It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacksaw Ridge - greatest movie ever?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: JonU2

The only reason that it did not win the best movie of the year(or any year) is that certain people decided to penalise Mel Gibson.

well it still got 2 Oscars

IMO - Best Director

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I liked the movie and I've always been a fan of Gibson, but one troubling part of the story that I believe was accented a bit too frequency was the use of the pain killer morphine. Did Gibson purposely do that? Is it wrong to say that the only way that an average guy could have done what he is recorded to have done is through the use of that painkiller upon himself? I'm not condemning him in any way, but I'm looking for a logical explanation to his super-human effort.

Not sure. I know that Gibson was affected by the social media backlash over Braveheart because of his use of artistic licence. So, I'm convinced that whatever was portrayed was true.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: JonU2

I will watch it but when people that know cinematography peaise a film it usually isnt that good by my taste buds.

I guess im not looking to appreciate the work and what goes into it but rathe justr enjoy the story.

Please enjoy this story.........it just happens to be the full package

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JonU2
Just watched this movie. The only reason that it did not win the best movie of the year(or any year) is that certain people decided to penalise Mel Gibson.

This movie is faultless. Anyone who understands scripts, cinematography or just film-making would know that this is a masterpiece.

Sorry that anyone cannot see that Mel is a genius.....

So whats your favorite scene from the movie?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join