It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else sick of hearing how Islam is the religion of "peace"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Says the "Christian" who voted for more bombing in Syria.

1) I have never claim Christianity is a religion of peace.

2) I have not supported the bombing of Syria and I am against ME interferance. So tell me how did I vote for more bombing?
edit on 23-3-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU
a reply to: crazyewok

I actually never hear that... Iam more sick and tired of hearing NON-muslims, trying to define what Islam is or isnt...

Theyre is NO religion of peace!! Maybe the budhist religion, but NONE of the 3 big ones are peacefull, and they have ALL killed in the name of God..

If you want peace, dont join a cult - If you are tired about hearing about Islam, dont listen, and dont start threads about it..
If you want people to know what IS peacefull, then show us, dont tell, and deffinately dont tell us what is not, we learn nothing about peace by doing that.

Good post.

I think OP bit off more than they can chew with this thread. Not sure if he's ready to debate, looks like he was expecting everyone to agree with him and not call him out on his faulty thread.

I'm not going to sit here and act like Muslim extremism isn't a major issue, it's a very important issue that must be addressed. Innocent people are being killed every day in the name of Islam whether it is in the ME, Europe, Africa etc..fueling the fire with hatred isn't going to help fix things is all I'm getting at to the OP

The attacks on Europe leave me feeling sick. The attacks on the ME leave me feeling sick. This whole vicious cycle leaves me feeling sick.

It is a major issue, and the OP is just as sick of it as you and I. So i can understand where he comes from. But as you say, hatred is not gonna help anybody, and the root of the problem has nothing to do with Islam, not anymore than it has to do with other religions. Its the mindset "Them against us" we have to change, if we want peace

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am sick of it.

We should call it what it really is: The religion of violence of murder.

Unless we want to continue to be ironic and call it the Religion of peace for kicks.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I actually never hear that... Iam more sick and tired of hearing NON-muslims, trying to define what Islam is or isnt...

Theyre is NO religion of peace!! Maybe the budhist religion, but NONE of the 3 big ones are peacefull, and they have ALL killed in the name of God..

If you want peace, dont join a cult - If you are tired about hearing about Islam, dont listen, and dont start threads about it..
If you want people to know what IS peacefull, then show us, dont tell, and deffinately dont tell us what is not, we learn nothing about peace by doing that.

Good post.

I think OP bit off more than they can chew with this thread. Not sure if he's ready to debate, looks like he was expecting everyone to agree with him and not call him out on his faulty thread.

I'm not going to sit here and act like Muslim extremism isn't a major issue, it's a very important issue that must be addressed. Innocent people are being killed every day in the name of Islam whether it is in the ME, Europe, Africa etc..fueling the fire with hatred isn't going to help fix things is all I'm getting at to the OP

The attacks on Europe leave me feeling sick. The attacks on the ME leave me feeling sick. This whole vicious cycle leaves me feeling sick.

It is a major issue, and the OP is just as sick of it as you and I. So i can understand where he comes from. But as you say, hatred is not gonna help anybody, and the root of the problem has nothing to do with Islam, not anymore than it has to do with other religions. Its the mindset "Them against us" we have to change, if we want peace

How are you to have peace with those who do not want peace?? How do you come to agreements with those who do not agree? How do you trust agreements with those who will not uphold their end of the agreement? How do you live among those who wish to subjugate and kill you? Will you be a slave and pay your way to keep alive under a caliphate?

Just questions to ponder....

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

Just for fun replace the word "snake" with "Muslim":

She clutched him to her bosom, "You're so beautiful, " she cried
"But if I hadn't brought you in by now you might have died"
She stroked his pretty skin again and kissed and held him tight
Instead of saying thanks, the snake gave her a vicious bite
"Take me in, tender woman
Take me in, for heaven's sake
Take me in, tender woman, " sighed the snake
"I saved you, " cried the woman
"And you've bitten me, but why?
You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
"Oh shut up, silly woman, " said the reptile with a grin
"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in

Before you flame me, this is intended as more of a morality tale than an indictment of Islam. It is easy to peacefully coexist with the Muslim faith.....just renounce your own faith and submit.

Now change the word "Snake/Muslim" with the word Human, you can be the snake too

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
Lots of you guys are children of the witches they could not burn, remember that.
Back in the Dark Ages, Christianity wasn't peaceful ... it was actually pretty evil-ish...
I reckon every religion is the same when you get really deep down into it.

