It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the harvest (and gangstalkers)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Perhaps the real deception is that you have been conditioned to believe that service to others is righteous, which causes you to neglect fulfilling your own potential as a result. TPTB love it when you dedicate yourself to helping others because if everyone is focused on somebody else, they have no time to look within... Ever considered that?

Yes i have considered that, since i prefer to look within than help people directly.

But what makes you think that when you look within you aren't helping people? When you meditate you are making yourself available to the whole, the all. What else is the whole but everyone and everything.

It could also be a basic orientation towards others; like if I do have interactions with people I try to be beneficial or helpful
and am not necessarily trying to run a soup kitchen!

Plus, you can't really help people nowadays. They think you are trying to con them or worse and I usually think the same of them!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

service to self vs. service to others is a simplistic concept and is rooted in absolute duality. Balance and equilibrium seem to be the way.

I presented it as service to others vs. service to self but i think that is just one way to look at it.

I think you could say : seeking truth vs. seeking power
liberty vs. tyranny
wholeness vs. factionalism
or other ways that i can't think of.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: yughii

Maynard James Keenan from tool describes that same thing yughii.

In essence, he suggests that in some ways, through his music, as a catharsis, he can help himself, while helping others simultaneously, by way of philosophy, realizations, and intent. Wisdom, essentially, to help others wade the waters of life.

Intention is important. Resilience is important as well. Patience, and forgiveness, but self preservation is as well, as is teaching lessons when necessary, methinks

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

In essence, he suggests that in some ways, through his music, as a catharsis, he can help himself, while helping others simultaneously, by way of philosophy, realizations, and intent. Wisdom, essentially, to help others wade the waters of life.

Yes. I strongly agree with that. I think that when you are doing something with realness or value it helps others as much as it helps you.

edit: And also do I hear the belief in rational self interest in the comments about self preservation ie. when your situation is stable and as successful as possible it raises the circumstances of the whole. Or maybe you are saying don't forget to mix a healthy dose of realism in with your idealism?

edit on 17-3-2017 by yughii because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: yughii

For the former, ones own stability can provide stability for others. A great thing.

For the the latter. A healthy dose of realism. I kind of see life like a tree. It's great to branch out, to provide fruits for others to enjoy and flourish, but one must always remember their roots, and to uptake water and light to self sustain

edit on 17-3-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I kind of see life like a tree. It's great to branch out, to provide fruits for others to enjoy and flourish, but one must always remember their roots, and to uptake water and light to self sustain

Well said creationbro. What good are the good fruits and the shade of the tree if any wind can blow it down upon your head? that is a right way to think, i think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join