It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elouina Finds Liberal Twitter Bot Network

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

hehe that's ok my friend, im so mysterious that way aren't I? like seriously? grin.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm sorry LesMis ... why are you talking about me?

That seems, well, fairly off-topic. I've made my point clearly.

You've spoken of nothing else. I was wondering if you had anything to add.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Beg your pardon, but in actuality, you were making an off-topic post to attempt to berate me for being off-topic.

I am on topic. I am discussing the illogical premises that the OP and several other members have voiced here, as can be clearly seen. I'm not sure why you want to talk about "me" but please return to the topic at hand.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: elouina

They are retweeting the bots

Wouldn't that create a feedback loop?

Bots retweetng bots retweeting bots retweeting bots...
I

Botlicators...

Energy weapons will have no effect, we need primitive earth based projectile weapons. Before they take over the entire interverse.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

??

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Beg your pardon, but in actuality, you were making an off-topic post to attempt to berate me for being off-topic.

I am on topic. I am discussing the illogical premises that the OP and several other members have voiced here, as can be clearly seen. I'm not sure why you want to talk about "me" but please return to the topic at hand.

Fair enough. But I told you, Fear of hypocrisy always turns them around in the end.

You haven't shown anything to be illogical, actually. No one said anything like your characterization "all reasonable thinking people know that only liberals and progressives cheat. " You've proven nothing illogical but your own mischaracterization.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Next question: Are you real?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't think he's real, i think he might be a cyborg.

just saying..

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I am a figment of my own imagination..

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

You...you. Solipsist!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I've never read your posts so, sorry, don't have an accent to assign to you.

Um yeah captain obvious

You only ever read one side of the story that how you are always so spectacularly closed minded.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I think that's Trump..

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
hey um
guys we know bots aren't sentient, right?
they can't have a political affiliation, they can't be liberal? or anything else for that matter?
bots just go for keywords, and those keywords can be anything at all
some of them go after 'liberal' keywords, some after 'conservative' ones
not to push any particular agenda, but to generate traffic
that's all that matters to bots

and not only that but dealing with bots is just a part of modern social media
like i feel pretty safe guaranteeing that even in the Serious About Cooking section of twitter there'd be bots.
i mean unless i've stumbled on the sinister Jamie Oliver agenda?

maybe try being a shade less partisan?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I've never read your posts so, sorry, don't have an accent to assign to you.

Um yeah captain obvious

You only ever read one side of the story that how you are always so spectacularly closed minded.

Nah. It's quite obvious that I read both sides of the story ... I just havent been reading YOUR side.

Don't take it personally.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

You precious thing i didn't mean to get your knickers in a twist. You can try and deflect all you like with personal attack, the fact still remains you have not shown your ability to objectively look at information, otherwise known as rock logic.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Fair enough. But I told you, Fear of hypocrisy always turns them around in the end.

You haven't shown anything to be illogical, actually. No one said anything like your characterization "all reasonable thinking people know that only liberals and progressives cheat. " You've proven nothing illogical but your own mischaracterization.

Oh, so now you actually can acknowledge my argument? Convenient.

On the contrary, you and others like you maintain, virtually every time you post, an intrinsic and pervasive condescension for anything YOU label as "liberal" or "progressive." Particularly, in regard to the OP, scattered and vague as it is, the assertion seems to be that Elounia believes they have found some grand "liberal" scheme while not really being able to tell us what that is, where it was found, or anything else pertinent.

Peppered in for drama are screenshot clips of "evaluations" of certain Twitter accounts which are fake AND "liberal/progressive" at least in the mind of the OP. Nothing there, really ... several folks pointed that out, yet ...

... you and and the usual suspects chimed in on this spotty, asinine, train of illogical posturing with typical unsupported generic bundles of nothingness like "false air of credibility" and "ripe for groupthink" MERELY because OP used the word "liberal" in their muddle. That's all it took to engage your predictable disdain and nonsensical posturing ...

/shrug

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
hey um
guys we know bots aren't sentient, right?
they can't have a political affiliation, they can't be liberal? or anything else for that matter?
bots just go for keywords, and those keywords can be anything at all
some of them go after 'liberal' keywords, some after 'conservative' ones
not to push any particular agenda, but to generate traffic
that's all that matters to bots

and not only that but dealing with bots is just a part of modern social media
like i feel pretty safe guaranteeing that even in the Serious About Cooking section of twitter there'd be bots.
i mean unless i've stumbled on the sinister Jamie Oliver agenda?

maybe try being a shade less partisan?

You mean the word "liberal" shouldn't be enough to send us off on pointless tirades based on the zero-information screed that is the OP?

Well done.

Although, asking non-partisanship among these is like asking for logical thought ... ain't gonna happen.

I admire the audacity of your hope, however. Star for you.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Do you have any evidence that "Republicans" don't use "twitter bots"? If so, you certainly didn't present it in your OP.

So, you were wandering around the internet and found ... what exactly? "An "83 MB zipped file"?

If you "found" it ... you mean it was available from a download link somewhere? Someone's FTP server?

What does "found" it mean? Where did you "find" it? What site were you "looking for stuff" on?

Barring all that feculent reasoning, you're critiquing the use of Twitter by groups that you randomly assign as "liberal" by linking to the Twitter page of someone you admire???

How does this pass for cogent argument here?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: elouina
They actually had the nerve to accuse republicans of using bot networks to generate fake traffic.

You're a moron if you think two parties with over 100 million people in them don't both do this, or most anything.

Honestly, a straight moron. Both parties have free walking murderers. But oh Noes! The Republicans are soooo innnooooooocccccceeeeennnnnnnnnttttttt.

I have a friend who actually has a Trump Bot-net for #ing with YouTube, and Discord servers. So there you go, not all Trump supporters are harmless snowflakes.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Twitter is history's biggest echo chamber. Its not used for real social use, except by the few apolitical people out there. Most folks use it to follow celebrities and others wit a similar view as them.

Yeah, i have a twitter. I only log in now to handle work stuff. I don't think i've used it in 5+ years. I didn't like the tsunami of similar opinions I found coming my way.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join