Here's the thing, the dark ages (I actually think you mean the middle ages) were 1400 years ago. This sh*t is still being "played out" today by a very sizeable portion of those who follow the Islamic faith.

The the ex-Muslim woman said in the video I posted:

These are not bad Muslims. In fact, these are the most devoted Muslims I have ever seen. They are doing exactly what Mohammed did. Mohammed who is the Allah's most perfect example to follow.

edit on 23/3/2017 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/3/2017 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Good post.

How are you to have peace with those who do not want peace?? How do you come to agreements with those who do not agree? How do you trust agreements with those who will not uphold their end of the agreement? How do you live among those who wish to subjugate and kill you? Will you be a slave and pay your way to keep alive under a caliphate?

Just because i dont attack, doesnt mean i dont deffend

When you put it like that, i really dont understand how we made it this far, without being keept alive under some sort of caliphate, as a slave - you make it sound impossible, or are you saying that is already how we live?

To answer your question: A good way to do that, would be to be honest - we havent tried that yet

edit on 23-3-2017 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

Your point is not lost, however........get your own song.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Eradicate all religions once and for all. They have no benefit whatsoever. They are all soaked in blood of the nonbelievers. They raped,murdered,burned down cities,enslaved people and much more vile deeds in the name of religion. I''m sich and tired of the constant fighting over who has the best imaginary friend who apparently wasn't a vicious monster in there period of time the whole myths around them got created. It's just brainwashing the masses to keep them in check and under control so they don't question the origins of scriptures with all the fairy tales. Who in is right mind would believe all this crap. All the scriptures and books were writen by men. There is no way to tell which of them were heavily edited to fit a certain narrative anymore. The first bible is hidden under lock and key in the vatican and nobody is allowed to read it. Religious books are written to be interpreted into anything you want them to be. Why am i supposed to believe all this crap or take it for face value for instance because some dudes from 2000 years ago said so? Yeah f#ck off.

People today are concerned about mass surveilance and mindcontrol but they still don't see what was right in front of them since the beginning of time. Religion never was about inviduals or to make the world a better place. It is just only used as a tool to control the minds of gullible people and to single out the nonbelievers and in doing so to discredit them forever. Religious people will jump on your throat just for mentioning that. I bet i get attacked on here by them pretty soon but i don't care. You wanna know how religious East Germany was? The word of Jesus Christ and the bible wasn't even mentioned in school before i came to the west and then i got bombarded with that crap. Granted we got brainwashed by the USSR but at least we weren't force fed religious bs. I had some muslim friends in the west and every time i visited them at home i witnessed the opression and degrading of their women. That was 20 years ago and nothing has changed since then. On the contrary now we are told to embrace other religious beliefs because they are so peaceful,loving and kind. If i had known people are so gullible i would have invented my own religious cult years ago.

Religion is one of the real reasons why there is no worldwide peace because every religious leader is only interested to indoctrinate as much people as possible to grow there cult of believers. They don't care about you or your families well being. You get milked every step of the way by them for money and you don't even ask questions why the freaking Vatican has billions probably even trillions of dollars at there diposal but are till unable to help and feed all of the poor people in the world. Meanwhile pedophilia is running rampart all over the globe because of religious beliefs and you still go to church or visit a mosque every sunday or whatever day some idiot chooses to preach to you. Religion is full of hypocrites and they don't even realize it. Daesh are the most devout muslims on the planet because they follow the Quran to the letter but no they have nothing to do with religion. The amounts of bs excuses people come up with to rationalize religious cruelties is mindblowing and sometimes really frightening.

You can't cherry pick the best parts of any religion so you don't have to feel bad if you follow them. Either you follow them all to the letter or you're not a real believer period. Christians and Muslims are supposed to hate homosexuality that is a proven fact. Don't pretend otherwise because that makes you only another hypocrite.

edit on 23-3-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I cannot get my head around how our governments don't label portions of the Muslim community as hate groups and convict the bad actors of hate crimes. Go after the bad actors with the same vengeance of separating the Klan from the Protestant community? Exposing the hate.

Just don't get how Republicans have a war on women and those that use sharia law get a pass!

So tired of the hypocrisy.
edit on 23-3-2017 by neutronflux because: Added law

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Good post.

When you put it like that, i really dont understand how we made it this far, without being keept alive under some sort of caliphate, as a slave - you make it sound impossible, or are you saying that is already how we live?

Slavery isnt acceptable. Perhaps to you, but I am pretty knowledgeable about slavery under Islam. The history is there to read and learn...

