It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Faultless and Project Shoal photograhed by drone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Project Faultless and Project Shoal are some of the US Department of Energy test sites that are not at the Nevada Test Site.

Project Faultless has been photographed often. It is just down the road from Base Camp along route 6 in Nevada.

The goal of Project Faultless was to do high yield testing further away from Las Vegas because all that shaking was bad for business. As it turned out, the site for the test was anything but "faultless." The DOE abandoned the project, but the USAF keep the staging area know as Base Camp. The CIA likes it too.

With that introduction, here are the photos.

Faultless overview

Faultless directly from above

I don't know much about Project Shoal, so I will just post the links.

shoal 1

Shoal 2

Shoal 3

The photographer is a pro. Here is his Flickr portfolio:

www.flickr.com...
edit on 26-3-2017 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Awesome. That place is 'Hot'. The concrete containment is crumbling after only a few decades.

The liquid pit is disturbing. Radioactive Contamination attached to water molecules evaporate and drift on the wind.

What a waste land.

Ongoing monitoring equipment in the red box. A big dosimeter at ground zero...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Apparently the Shoal site was selected due to the local seismicity of the area, so they could compare natural seismic activity to the readings their nuclear tests produced.

Fascinating history and pics. Thank-you.

en.wikipedia.org...

Peace.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Things like this make people think that drones are okay, and then the next thing you know it will be used for something much worse and currently is.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Mark1456

Anything can be a weapon and anything can be offensive, freedom is a dirty business.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
BTW, I believe before the blast that the concrete was at ground level.

If someone tries to do some drone shots, do it in late afternoon so the low sun angle can emphasize the ripple in the ground due to the blast.

When you are on the ground, you can't sense the scope of the damage. It is like the ground settled in a shock wave.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: gariac

Awesome. That place is 'Hot'. The concrete containment is crumbling after only a few decades.

The liquid pit is disturbing. Radioactive Contamination attached to water molecules evaporate and drift on the wind.

What a waste land.

Ongoing monitoring equipment in the red box. A big dosimeter at ground zero...

I couldn't help myself, I had to look in the big red box:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

And...?

You personally opened pandoras box... You know you've been exposed to whatever contamination comes up thru those open pipes?

Source the photo please.

link to image
edit on 26-3-2017 by intrptr because: link

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I thought the pipe was filled with concrete to 3,000 feet. I can't be sure.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

And...?

You personally opened pandoras box... You know you've been exposed to whatever contamination comes up thru those open pipes?

Source the photo please.

link to image

Yeah? I heard a little plutonium goes good on corn flakes. Looks like they have put a padlock on since I "opened pandoras box".

Source the photo? Umm, I took it? 2010?
FYI, it was Project Faultless, not Project Shoal.
edit on 26-3-2017 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
BTW, I believe before the blast that the concrete was at ground level.

If someone tries to do some drone shots, do it in late afternoon so the low sun angle can emphasize the ripple in the ground due to the blast.

When you are on the ground, you can't sense the scope of the damage. It is like the ground settled in a shock wave.

If you are on the ground, and know the history of what happened, you can see the whole area has dropped a LOT of feet. That ridge in this picture didn't exist before the shot.

Red Box of Doom

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Looks like they have put a padlock on since I "opened pandoras box".

That was going to be my next question, where'd you get the key?

The don't paint steel reinforced diamond plate lock boxes fire engine red and mount them on a thick cement pad unless they are covering something dangerous up.

Namely the deep sensors there that monitor seismicity and radiation.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptrAnd a massive pipeline along the ridge in that last image...Curious...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Looks like they have put a padlock on since I "opened pandoras box".

That was going to be my next question, where'd you get the key?

The don't paint steel reinforced diamond plate lock boxes fire engine red and mount them on a thick cement pad unless they are covering something dangerous up.

Namely the deep sensors there that monitor seismicity and radiation.

Oh I'm sure lots of things get painted red or mounted on cement pads that have nothing to do with radioactivity.

However in this case you could be right, although the cement pad ensures the box doesn't go anywhere, and red kinda makes it stand out in case someone misses seeing it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
a reply to: intrptrAnd a massive pipeline along the ridge in that last image...Curious...

Yes, it is. Its also visible in this photo. Doesn't seem to be attached at either end, what do you make of that?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Oh I'm sure lots of things get painted red or mounted on cement pads that have nothing to do with radioactivity.

Except on, say.... nuclear test site monitoring stations? I see they added a remote feature powered by solar cell. When did you take that photo?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I updated my Project Faultless page.

www.lazygranch.com...

The video I link to on youtube is a constant battle of takedowns. However I found an old one with some video of the blast and embedded it at the top.

new topics

top topics

join