It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new insight needed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
May I get a new insight for a book that I write ?

Or just a theoretical-philosophical study.

Lets say that the aliens come to Earth.
The offer humans their knowledge and technology, but not right away.
First, they want to play a game of sorts.
They offer one "human", in a form of a baby, to grow up among people.
No one is to tell him anything about this at any cost.
But he notices something odd and in time he figures it out.
And he doesn't know everything.
He knows that he is an "alien" and he knows that people are lying to him.
Everyone around him, even his parents.
But no one is willing to tell him anything, to the point of becoming aggressive towards him and making him insane.

Let's say that there is at least one person who would like to save him from that.
He sees that, but those people still don't help him.
So, the alien assumes there must be a reason for it, but he can't figure out what that reason could be.

Any ideas what that reason could be ?

edit on 14-3-2017 by Valar God because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Valar God

For the normal people to put up with an alien in their midst suggests a payoff.

What do the normals get for putting up with the kid?

Downside is once normals get what they want kid gets discarded.

link   

Sounds like growing up in a dysfunctional family. Could be anyone really.

Perhaps that person needs to write their own narrative.

link   

The Aliens gave us a choice ... play the game or ... get vaporized from orbit.

After we lost all of out military we conceded the point.

If the child finds out ... the whole planet dies.

P

ETA. The child grows up and becomes the Super Hero ... saves us all ... by calling for help ... from the Federation of the future.
edit on 14/3/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I do not know what kind of answers you like to the question so I am just gonna test some.

Testing and measuring how human society follow the golden rule and if they will cave morally to do bad things justifying it in different ways.

If they gave the disconnected one an ability to see logically beyond the current social dogma then you could test how well society react to a more advanced and logical culture compared to the old flawed ideas that still are indoctrinated by custom.

Makes me think of the Starchild/starseed movement where soul fall from advanced to primitive to evolve the primitive.
edit on 14-3-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
I do not know what kind of answers you like to the question so I am just gonna test some.

Testing and measuring how human society follow the golden rule and if they will cave morally to do bad things justifying it in different ways.

If they gave the disconnected one an ability to see logically beyond the current social dogma then you could test how well society react to a more advanced and logical culture compared to the old flawed ideas that still are indoctrinated by custom.

Makes me think of the Starchild/starseed movement where soul fall from advanced to primitive to evolve the primitive.

I like your point of view the most and is what I have been looking for.

Could you write more or give me some links/keywords so that i would search for more on this topic if it has been wrote about.

Would you have a theory to why no one explains it to the alien
if the reason for it is not the use of force ?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Exploitation to protect current systems of control... keeping such asleep would be an important facade to keep up as the entire thing could collapse or be a catalyst for change. Human nature doesn't really change and if it does it takes individual effort to do so; many would rather go the way of the expected in herd mentality even if it is unethical to do so.

There are quite a few movies/series/animes with a similar trope behind it as the framework the hero/heroine... even Mad Max is similar as he is kind of alien remembering what life was pre-apocalypse and haunted by it almost as if it were a dream and waking up one day having the nightmare swapped as the reality and survial of their own truth and using their knowledge against the "machine" or "mechanism" in whichever society one finds operates in.

Of course; the against as a catalyst would be something to ponder is it for better and or to free; or turn out to be for selfish purposes no different than those that have a system aready installed? Remember the person is still an individual and cannot perform all functions themself no matter how benevolent and given some sort of power or authority or some even thinking they may get some in the "new' are bound to be already corrupt or have something nefarious in mind in selfishness for themselves in seeking such a position... so such a thing other than to educate the masses becomes sort of pointless; where others as per usual are free to ponder and make up their own minds.

A trope; is a re-occuring framework that is repeated over and over, regardless of the names, places, and times. Many people live tropes in their everyday lives not even aware of it being their existence.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
One could also take the track that the advanced aliens have lost their own "humanity" along the way so they put one of their own to relearn so-called primitive behaviour.

The child experiences both positive and negative behaviours in human society.