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Ummm...it's the religion of pieces...not peace...

Off with your hand...off with your head...

a pieces filled religion...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Its not just you.. honest dear. Im not picking on you or anything.. from what youve said you can think.. you just dont have the data. Now , have you ever been in a situation where you are fighting an enemy for your life? Me? I will kill you before you make a move on me. YOull not get a hit in. I will win. Defensive positions cost too much blood. A dominant position is always where you want to be. Its much different from movies and ideas about chivalry and etc. Princes can spout about peace brokerages,chivalry and fair fights.. but its the gladiators who fight their fights.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Good post.

Slavery isnt acceptable. Perhaps to you, but I am pretty knowledgeable about slavery under Islam. The history is there to read and learn...

I never said i accepted slavery, but you have no business trying to free someone who doesnt want to be set free by you...
If you give people a better alternative, then they might accept - But if you tell people how to live, by force, your the slavemaster!

I said, if there is NO WAY to make peace, then how did we make it so far without getting overrun by muslims?
Have we been honest in those agreements you say we cant trust to make with them?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is not from a hateful individual. Just toungue in cheek.

But if all those of faith love Allah, Yahew or any of the numerous fairy tale human centric entities so much, how about they all jump into an arena wipe each other out and take an express flight to their higher plane of existance.

Kill 'em all and let their gods sort them out. Leaving the rest of us in peace.
edit on 23-3-2017 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Says the "Christian" who voted for more bombing in Syria.

1) I have never claim Christianity is a religion of peace.

2) I have not supported the bombing of Syria and I am against ME interferance. So tell me how did I vote for more bombing?

You voted conservative, and you knew what you were getting.

Maybe you're dumber than I thought and not just playing the part.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yes.

NONE of us, NO Nation, NO Religion, country or provence is peaceful.

I personally am "sick" of hearing it from all corners of the world, all dogmas and traditions.

I am also sick of hearing about the left or the right or the middle in any country that uses past and antiquiated protest, violent protest and expect it to create anything but chaos and more violence.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You have the right idea but you are painting with a very broad brush. I have my faith, everyone has faith in something or someone it's human nature, but not all religions are created equal. The problem lies in the "control of the masses" part of the dialogue and that is the crux of the issue in my mind.

I am not a religious scholar but enjoy history and I have always found that it is the Catholic Church, the Church of Rome, that has the blood of millions on it's hands. Personally, I believe that it is the Jesuits and the head of their order, the "Black Pope," that orchestrates the majority of trials and tribulations we experience on this Earth. Think Evil.

themillenniumreport.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Its not just you.. honest dear. Im not picking on you or anything.. from what youve said you can think.. you just dont have the data. Now , have you ever been in a situation where you are fighting an enemy for your life? Me? I will kill you before you make a move on me. YOull not get a hit in. I will win. Defensive positions cost too much blood. A dominant position is always where you want to be. Its much different from movies and ideas about chivalry and etc. Princes can spout about peace brokerages,chivalry and fair fights.. but its the gladiators who fight their fights.

Well then you will have to kill me. And you can tell yourself that you did it, to keep yourself save all you will. I wont judge you - But be honest, would you fell like the good guy, if it came to that?

Off-topic: My Ego tells me i would win a fight anyways though, but according to that guy, I will allways win everything

ETA: "pick" on me all you want, if people cant change my mind, how would i ever learn anything new`? So its all good
edit on 23-3-2017 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Good post.

I never said i accepted slavery, but you have no business trying to free someone who doesnt want to be set free by you...
If you give people a better alternative, then they might accept - But if you tell people how to live, by force, your the slavemaster!

I said, if there is NO WAY to make peace, then how did we make it so far without getting overrun by muslims?
Have we been honest in those agreements you say we cant trust to make with them?

Let slaves be slaves. They know nothing else. Shouldve let Saddam remain in power. Some people need dictators. I never said to set slaves free. ANYWHERE. I tell no one how to live.. but I expect the same. I am not being afforded that. Jihadists tell everyone how to live. The alternative is death.. and they feel justified in killing you.. infidel.

There is no way to make peace with Jihadists. Ever. We have not been honest in our own agreements and playing at war in the ME.. thats why it has changed. Thats why the influx has begun into Europe. Educate yourself on what a caliphate is and how it was attempted in the past. Their playbook hasnt changed in centuries.

Soon the princes will let the gladiators fight and move out of the way... or theyll be slaves as well.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join