It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucker Carlson - NSA Whistleblower (Bill Pinney): Trump right on wiretapping

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I decided to post this (this is only my second ever thread, and first political one), only because I couldn't believe no one had posted about this yet (I searched, if it is already here, my apologies and feel free to lock this with a link to it).

Friday, 3/24/17, Tucker Carlson had 30 year NSA veteran Bill Pinney on his show, where he laid out in very plain detail the extent of NSA data collection - and it isn't just 'meta-data'. The program is called 'Stellar Wind', and - according to Bill Pinney - they (the NSA) have a special 'section' of people who focus on the members of the Supreme Court, Congress, and the White House, including the President.

Well worth a watch. The first 8 minutes is a discussion with a democratic strategist, then the interview with Bill Pinney starts at the 8:00 minute mark):

edit on 3/27/2017 by kosmicjack because: fixed title spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Your Tube link is not working .

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Well worth a watch. The first 8 minutes is a discussion with a democratic strategist, then the interview with Bill Pinney starts at the 8:00 minute mark):

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You mean Bill Binney. It's worth listening to what the guy says, but you also have to remember that he quit just after 9/11 because of what was going on. He's been out of the loop for 15 years now.

That said, I'm sure the intelligence agencies were spying, they have a directive to do that. That's not what Trump was alleging though. Trump alleged Obama personally ordered additional spying beyond the usual, to target Trump specifically. And that allegation is looking more and more to not be true every day.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Exactly, even according to this guy, the program has been in place for ages, so Obama had nothing to do with it. In fact, Obama might not have even known about it, because he was probably being spied upon himself.
edit on 27pmMon, 27 Mar 2017 16:14:08 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

He's been out of the loop for 15 years now.

I would bet a fair amount that he still has internal sources, once a spy always a spy....

RA

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
I would bet a fair amount that he still has internal sources, once a spy always a spy....

RA

Even if so, he wouldn't be able to reveal any classified information. Not only is that illegal, but it goes against his character. Binney alleged many things that Snowden later proved, yet even though he could have released the proof he didn't. His allegations basically come down to the fact that this was happening back when he was working for the NSA and there hasn't been a big difference since then, therefore it's still happening. That's almost certainly true... it doesn't mean Obama did it though.

Trumps charge which his supporters are scrambling to justify is that Obama personally ordered additional surveillance in the form of wiretapping. That has essentially been proven to be false at this point. At the same time though we've gotten (more) confirmation that the NSA does monitor people who are potentially going to be in sensitive positions as part of the internal vetting process.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The NSA tapping EVERYTHING from everyone in no way validates the claim obama had trump wire tapped...

They are 2 totally separate issues.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The NSA tapping EVERYTHING from everyone in no way validates the claim obama had trump wire tapped...

They are 2 totally separate issues.

I think Obama and the DNC conspired to get Trump by hook or crook.

They were desperate because the Clinton Campaign was in deep trouble and they knew it.

This was the only way they could get him. The data was there and they knew he was in Trump Tower and they knew his cell phone numbers and everybody elses.

But their usual micro-managing backfired.

Now he's caught red handed.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
No one has confirmed any wire tapping.
No one.
This is just another trump lovin opinion.

You know when confirmation will happen?
When the investigation is over .
Not before.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Forget it. They're trapped.
They're mesmerized.
They're enamoured.
He could kill and eat their granny and they'd say it's ok. It's great...she was on her way out and now we don't have to spend money burying her.
He could put kittens in a blender they'd be ok with it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Putting sick kittens out of their misery?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
a reply to: Sillyolme

Putting sick kittens out of their misery?

No...that would be kind.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
To all of you who would rather Trump be wrong than conceive of a conspiracy against Trump:
Why are you even on ATS???
I dont understand why some of you are nit picking the stupid details and denying at all costs that Trump could be the real deal. Why be a part of a conspiracy website just to carry on with the official narrative?
Whatever happened to "they're all reptilian globalists trying to rule the world"???
Instead we get people talking about official sources and agreeing with the main stream narrative... who are you people?

Everyone who makes an account on ATS would be in my opinion ageeing that the official story is bull, of course the globalists pulled all the cards out of their sleeves to avoid a populist revolution. The stakes were never higher and frankly the skeptics prevailed in electing trump...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: tanstaafl

That was a very good interview.. in fact Tucker Carlson did a good job in both the interview with Pinney and also the previous interview of putting the focus on the big picture and not getting drawn into a partisan discussion. Giving such unfettered power to the NSA and expecting no abuse of that power is crazy and it still seems that a lot of people are not taking it seriously enough.
edit on 28/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

While I agree, if Obama took that information and used it, it is essentially the same thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It depends on what he heard, if he heard anything at all (all indications are it remained in intelligence circles) and if he used it for political gain or merely for national security.

Right now Obama is looking not guilty.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I disagree. A lot of stuff had classifications downgraded by the Obama admin to be shared as widely as possible, including to other governments.

Obama was clearly playing dirty, the only question is how far did he go doing it.
www.nytimes.com...

In its final days, the Obama administration has expanded the power of the National Security Agency to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections.

www.nytimes.com...

dailycaller.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thanks for fixing the link... now I just have to figure out what I did wrong...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

You mean Bill Binney.

Crap... yeah, thanks...

It's worth listening to what the guy says, but you also have to remember that he quit just after 9/11 because of what was going on. He's been out of the loop for 15 years now.

Surely you're not suggesting things have gotten any better?

That said, I'm sure the intelligence agencies were spying, they have a directive to do that.

Did you watch the interview?

This is WAY beyond just spying.

He is basically confirming everything we ever heard rumors about Echelon, but with respect to ALL electronic communications, including the actual content.

That's not what Trump was alleging though. Trump alleged Obama personally ordered additional spying beyond the usual, to target Trump specifically. And that allegation is looking more and more to not be true every day.

Disagree... there is essentially no difference between Obama ordering the 'wiretaps', and simply saying 'show me what ya got!'...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join