The child is retrieved and shares the good and bad.

The aliens learn to repair the sterility and hopelessness of their detached state of awareness.

Thus the child saves the aliens from the evolutionary deadend that is Nirvana.

The aliens then relearn anew the joys and sorrows of being alive. Their first love, their first broken heart. The important things.

(Evil grin) apologies to all, I know this is philosophy and metaphysics forum, but I couldn't resist (grin)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Extraversion and introversion. How is the being/society differ in what they value.
en.wikipedia.org...

Let's say that there is at least one person who would like to save him from that. He sees that, but those people still don't help him. So, the alien assumes there must be a reason for it, but he can't figure out what that reason could be.

I could be that the more or less disconnected one cannot handle mentally the reality situation and will get depressed if it gets to know.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Dead end that is Nirvana? Unless you mean the shotgun end of the band Nirvana... the concept you hold without direct experience is really misinformed. Yes, lets wallow in a bi-polar bias because that's what many of the systems "believe" in as a reality.

Sounds legit for keeping a status quo of business as usual for exploitation but that's about it.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Valar God

Let's say that there is at least one person who would like to save him from that.
He sees that, but those people still don't help him.
So, the alien assumes there must be a reason for it, but he can't figure out what that reason could be.

Any ideas what that reason could be ?

So let's say there is this middle-aged woman locked up in a mental hospital somewhere. The woman is also an alien. But from a different star system than the aliens that gave their baby to earth people. And that baby is the only hope for the woman's civilization to survive further.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

You would have to provide more information, like...

1. What sort of "odd" things does he notice?
What information or experiences lead to the moment that "he figures it out"?

2. I mean, what is the 'process' by which he 'realizes' that he is an alien?
How does he know for certain that people are "lying to him"?
What sort of lies and how does he 'catch them' in those lies?

3. How does he know that this "one person" knows what's going on and wants "to save him from that"?
Who exactly is the "one person" and why would they know what he believes they know?

You see, no one else can come up with "a reason" for the alien being here unless they have an understanding of 'who' he is as a 'person', and in order to do that, they need as much information as possible about the life (from earliest memories onward) that the alien has been 'experiencing' here...

Once others have that information, they can look at his experience from 'outside' perspectives, something that the alien, himself can't do because he is 'inside' of his 'experience'..

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

You would have to provide more information, like...

1. What sort of "odd" things does he notice?
What information or experiences lead to the moment that "he figures it out"?

2. I mean, what is the 'process' by which he 'realizes' that he is an alien?
How does he know for certain that people are "lying to him"?
What sort of lies and how does he 'catch them' in those lies?

3. How does he know that this "one person" knows what's going on and wants "to save him from that"?
Who exactly is the "one person" and why would they know what he believes they know?

You see, no one else can come up with "a reason" for the alien being here unless they have an understanding of 'who' he is as a 'person', and in order to do that, they need as much information as possible about the life (from earliest memories onward) that the alien has been 'experiencing' here...

Once others have that information, they can look at his experience from 'outside' perspectives, something that the alien, himself can't do because he is 'inside' of his 'experience'..

"A reason for the alien being here" ?

Did you even read what I asked ?

The reason why no one is contact him has been put as a condition when the aliens came.

Nothing that happened afterwards will not change or influence what happened before that.

How he find out, what, where, etc etc has nothing to do with it.

Even if I would go along with what you say and print you the entire book here with all the details you asked,
which are absolutely irrelevant to the subject, you will still be left with the same question:

What would their reason for not telling him be ?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
One could also take the track that the advanced aliens have lost their own "humanity" along the way so they put one of their own to relearn so-called primitive behaviour.

The child experiences both positive and negative behaviours in human society.

The child is retrieved and shares the good and bad.

The aliens learn to repair the sterility and hopelessness of their detached state of awareness.

Thus the child saves the aliens from the evolutionary deadend that is Nirvana.

The aliens then relearn anew the joys and sorrows of being alive. Their first love, their first broken heart. The important things.

