It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'American' Health Care Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

As did I, and not one that's using cherry picked numbers to present the best possible picture.

It doesn't matter how often you repeat it, it's not going to become true. I did not pay less for medical coverage and care under the Affordable Care Act, nor did many other people. You can throw out all the back end, behind the scenes, pennies-to-dollars savings for some middle-man entity you want but it doesn't change the fact that many people saw costs and coverage go up. Yes, health care became affordable for some people, but certainly not anybody I know.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

As did I, and not one that's using cherry picked numbers to present the best possible picture.

It doesn't matter how often you repeat it, it's not going to become true. I did not pay less for medical coverage and care under the Affordable Care Act, nor did many other people. You can throw out all the back end, behind the scenes, pennies-to-dollars savings for some middle-man entity you want but it doesn't change the fact that many people saw costs and coverage go up. Yes, health care became affordable for some people, but certainly not anybody I know.

It's possible you didn't pay less. Many states had few exchanges or even 1, so there was no competition.

As I said in my other post, I don;t know how old you are. My aunt is about 60. She bought the gold plan and complains of the price, in a state with many insurance companies on offer.

The CBO says this price will more than double for that age group (55-64) under the proposed plan.

Do you want that?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Regardless, if this new 'American' bill goes through, the poorest and most vulnerable will get screwed and that cost TRICKLES UP.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

As I said in my other post, I'm not trying to pretend the AHCA is some godsend bill that will fix the health care industry.

I'm just not inclined to be fed a line of BS about how wonderful life with the ACA is, either.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Hey! Me and you are in the same boat! I hope you drink beer haha.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

As I said in my other post, I'm not trying to pretend the AHCA is some godsend bill that will fix the health care industry.

I'm just not inclined to be fed a line of BS about how wonderful life with the ACA is, either.

As time went by, the 'exchange system' was not working. There was competition lost. It wasn't a miracle, but more people got covered.

With this new one, the CBO says it WILL screw EVERYONE. The point of the rant was the things conservatives want removed, even though the thing is bare bones anyway.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Your painting with a broad stoke blaming everything on the conservatives. But they don't have near enough votes to pass this. So don't waste to much energy on it.

Obama made this mess, and while he did it he increased defense spending, bombed more countries than Bush. And used the espionage act against more journalists than any administration before him combined multiplied by almost three.

Dude was a spending animal.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
If the Bill doesn't pass it will only be because it was debated in Washington, without being debated and shared with the American people, which would have put the required upward pressure on the Reps regarding all the relevant issues.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: xuenchen

A $20,000 a year salary makes insurance unaffordable.

The deductibles will kill.

People with a family making 20k a year are eligible for Medicaid.

I'm talking about fringe income over the line of 138% poverty level for individuals.

Somebody at 140% gets klobbered and must pay the deductibles.

Very discriminatory.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The most vulnerable can't afford co-pays and deductibles. Obamacare is geared to one thing, making the medical and pharma co's $$$. Obama was in bed big time with those co's.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

And, for like the 14th time now, I don't really disagree with you because I recognize that the AHCA isn't amazing. My beef was when you slid into trying to paint the ACA as being some wonderful thing for everybody, which is why all of my subsequent comments have been rebuttals to that idea rather than support of the AHCA.

At this point I feel like you're just trying to pick a fight that I've made clear more than once I'm not interested in having so I'm gonna go ahead and bow out of the conversation.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

And when Washington doesn't trust the intelligence and instinct of the American people, Washington, and the American people both lose.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I'm a young man in almost perfect health, my health insurance is 360 a month, outrageous.

But if the government picks it up then I'll just end up paying way more taxes. So what would be the difference?
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Your taxes would be a fraction of your 360 dollar a month premium. I would prefer paying an increase in sales tax or income tax to cover citizens healthcare instead of paying hundreds of dollars in insurance premiums a month. The trillions of dollars we spend on our military budget and billions in foreign aid could also go towards healthcare costs. Some people pay double than what you're paying in premiums!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I've said plenty of times in this thread military pulls from this. But I fail to see how my taxes would be less for the same coverage as private.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Your painting with a broad stoke blaming everything on the conservatives. But they don't have near enough votes to pass this. So don't waste to much energy on it.

Obama made this mess, and while he did it he increased defense spending, bombed more countries than Bush. And used the espionage act against more journalists than any administration before him combined multiplied by almost three.

Dude was a spending animal.

The things they don't want as requirements is not a broad stroke, it is my specific complaint.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: WeRpeons

I've said plenty of times in this thread military pulls from this. But I fail to see how my taxes would be less for the same coverage as private.

I was trying to avoid blurring this issue with military spending. I was reading what you said.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I'm a young man in almost perfect health, my health insurance is 360 a month, outrageous.

But if the government picks it up then I'll just end up paying way more taxes. So what would be the difference?
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Your taxes would be a fraction of your 360 dollar a month premium. I would prefer paying an increase in sales tax or income tax to cover citizens healthcare instead of paying hundreds of dollars in insurance premiums a month. The trillions of dollars we spend on our military budget and billions in foreign aid could also go towards healthcare costs. Some people pay double than what you're paying in premiums!

I like that too. At this time, the administration will not do that or even connnect thw 2 things.
edit on 23-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Heck and Trump wants to increase military spending! Our intrusive foreign policy is what got us into this mess in the Middle East! A Billion of foreign aid to Israel, hell no! It's about time our tax dollars are spent to help Americans here at home.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Well that's how budgets work.

If I decide to renovate my house then I'll have to allocate money from somewhere else or get a loan.

Seeing as we're in trillions of debt it's time to prioritize. And I regret to inform you that both parties prioritize military.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is about to marginalize many more of his older voters, than the already warranted cuts to "Meals on Wheels", who anyway don't agree with support for younger women's health care.

Prescription drug prices are already out of reach in affordability for many.

Don't get me started on the not only opioid crisis from Big Pharma dependent people, but the addition, growing heroin addiction and odds, that is facing this country. Cutting more helps from that is going to bring more of it to the streets. Effectively making communities that much more unsafe, spanning into what is left of the middle class now.
edit on 23-3-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join