It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Republicans Just Voted to Kill Internet Privacy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

What is the problem with that?

The problem is like everything with our Corporate Fascist System is, they never gave consumers a choice to OPT OUT
Corporations do not want consumers to have free choice.
We saw that when they got in bed with politicians for Trade with Communist China so they could get cheap labor

Consumers were never given a choice

We saw that when Monsanto got in bed with politicians to allow them not have to label their products GMO

Consumers were never given a choice

They want to make all the choices for you

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: Wolfenz

I just want to get this out of the way. I agree with you.

But don't go blaming government or big business. No more than you should blame drug dealers for addiction problems. STOP BUYING WHAT THEY'RE SELLING....stop with the facebook, go back to brick and mortars, drop the twitter....or

Learn how to friggin protect yourself.....ATS stars and flags wont protect you.

As long as I am paying taxes, I have a right to put a stop to the purchasing of politicians by Big Business
BIG BUSINESS says the way to get things done is to buy politicians, not deal with the hand you are given like you are suggesting.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I can't tell you why it's a good thing, because it's not. But I can tell you why it's being done. We are being psychologically targeted and manipulated on a mass scale you can't even imagine. Trump will be signing this repeal too, you can bet on it.

Excellent Post
I said as much when Trump was shouting his slogans make American Great Again.
It sounded exactly like the Obama pitches we were exposed to - Hope and Change

The Major think tanks have the pulse of this nation, and red or blue, they are on to you.
They tailor their selectees to appeal to you the masses so they win no matter which puppet you select.

More things are the same with Obama and Trump than different
Obama and Trump both stocked their cabinet with Globalist CFR and Goldman Sachs Puppets
Both Support Continuous wars
Both support a Bigger Police State
Both Support spying on their own people
Both Support Crony Capitalists

No difference

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have had quite the belly laugh reading people defending anything and everything that gets passed by their party. Usually people known for their libertarian and non government overreach ideals.

The roll over and scratch my tummy attitude regarding this is kinda puzzling, gotta say.

I mentioned page before that it will back fire on the politicians when their information is released. Some have already vowed that they will personally buy the private browsing history of each and every Congress person and Congressional aide who voted for the bill and publish it online for the entire world to see.

*sitting back in my recliner, hands behind my head and snickering at the upcoming sh*tshow*

edit on 29-3-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Dp

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

*sitting back in my recliner, hands behind my head and s'n-word'ing at the upcoming sh*tshow*

Regarding this bill and the faux outrage over it, some have been doing just that for the better part of 10 years now. Some longer, but then it was just tin-foil hat stuff.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yah, not sure its faux outrage, that's just a convenient insult on an opposing opinion sir J
I personally like when peeps maintain rage....and bake each other cupcakes of course when we sit down civilly to talk it through

ETA lol @ what auto censor thought I was typing instead of "snickering"

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I don't use it as a pejorative exactly. More of an I/we told you so. Now, since it is political it is a big deal. Same thing happens with middle eastern policy from the Bush era.

Rage imbued baked good? Is that a Gordon Ramsey (sp) thing? Ok, I'll agree but if I get poisoned..........

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Here's a good example of what we're all up against now. This is a presentation by an organization named Cambridge Analytica and their involvement within Ted Cruz's campaign during the primaries. Keep in mind that even though Ted didn't get elected he was the only one left against Trump at the end of the Primaries. Also keep in mind that Trump is also using these people as well and that Steve Bannon is one of their Board Members.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

If you're interested in that rabbit hole, Theantedilluvian did a great thread on it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe this to be at the behest of the deep state. Mass manipulation and control for profit. Divisive politics further fuels it with confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance. Creepy creepy stuff.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Your or my side of the fence are not the only ones that said "I told you so", I believe the 'I told you so' came from bi-partisan CT'ers.

If anything, ALL political persuasions should be horrified this passed, and not worry about "yeah it's always happened/was going to happen" or "oh it was the party I voted for so I better agree with it" I have always said on ATS;
Hold the people you voted for to a higher standard and criticize them more fervently than the ones you did not vote for.