(Evil grin) apologies to all, I know this is philosophy and metaphysics forum, but I couldn't resist (grin)

Reminds me of the old chinese man in the movie "the day the earth stood still" when after living in disguise with humans for 70 years he reveals to Keanu how violent and destructive we are but at the same time that he has had the best time of his life with us and that he rather die with humanity then leave with the aliens prior to the earth's reset.
edit on 15-3-2017 by Milehigh because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2017 by Milehigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Milehigh

A wonderful sentiment,

I like that. Thankyou for relating that.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Your right I have never been to that place called Nirvana. But I have heard of the place both verbally from those who speak of it and what is written in the Theosophical library literature. My only other experience of those Beings from the higher worlds has been one of persecution, control and punishments for stepping out of the approved paths of enlightenment. The human-centric view devours all and makes it it's own.

But we will never meet in Nirvana BigBrotherDarkness, I have other plans.

Let's call a truce, this is not the forum. . . .

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

He was sent to live among the humans, to live as one of them, until his 21st birth cycle, when it will be revealed to him that he is Prince Booglywoogly, guardian of Nuppus (Earth), and heir to the Boog empire - for a Boog must be one with his people, and they one with their guardian.

cut to Pewpew lazors1

edit: And when this is revealed to him, he also learns that there is another race of aliens, a race so evil and bent on galactic domination, that they live and work in the shadows to enslave humanity for their evil agenda. And he must find out who they are and stop them before it is too late.

And so the hero sets off on his challenge, and right at the climax of the story, when all hope hangs in the balance, we learn that the hero isn't an alien at all - he is just a paranoid schizophrenic. And we're left wondering if he really did uncover a secret plot to take over the world or if it was all just a series of delusions. There had to be something to it, right? It couldn't all have just been...

The Truman Show meets I Am Number 4 meets Fight Club meets Inception.
edit on 3/15/2017 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Be sure to carry impermanence with you

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Impermanence? I have fifty odd years of memories, only that many., Nor would I presume immortality.

(Edit)
So, if I am not a conformist to Buddhism I won't go to Nirvana and not exist after death?

edit on 15-3-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: added 'then again' to last sentence

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Let's say that there is at least one person who would like to save him from that. He sees that, but those people still don't help him. So, the alien assumes there must be a reason for it, but he can't figure out what that reason could be. Any ideas what that reason could be ?

Because that's what happens in a normal humans life. Many things happen to us, positive and negative, that we never get answers for. So we go searching in vain for the answers. We question them, especially the negative things, always wanting answers to why but most of the time we can't find them externally.

Remember as a child fighting with your brother or sister...whom made you cry...and you were devastated at the moment and wanted to know why they did what they did to make you cry ? But no answer is offered...

Remember the first time as a teenager you had your first bad breakup...and maybe you cried and asked why...but never got a satisfactory answer for the breakup ? But no answer is offered...

Remember having something mysterious happen...like a ghostly apparition or a UFO sighting...so you went searching for answers and why...but could never find a satisfactory answer.

Remember being diagnosed with a life threatening condition by your doctor...and you want to know why, why me, why now...but no one gives you an answer.

Remember when someone close to you dies "before" their time...and you want to know why, how can this be, they had a full life ahead of them...you ask why...but no one gives you an answer.

The alien is experiencing what it is like to be human. Everyone isn't here to give us answers. We have to find them on our own. We have to dig within. We also have to realize that some things are just out of our control. This world is a complex entity. We have to experience it the best we can, to learn and grow from it.

The alien can ask why...but it is likely the alien won't be 100% happy with the reason. Maybe the help was given to the alien but it was not recognized, because the alien had a different expectation of what the help would of been than that which was given. We all have different expectations and the answers we want to hear or the outcomes we want to experience are not always what we are given so we walk away unsatisfied and still wondering why or what the reason is because our ears or eyes did not hear or see what we wanted or expected.

leolady

top topics

<<   2 >>

join