some take the letter of the law to be the only acceptable way to practice islam. Some believe that newer verses replace older verses, some do not.

The hadith is not in the quran. You are correct in that statement. However, it is as much a part of islam as the quran. Sharia law in its entirety is in the hadith. The salat, the five daily prayers of islam, are in the hadith. There is no islam without the hadith. So while it is not int he quran itself the hadith must be considered when evaluating the religion.

Heres a thought...what if the hadiths..were not needed because they are not in the quran itself? Which i s prolly correct. methinks muhammed had some people add to the quran stuff that was not meant to be in it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Anddddddddd you had to go all the way back to the 90s for one incident. Nice try but, naaaahhhhhhhh!!a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You can think that but you would be wrong. There is no islam without the hadith. So much of islam is held within the hadith that denying it role in the religion is completely baseless.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

You can think that but you would be wrong. There is no islam without the hadith. So much of islam is held within the hadith that denying it role in the religion is completely baseless.

There is a verse about adding to the quran. apparently they are ignoring it then. No there would be a islam without th ehadith,just wouldnt have sharia law muddying the waters.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

There is a verse about adding to the quran. apparently they are ignoring it then. No there would be a islam without th ehadith,just wouldnt have sharia law muddying the waters.

Abrogation of verse is real in the quran, however, not all sects of islam believe it is proper or allow it. After all, that means changing the words of allah and that doesn't go over well with most muslims. Again, the hadith are much more than just sharia law. You are free to believe what you will, but I would urge you to cultivate a more discerning opinion on this particular subject.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

While many are quick to point out the Quran, they often ignore the Hadith, which are as much a part of Islam as the Quran. It is in the Hadith that the true violence of Islam is found.

Actually, most people aren't even aware there are two Qurans, and that the Medina Quran - the second one - authored by Muhammed as a result of the first one being a dismal failure at acquiring converts - is just as violent as the Mecca Quran (the first one, that was more like the Bible).

The reality is, Islam hasn't been a religion since the Medina Quran was written and Muhammad started preaching vile and evil garbage that apparently appeals to many in the middle east. Ever since then Islam is just a vile and evil ideology.

Anyone who believes the 'peaceful muslim' nonsense just doesn't understand how the 'peaceful muslim' is just stage one of how the ideology works to overthrow countries they 'peacefully' invade.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Abrogation of verse is real in the quran, however, not all sects of islam believe it is proper or allow it. After all, that means changing the words of allah and that doesn't go over well with most muslims. Again, the hadith are much more than just sharia law. You are free to believe what you will, but I would urge you to cultivate a more discerning opinion on this particular subject.

Look. i have no love for Islam. But i also realize not everyone is going to think the same or be smart enough to know when they are being played. And in reality IF IT ISNT IN THE QURAN its NOT A PART OF IT. That is why they are hypocrites because they add Hadiths to a book that didnt have them in it.(caps for emphasis only not to signify yelling)

Also Most muslims are unable to properly read let alone understand the Qurans complexity(aka confusion)
I bet most do not even realize its not written in chronological order.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Like I said, you can believe what you want but that doesn't make it right. If the five daily prayers are part of islam, which any devout muslim knows is true, then islam is more than just the quran. You have obviously made up your mind about what is islam and what isn't and I leave you to your conclusions.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
These are the folks we are letting into the US as refugees....

This is like a sneak peak into the future of everyday life in sanctuary cities....

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: WUNK22

We are not pro radical Muslim.

Right but who knows which ones are radical? Who cares just let them all in? Good that Hawaii stopped that pesky super vetting system from being put into place?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Bit pointless killing him by high fall...THEN throwing rocks at his dead body isn't it?

Let's be honest here too...the gay thing was an excuse, these mindless but extremely murderous idiots kill people for virtually no reason whatsoever...just looking at them the wrong way will get your head cut off with a rusty bread knife.

Gay, progressive, intellectual, alt-religion, political, artisan, historian, prayed only 4 times, dirty feet, clean hair, wrong dress code, listening to music, reading books, and just about anything else will get you murdered by one of these fruit cakes...being gay was incidental to that unfortunate kid's murder.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: TheTory
Yes, people who don't stone gays are far better than those who do.

LIKE I said. I don't care about a pissing match over who is more awful. They are both awful to gays and neither has the high ground to talk about the other's actions towards gays.

You have posted on two threads today that I have been reading, would you mind posting your geographical, political, sexual, racial, employment, benefit position?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
You just said " just because they dont stone their gays all the time." Do you realize you just tried to justify the stoning to death of gays because they dont do it all the time????? Im not religious, but Christians will look down on gays but never stone them to death.
edit on 1-4-2017 by Bp602 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: TheTory
Yes, people who don't stone gays are far better than those who do.

LIKE I said. I don't care about a pissing match over who is more awful. They are both awful to gays and neither has the high ground to talk about the other's actions towards gays.

Yes one side does have a high ground because one side doesnt stone gays to death......

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

It really makes no sense to me.

Why support radical Islam?

Freedom of religion is okay and is apart of our Constitution, you can be whatever you want to be as long as you don't break laws and hurt people.

Now it's considered okay to harm somebody if you are Islamic.

This makes no sense to me.

edit on 15-5-2017 by StanleyBolten because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join