Rage baby Rage.

My baked goods are free of partisan affiliations and offered to all
I once said to Gordon Ramseys face the he was a fat bastard, and he loved it, so his TV rage is faux.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Thanx, I'll check that out!!

Yeah, it is pretty creepy. Especially when you figure what kinds of shady and evil things you can do with such massive data and social manipulation. It's one thing for it to be used by some company wanting to sell you something or whatever. But when you start thinking about what else is possible by organizations like the CIA or some black op military thing or even a cartel of some kind it really starts getting scary.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Holy #...That is some real world terrifying stuff...

That video was like the prologue of 1984.

No wonder Steve Bannon sits on their board of directors..

These people think we are Neural Meat..Eff them.

Clear to me now Bannon pushed this bill through..
edit on 29-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

My side of the fence is my own. I try to not play their game, even though I have clearly chosen a "side" this round but that did not have to do with a party mind you.

I watched a man who had been ridiculed for years, since my childhood, rise from a shady businessman to a reality TV star to our countries President. Suffice to say, any horrified feeling I may have is long gone. My worry and question always has been, how do we get back to a semblance of government from here. Every year the distance is greater.

I'll bring the booze, you bring the cup(cakes)!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I think you just described Google and Facebook. Now if only there were some sore of base that stored that data....

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

And Cambridge Analytica is owned by the Mercer Family..

The Mercers have been a quiet but constant presence in the background of Republican politics since the beginning of the 2016 cycle.

They started the campaign as backers of Ted Cruz, pouring millions into one of the main super PACs supporting his candidacy.

Their data firm, Cambridge Analytica, was hired by the Cruz campaign.

They switched to support Trump shortly after he clinched the nomination, and he eventually hired Cambridge Analytica, as well

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Well, there are actually many various places storing that data. Then probably places like the NSA that collect from all those places and aggregate all of them plus their own data for a completely simulated real time global model down to the individual level.

That's how it would work best. Let all these independent places collect the data that fits their needs. Data on basically everything. People, nature, business, etc. Let them aggregate all that data and clean it for their own reasons but then connect with each of them and collect all their individual data for your own aggregation until you compile a completely simulated real time version of the world as it is. From there you can simulate and predict with high accuracy various futures and what needs to happen for them to become real.

The system knows where we are and you just input where you want it to be and it figures out all the steps you need to get there. Sign Sealed and Delivered Baby!!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Now you described The Matrix. Are you doing this on purpose!?!?

Personally, I don't really care. With or without my consent, if I send it over the internet, it can be used in all sorts of ways. I'm very much the "I'm not doing anything wrong so I have nothing to fear" person. That's me. However, that is not (IMO) most others. People want to have their privacy and for various reasons and they absolutely should have that. Given the option, I would also take it. Just given the long known risks of using the internet, that isn't the case here.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: Wolfenz

I just want to get this out of the way. I agree with you.

But don't go blaming government or big business. No more than you should blame drug dealers for addiction problems. STOP BUYING WHAT THEY'RE SELLING....stop with the facebook, go back to brick and mortars, drop the twitter....or

Learn how to friggin protect yourself.....ATS stars and flags wont protect you.

As long as I am paying taxes, I have a right to put a stop to the purchasing of politicians by Big Business
BIG BUSINESS says the way to get things done is to buy politicians, not deal with the hand you are given like you are suggesting.

Sure you have a right...what you don't have are the resources....my "suggestion" is in knowing that things like this will eventually happen anyway, and instead of sitting at your monitor playing armchair politician, get off your respective a__es and learn what it takes to protect yourself from it.....ok or don't and see how far the voting machines get you toward your goal.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Imagine a river.

Now imagine a gate.

You pay to use the gate and gain access to the river.

Some is standing on the gate, counting the boats, jotting down their direction, color, capacity, etc.

Merchants pay for that info so they can better sell you products.

What is the problem with that?

It's the difference between group statistics and individual information.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join