It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye opener for Jew, Muslim, Christian and Atheist!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hi

I haven't posted anything in months...

So I decided to offend the Jew, Christian, Muslim and atheist in one fell swoop.

I'd like to introduce to many of you the "Sister" monotheism belief. Zoroastrianism You will if (Keep an open mind/heart) will find the similarities. This old guy should and needs to be heard! Those of us who are of the Abraham faith, [Jew, Christian and Muslim] need to see a reflection of the core of our own beliefs.

Those atheists who think Greece or "Western" world logic. Should also pay attention! We all need to understand.

I know how bold that sounds but as many of you know, I've been a student of human history for a few decades, (Yes, I have an unrelated book in the works)

First, let me introduce many atheists and those of us of the Abraham faith to a little known but critical ancient settlement. Susa/Esther

Archeologists have dated the first traces of an inhabited Neolithic village to c 7000 BCE. Evidence of a painted-pottery civilization has been dated to c 5000 BCE.[15] Painted ceramic vessels from Susa in the earliest first style are a late, regional version of the Mesopotamian Ubaid ceramic tradition that spread across the Near East during the fifth millennium B.C.[16]

Esther

The Book of Esther is the fifth of the Five Scrolls, arranged in the Hebrew Bible in the order in which they are read on fixed occasions in the Jewish religious calendar.

It is a partly historical, partly legendary story offering an account of how the Jewish feast of 'Purim' originated.

The book cannot have been written much later than the Persian period. The author introduced many Persian words into his story, was acquainted with Persian customs and gave the whole story a strong Persian atmosphere which led many to think that the anonymous author had actually lived in Persia.

Ancient Susa at the time of Esther

The remains of Persepolis, and even more those of Susa, bear out the events related in the book. Inscriptions found distinguish between 'Susa the capital' (the royal palace) and the city of Susa. Thus the book correctly places the banquet of Esther in 'Susa the capital', (1:2) 'in the court of the garden of the king’s palace' (1:5).

That little settlement had influenced the Western/Middle East worlds beyond belief...

Susa, one of the city-states of Elam, is credited as being one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world dating back to 4200 BCE, with evidence of a c. 7000 BCE village having existed at the site.

Eye opener

During the period 8000–3700 BC, the Fertile Crescent witnessed the spread of small settlements supported by agricultural surplus. Geometric tokens emerged to be used to manage stewardship of this surplus.[2] The earliest tokens now known are those from two sites in the Zagros region of Iran: Tepe Asiab and Ganj-i-Dareh Tepe.[3] The Mesopotamian civilization emerged during the period 3700–2900 BC amid the development of technological innovations such as the plough, sailing boats and copper metal working. Clay tablets with pictographic characters appeared in this period to record commercial transactions performed by the temples.[2] Tablet with numeric signs and script. From Teppe Sialk, Susa, Uruk period (3200 BC to 2700 BC). Department of Oriental Antiquities, Louvre. The most important Proto-Elamite sites are Susa

These videos came to my attention from an Masonic elder...

No, I'm not pushing the " Zarathushtrian Religion" it's just that we in the West/Islam need to understand where many of our beliefs (Religious/Legal atheistic) originated.

Susa

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Zoroastrianism is the starting point of most religions.

The evolution of religion is an interesting discussion...

Much like the evolution of cartoons.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

No, I'm not pushing the " Zarathushtrian Religion" it's just that we in the West/Islam need to understand where many of our beliefs (Religious/Legal atheistic) originated.

Makes little difference of the origins...religion is a localized asset, to be tweaked and used in whatever way that benefits the believer.

Nice to see you back in the saddle Johnny boy...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Interesting.

This reminds me of a thread I came across a while ago from 2008 or something, that was discussing the oldest known languages. It was a really cool thread, I'll see if I can dig it up later.

Thanks for sharing though and it's good to see you back around.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Let's see...
The Judeo Christian gave rise to a culture so extraordinary they walked on the moon and split the atom...
Islam gave rise to a people who worship a dude who banged an 8 year old...

