It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacksaw Ridge - greatest movie ever?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Just watched this movie. The only reason that it did not win the best movie of the year(or any year) is that certain people decided to penalise Mel Gibson.

This movie is faultless. Anyone who understands scripts, cinematography or just film-making would know that this is a masterpiece.

Sorry that anyone cannot see that Mel is a genius.....
edit on 29/3/17 by JonU2 because: Changed a comma

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JonU2

I wouldnt say best ever.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

I wouldnt say best ever.

Fair point

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Did anyone notice the 'This a True Story' disclaimer at the beginning, then understand the social media # that Mel Gibson went through after 'Braveheart'?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Sorry. I just commented cuz i thought this thread was going in the trash bin. ive always hated movies based on true stories. But yea hacksaw was pretty good once you get into it

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
OK, let's put this in the trash because nobody really understands life

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

No. I just meant you must have hit post too fast b/c at first you just had a title and the contents were just a bunch of ats rules. No offense.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JonU2
Just watched this movie. The only reason that it did not win the best movie of the year(or any year) is that certain people decided to penalise Mel Gibson.

This movie is faultless. Anyone who understands scripts, cinematography or just film-making would know that this is a masterpiece.

You haven't seen Full Metal Jacket yet.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Watched this just the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it. But best movie ever?

Not even in the same league as Shawshank. imo.
edit on 29-3-2017 by Shangralah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Des comes across as a serial killer.

A creepy, serial killer... no wonder he didn't kill... all that hidden desire

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Full metal jacket was great - Hacksaw Ridge another fantastic movie...I was moved to read up about the heroic acts of Desmond Doss, and he was a conscientious objector - he faced a lot of ridicule in training

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

The only reason that it did not win the best movie of the year(or any year) is that certain people decided to penalise Mel Gibson.

well it still got 2 Oscars

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I liked the movie and I've always been a fan of Gibson, but one troubling part of the story that I believe was accented a bit too frequency was the use of the pain killer morphine. Did Gibson purposely do that? Is it wrong to say that the only way that an average guy could have done what he is recorded to have done is through the use of that painkiller upon himself? I'm not condemning him in any way, but I'm looking for a logical explanation to his super-human effort.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
One day Aussie actors will be able to just speak and not fake American accents to play a role. Or you Americans will atrociously don an Aussie accent.

but there were so many Aussies in this, it was ... "Mister Anderson....." all over again..

-- btw, bloody good movie though !! I did enjoy it

edit on 29-3-2017 by LoneWrecche because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I couldn't answer what was in the directors/screenwriters mind

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneWrecche

Hey, you're right there were a few Aussies in that.

Are you referring to Hugo Weaving in the Matrix? He is English but spent a lot of time growing up in Oz

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I will watch it but when people that know cinematography peaise a film it usually isnt that good by my taste buds.

I guess im not looking to appreciate the work and what goes into it but rathe justr enjoy the story.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneWrecche
One day Aussie actors will be able to just speak and not fake American accents to play a role. Or you Americans will atrociously don an Aussie accent.

but there were so many Aussies in this, it was ... "Mister Anderson....." all over again..

-- btw, bloody good movie though !! I did enjoy it

Not quite sure what your point is? I'm English but have lived in Australia for 30+ years and have seen numerous roles where American actors have been cast as both British and, laughably, Australian.

Good and bad, actors act don't they?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: JonU2

You haven't seen Full Metal Jacket yet.

Yeah, I have....

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah
Watched this just the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it. But best movie ever?

Not even in the same league as Shawshank. imo.

Yeah, Shawshank is awesome. Really not wanting to get into an argument about who likes what more. Just commenting about the production values of this movie...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join