It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thrown to his death then pelted with rocks by barbaric mob... all because he was gay: Terrifying fin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, you know this all your fault;

Because;

Crusades.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So you're just as ignorant as those you accuse.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

So you're just as ignorant as those you accuse.

No. I'm not. I know plenty of Muslims and talk to them about these things all the time. Nice try though. Religion is more than just a holy book.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: TheTory
In Islamic theocracies and many Muslim countries, homosexuality is punishable by death. I ask anyone to name one effort by western Muslims to end this barbarism.

It's also illegal to be gay in Russia, and there are homophobic Christian majority countries in S. America as well. Africa is pretty homophobic too. Christianity is JUST as homophobic as Islam and if given the chance would be MORE than willing to imprison or murder gays within a theocracy.

That's untrue. Most state laws punishing homosexuality by death are derived from Sharia law, not Christianity.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
All religion(s) should be a personal thing and practiced in private, people trying to assert that their version of magic bearded sky man(insert other deity types here) has killed more through history than ANY other reason ever, this covers 99.9% of religion in general, i think Budism may be the only religion not to have had its own form of crusade/jihad etc....YET
just my opinion of course i haven't researched this so i cannot state it as fact.

I honestly believe if the world woke up tomorrow and religion had magically vanished from human consciousness a massive chunk of the worlds violence and intolerance would be gone, although maybe not we humans do like a scrap or two, we can dream though i suppose.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

In Islamic theocracies and many Muslim countries, homosexuality is punishable by death. I ask anyone to name one effort by western Muslims to end this barbarism.

It's also illegal to be gay in Russia, and there are homophobic Christian majority countries in S. America as well. Africa is pretty homophobic too. Christianity is JUST as homophobic as Islam and if given the chance would be MORE than willing to imprison or murder gays within a theocracy.

That's untrue. Most state laws punishing homosexuality by death are derived from Sharia law, not Christianity.

It is most CERTAINLY true that Christianity is bigoted against homosexuality. That religion certainly IS bigoted against them. Just because they don't stone their gays all the time doesn't mean Christians don't mistreat gay people either.

Hell many Christians in America only care about gay people when they can use them as a political football to espouse their hate against Muslims. Case in point. This thread.
edit on 29-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Here's one:

www.mpvusa.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

It is most CERTAINLY true that Christianity is bigoted against homosexuality. That religion certainly IS bigoted against them. Just because they don't stone their gays all the time doesn't mean Christians don't mistreat gay people either.

Hell many Christians in America only care about gay people when they can use them as a political football to espouse their hate against Muslims. Case in point. This thread.

Actually your claim was that Christianity was JUST (your emphasis) as bigoted against homosexuality. Given that numerous Islamic states and Muslim countries punish homosexuality with death, proves that to be untrue. Meanwhile, the % of adults who favor same-sex marriages among christians is on a steady rise, even among devout evangelicals.

Pew: Changing attitudes on same sex marriage

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory
I stand by that claim. Given a rise in Christian theocracies around the world, I'd wager that homosexuality would quickly be outlawed and eventually punished by death in some of them. Currently most Christian countries are secular so they aren't able to do that. It doesn't prevent them from expressing their own forms of hatred though.

Meanwhile, the % of adults who favor same-sex marriages among christians is on a steady rise, even among devout evangelicals.

Pew: Changing attitudes on same sex marriage

Yeah. After we, secular America, dragged Christian America kicking and screaming into this reality they finally come around after realizing it isn't the end of the world. But don't pretend like its all glory and sunshines for the Christian religion and homosexuality just because a few are coming around.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

American Muslims are more tolerant than evangelical Christians.

reason.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

When my husband was in Saudi Arabia back in the early 90s during the first gulf conflict, he witness many public executions in the street about every day, from beheadings to stoning to hand cutting depending the penalty.

Yes, the western world have no clue how countries with this type of laws works, because the media is not around to catch all that killing.

In 2011 Saudi Arabia was condemn for this practices internationally, the last time the count of public executions was down to 79 back in 2013, after that nobody knows.

BTW people in those nations are used to this practices.

edit on 29-3-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Wahhabism is big in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The rise in christian theocracies? Do you mean the vatican?

I'm not pretending. Opposing gay marriage is far less barbaric than murdering homosexuals, and your claim that Christianity is JUST as bigoted against homosexuals is false. Don't pretend.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The rise in christian theocracies? Do you mean the vatican?

I was speaking hypothetically there. Wasn't that clear in the verbage I used?

I'm not pretending. Opposing gay marriage is far less barbaric than murdering homosexuals, and your claim that Christianity is JUST as bigoted against homosexuals is false. Don't pretend.

I'm not pretending. Christians prove it to me all the time. In fact, I'm exposed to more Christians that hate homosexuals than Muslims who do. And I happen to work in a Muslim majority company.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

American Muslims are more tolerant than evangelical Christians.

reason.com...

The number says 48% of Christians oppose gay marriage, whereas 52% Muslims oppose it.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I'm not pretending. Christians prove it to me all the time. In fact, I'm exposed to more Christians that hate homosexuals than Muslims who do. And I happen to work in a Muslim majority company.

We're not talking about your anecdotal and limited experience with others here.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

But really there is no need to have a pissing match over who hates gays more. Both religions hate them in their own ways and neither of them do any favors for the homosexual community. So neither really has any right to condemn the other for the ways they treat gays.

As an atheist I'm disgusted by both Christian and Muslim attitudes towards gays and neither is a redeemable opinion in my eyes. The shamelessness of Christians pretending like JUST because they don't stone gays makes them somehow better than Muslims even though they hate gays too is VERY dishonest and scummy.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

But really there is no need to have a pissing match over who hates gays more. Both religions hate them in their own ways and neither of them do any favors for the homosexual community. So neither really has any right to condemn the other for the ways they treat gays.

Again, not true. Hate the sin and not the sinner vs. throw the sinner off a rooftop is a drastic difference.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Uh huh... Bigotry is bigotry regardless of the end result on the person being oppressed. You aren't winning points with me by saying that JUST because you don't advocate killing gays makes you more moral than Muslims.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Is a way of life, something that for us here in our nation is harder to understand, even when our rates on criminal acts are very high. To us is barbaric, to them is the execution of law.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join