One thing is not like the other...

-Chris

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Think what humanity could have achieved in those 2000 years if humanity had understood and quantified mysteries instead of playing the religious mystery game for 2000 years because of Paul:s shenanigans.

Talking 1950 years to get to a Synchronicity definition from Carl Jung is quite slow progress. We could have been using entanglement to scan all level of creation today including the higher and lower levels instead of being boxed in 3D+1T.

But then measurement would destroy the need of faith. When you have exact data you do not need small minded models.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm just not convinced we have anything meaningful to learn from people who were goat herders. Especially goat herders from thousands of years ago.

I like science. Facts we can all agree on and experience in the same way are cool.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I was just reading about this.

A friend sent me a link - - today.

Haven't read enough to contribute any opinion yet though.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't understand why this information would be offensive to atheists?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Nor I.

What can be viewed/interpreted from God believe - - can be viewed/interpreted from lack of God belief.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Most people believe atheists care enough about God as to believe God does not exist. Therefore, anything having to do with God and religion must therefore be offensive. The idea that atheists just don't care about God does not compute.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Most people believe atheists care enough about God as to believe God does not exist. Therefore, anything having to do with God and religion must therefore be offensive. The idea that atheists just don't care about God does not compute.

I see...

Well that's just silly!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

You're such an ass, but I love ya Brother, but let the adult's talk .

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

The Judeo Christian gave rise to a culture so extraordinary they walked on the moon and split the atom...

Gee...I thought that was the scientific element of the culture not the religious. I dont recall algebra (used in physics and getting to the moon) being mentioned in the Old Testament
edit on 17-3-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Think what humanity could have achieved in those 2000 years if humanity had understood and quantified mysteries instead of playing the religious mystery game for 2000 years because of Paul:s shenanigans.
But then measurement would destroy the need of faith. When you have exact data you do not need small minded models.

Until Cern can give you your fantasy you will have to use the old yardstick it seems. You have earned another golden shovel award for your digging up ole Paul again. I am quite sure that you have no more to offer than Paul did unless you offer Islam as your ideology. Everlasting life is the greatest of mysteries and I am quite certain that had Paul never existed it would still be the greatest of mysteries.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

www.avesta.org...

The body must be exposed and left without clothes as to draw towards it the eye of the flesh-devouring birds and may fall an easy prey to them, so that, the sooner it is devoured the lesser the chance of further decomposition and the greater the sanitary good and safety.

Thanks for a great thread.
I've always found it somewhat wholesome the way the body is returned to Nature by carrion feeding on the corpse. Unfortunately not doable in Western Society.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm just not convinced we have anything meaningful to learn from people who were goat herders. Especially goat herders from thousands of years ago

hahahaha...how simple minded...."all Iranians were goat herders"

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Let's see...
Islam gave rise to a people who worship a dude who banged an 8 year old...

One thing is not like the other...

-Chris
If it were left to judeo christians, we'd still be living by the old testament. Secularism put science over religion, and that is how we got to the moon, made amazing medical advancements, and came up with a form of government superior than any theocracy could have ever been.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Text Gee...I thought that was the scientific element of the culture not the religious. I dont recall algebra (used in physics and getting to the moon) being mentioned in the Old Testament

It was not needed then and is not needed now. The moon? Child's play at best. Go all the way and join old Enoch. Now that is science.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Until Cern can give you your fantasy you will have to use the old yardstick it seems. You have earned another golden shovel award for your digging up ole Paul again. I am quite sure that you have no more to offer than Paul did unless you offer Islam as your ideology. Everlasting life is the greatest of mysteries and I am quite certain that had Paul never existed it would still be the greatest of mysteries.

Truly adore you Seede.. But his point about Paul.... like I've told you before....others see through Paul. You aren't losing anything by losing him
I totally understand if you can't though. 😉
edit on 17-3-2017 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join