It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's staff 'wiping their electronic devices' in anticipation of giving evidence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Interesting and disturbing news if true!!!

The Independent out of the UK is reporting this today:

White House officials and members of Donald Trump’s transition team are reportedly “purging” their electronic devices to avoid being compromised by subpoenas, it has been claimed.

The accusation comes just weeks after government lawyers ordered the President’s aides to preserve any materials that could be connected to Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Now, I'm sure you're thinking:

"Well Hillary...."

or...

"Hillary was worse!!!"

No, she wasn't. This story, if true, is totally different. How so? Let me explain:

Clinton never deleted her emails. Hillary, herself or her people never told, or gave any an order to delete emails once being subpoenaed to keep those emails. Hillary set up a retention policy long, long before she was under investigation to retain and delete emails.

When the second subpoena came out, the company hired to handle/archive her emails was caught still having those emails. And that company, not Hillary or her people freaked out and deleted them.

Now back to the article:

One legal expert told MSNBC - the channel that first reported the allegations based on testimony from an inside source - there could be “legal ramifications” for staff who destroyed crucial evidence relating to ongoing investigations.

In dependent.co.uk

So, a third party and private company isn't allegedly doing this, but Trump's staff and transition team.

They always say the coverup is worse than the crime, don't they? This is by orders of magnitude worse if true, as this can clearly be labeled as 'obstruction of justice'.

The Trump staff was already earlier caught using a third party private application on their smart phones to delete text messages earlier this year:

...officials were using the app, called Confide, to avoid being caught talking to the media, as President Trump moves to crack down on leaks.

The Post report followed a report from Axios last week that reported Confide had become a favorite app for Republican staffers. Staffers may also be concerned about being hacked after high-profile cyber attacks on Democratic groups during the election.

"We do see a spike in across the board metrics when there is a major news cycle about the vulnerability of digital communications," Jon Brod, Confide’s president, told Axios.

link

And even then there were concerns that was breaking the Presidential Record's Act. This time, however, things might a bit different. This is slowly starting to get picked up, and the irony is pretty stark:

It’s hard to not point out the irony in the fact that Trump staffers are being accused of purging their phones and deleting important information after the President ran a campaign that was centered around calling for Hillary Clinton to be arrested for deleting emails and using a private email server.

bipartisanreport.com

And just because, sometimes people like video:

Now, if they've been advised NOT to delete anything in anticipation of a subpoena:

Lawyers have ordered Donald Trump’s administrations to save any potential evidence of alleged Russian interference in the US election.

Instructions were sent to White House staff after Democrats in the US Senate requested the administration and security agencies to keep all material on links between Mr Trump’s aides, campaign or transition team and the Kremlin.

Independent.co.uk

If anything, the ISP's would still likely retain some residual evidence that such texts and emails were sent with these devices...

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

They should bleachbit it and pay comey off. Works every time

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Good thread!

Prepare to see just how disingenuous and irrational some Trump zealots are. You will find that, by definition, anything Hillary did is worthy of death, and anything Trump or his operatives are doing or have done is A-OK.

Good luck!

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
My sisters friends, mom's cousin's dog sitter knows a guy.

Great work.

Get some real sources.

A news source in a different country, is not a good start.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: adaded2

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

Haha was just about to post something along those lines

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You're exactly right. They double standard is obvious now to everyone. What gets me is they still persist.

It's almost laughable now although it is still annoying.

It's like watching someone try and wiggle their way out being caught red handed in a lie. They just keep trying and trying to be convincing as they continue with the same BS over and over. But it's too late now. They've been caught and exposed and the more they keep trying it just gets embarrassing. In a way it's funny but at the same time it reaches a whole other level of irritating because it's as if they actually think it's still working even though it's not. As if anyone is dumb enough to believe them anymore.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

They should bleachbit it and pay comey off. Works every time

To late, like the fools they are, it's on the cloud and already in some 3letter data base. Won't work this time. Believe me.

edit on 26-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Even if this story is true..you can watch all of comeys stuff from the last year and realize a new precedent has been made....you can and SHOULD bleachbit everything...only fools would not.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
They can wipe their phones so that information is not compromised, they should do that anyway on a regular basis. They use a government server for work related stuff, that is what is important. Their phones do not record conversations, they only have links of who they have called for a limited amount of time. But that information can be hacked by anyone, it should be purged occasionally.

This media site with the information is not a reliable source anyway, it is probably purposely twisting something to make it look juicier. I would like to see official government evidence of this to believe it is happening, but I would say it is a good idea to do that.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Hillary didn't # around like this, she had phones smashed with a hammer - Trump is a lightweight compared to old dodgy.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Trumps people do not work for the government. They are mostly civilians. Also the government does not have any right to seize their property without a warrant and probable cause. Hillary Clinton worked for the state department. She doesn't have the same rights. Her property is government's property. Especially when her emails are work related.
edit on 26-3-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

staffers are reportedly communicating

Reportedly . Really is that all you got .

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Even if this story is true..you can watch all of comeys stuff from the last year and realize a new precedent has been made....you can and SHOULD bleachbit everything...only fools would not.

If I was ordered by the Justice Dept. I wouldn't. Not unless I had something to hide that was worse than being charged with illegal tampering of evidence in a federal case.

Because that's what you'd be charged with when you show up with all your devices wiped out. That's a crime in and of itself. Which tells me that if someone comes in with wiped devices, then whatever was on them must have been worse than being charged with tampering of evidence.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

If this is true, then it is dis honest and Clintonesk. Should not be doing this.
edit on 26-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Then what was all of that noise of her crew taking hammers to their cell phones?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

it has been claimed

she has been informed by a “single source”

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You believe this bs? Of all sources you post a Rachel Maddow video as proof? This witch hunt is getting tiresome. I repeat for the gazillionth times. Why the f#ck would the FBI just watch them doing illegal sh!t for years and wait until Trump is president ffs? This bs makes no logical sense whatsoever. They are supposed to have years of surveillance material and they didn't do sh!t. The Trump administration got cleared of a collusion with Russia but after that the accusations kept coming and alleged evidence suddenly appeared out of thin air. Sorry but i don't buy this crap any longer. The whole story looks and feels like a fabrication with only one goal and that is to undermine Trump because they are f#cking scared sh!tless.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
or.... they might be just trying to hide evidence from trump...???
after all... with all the leaks, he must be getting rather paranoid, and I wouldn't want him reading though my personal crap either!

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: ParasuvO

If I was ordered by the Justice Dept. I wouldn't. Not unless I had something to hide that was worse than being charged with illegal tampering of evidence in a federal case.

Because that's what you'd be charged with when you show up with all your devices wiped out. That's a crime in and of itself. Which tells me that if someone comes in with wiped devices, then whatever was on them must have been worse than being charged with tampering of evidence.

Thats ONLY if you get the order before you delete it. They have not been given orders to deliver them as evidence have they? SO until they do erasing and deleting is legal to do so. Dont pretend it isnt.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Lemme guess:

"an anonymous source said"

?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join