It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Black Leopard Seen In Hertfordshire

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
Sorry to go off topic I'll keep it brief. I'm as far south as you could almost possibly go, I'm in Essex. My friend took me to Aviemore and the Cairngorms for my first time a few years back .. fell in love with the place and the surrounding areas. When I get a moment maybe tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday I'll send you a bit of info through a U2U of where I've been and where a good place to start off exploring the park

Again apologies ppl for going off topic I'll end it here

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: Raggedyman

Several reasons for the cover-up.

There's the fear reaction. People arming themselves or demanding protection. I've personally known a very unsavoury character arm himself after stumbling across a big cat. Multiply that across the whole of Britain and you've got a danger that would deserve it's own investigative unit. It's not a good reaction and would create more public risk than the cats present.

People fearing a walk in the woods is another reaction I've seen. Not good for tourism.

Having been raised by scientists I can see clearly how it would rock faith in scientific knowledge generally if a major predator or two were suddenly added to the natural history books. That's why the limited hangout is being pushed, that they all came from recent releases. Some have been here since the ice age, others came later by various means. That revelation would create general distrust of 'scientific facts'.

Well seeing as its made mainstream media, I dont think its being covered up.
Wild animal introduced into the wild, not such a big story.

No evidence I can find of leopards being native to the UK anywhere

I just dont see a cover up

www.dailymail.co.uk... -reported-police-week.html

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailystar.co.uk...

www.thesun.co.uk...

one that got caught
www.telegraph.co.uk...

should i go on using Britain's msm to uncover the cover up...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The evidence is the vast number of black leopard sightings. There have never been anywhere near enough black leopards in captivity here for escapees or releases to explain this number of sightings. There is no known reason for the european leopard not to have arrived with the other land mammals. The dense forest canopy would have favoured the melanictic types.

Can you find any acknowledgment from DEFRA that they are here?

The news sources you link are sold for profit, they are not government mouthpieces.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

The evidence is the vast number of black leopard sightings. There have never been anywhere near enough black leopards in captivity here for escapees or releases to explain this number of sightings. There is no known reason for the european leopard not to have arrived with the other land mammals. The dense forest canopy would have favoured the melanictic types.

Can you find any acknowledgment from DEFRA that they are here?

The news sources you link are sold for profit, they are not government mouthpieces.

Yeah, those news services are Govt mouthpieces in my opinion.

Its my opinion there is no cover up, we disagree, its ok that we disagree, you maybe right, I maybe right, no harm in disagreeing
For what its worth I am sure there are big cats in the UK

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Couldn't they have bred in the wild, after being released in the 70's?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

They're establishment mouthpieces, but it isn't presented that way.

DEFRA is presented as a government mouthpiece and they don't seem to have any official word on this.

A documentary film maker told me every expert he spoke to said there was an official cover-up.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Phil123

Some probably have, but the sightings go back into history.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It's not being covered up the daily rags will sensationalise these big cat sightings from time to time with the normal long distance photo of a domestic black cat out for a stroll

Why cover up the fact most people know that big cats were released in small numbers into the wild when the the dangerous animal act came into law many years ago that stopped people who at the time could legally have a lion in their garden:-/

I'm guessing since then other private zoos may have lost a few animals and never admitted it too the authority

How many people have been mauled by these big cats over the years? IF someone was it would make all the front pages

Are people realy scared by the wildlife we have in the uk and want to be armed while out walking lol

won't happen mate no matter how much a paranoid person or a poacher wants it

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I'd love to believe the big cats theory, but it keeps running aground on the fact that there's no physical proof. No-one has ever seen a corpse of one of these creatures.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

That was another thing we were told in the staff room.

Ten years back some teens at the school apparently cornered one of these big cats and the kid got mauled.

Authorities claim it was a dog attack, but this teenagers insist it was a big cat.

To be honest it was the dumb arse kids fault either way.

As for pictures, Medway police do have a picture circulating somewhere of a dashcam photo.

Problem is with most cat species is they are extremely fast, I know when I took a photo of my sighting it came out as a black blur because by the time I saw it and it saw me it decided to bolt which is another problem as cats a notoriously shy and timid, only recently Lynx had been discovered in a forest in Germany in a heavily populated area.

As for what I saw? It wasn’t a leopard, it was clearly in my opinion a Puma.

edit on 21-3-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
I'd love to believe the big cats theory, but it keeps running aground on the fact that there's no physical proof. No-one has ever seen a corpse of one of these creatures.

Cats tend to be rather decreet when they die.

Again a Lynx popluation has on recently been confirmed in a popluated area of Germany.

Plus if these big cats are from released captives from the 70's that have breed then at most there is likely only a few hundred, as such its amazing we get the number sightings we do as cats, even big cats are very timid.

Also seeing as how hardy and adtaple cats are plus how numerous food in the UK would be, I find it very hard to believe released captives from the 70's would not breed.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Oa reply to: Kester

Kester, I don't care what someone said to you, I don't think there is a cover up
We disagree, it's ok

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I don’t think there is a cover-up either.

Most of Medway police and council believe and will admit to believing there is a colony of big cats.

I spoke to a friend on Medway council once and asked if there any effort to confirm and they said they would like to but they just don’t have the budget for a full scale investigation, not when schools are being cut. Plus if it was confirmed there was a colony is England, then what? There nothing the government can do as the cats are not hurting anyone and catching them would be a pain in the bloody arse.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Here's a little laugh for you regarding Edinburgh Zoo. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lol that's epic and scary to a point, ie (what the heck field did i just jump into),, least​ you didn't have to pay for a ticket lol.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

As much as that's true.

They say the same about Bigfoot, yet people still believe their roaming around.
edit on 21-3-2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join