It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbit hole leads to 'Knights Templar' cave

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

But Byrd, the link text clearly states that the cave was "used by followers of the Knights Templar in the 17th Century."
and that's not really a stretch because
www.knight-templar.org.uk...

Fanboys, fanboys everywhere, they're probably hiding behind that Rabbit

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
a reply to: Byrd

But Byrd, the link text clearly states that the cave was "used by followers of the Knights Templar in the 17th Century."
and that's not really a stretch because
www.knight-templar.org.uk...

Fanboys, fanboys everywhere, they're probably hiding behind that Rabbit

(sardonic tone)....yeah.....I don't think people realize just how anti-female the order was and how religiously rigid it was.

I do love the new organization and the fact that it's gender inclusive and not under the aegis of a single church. But you're right about the fannish angle.

edit on 10-3-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

I know this place, when I was a teenager I used to take mates there who wanted to get spooked or see a cool hole in the grown. We called it the crow hole, due there being lots of dead crows on the edge of the copice it's found in.

Imagine you're 16 it's going dark, you get out of a car on a country lane in the middle of nowhere. Dive through a hole in the farms hedge, into a corn field. Once in the field, sneak round the edge that's next to a dark overgrown copice, there's dead crows on the ground and a deadly quiet, no bird calls. Then wade into the copice though the sea of nettles and brambles and find the entrance to the Crow Hole. A 45 degree sandy slope, down a 4 foot hole into total darkness, lot of spider webs too for added effect. Once inside with touches on you find yourself in what feels like a maze of tunnels cut out of sandstone. There's carved pillars all over the place and numerous strange carving, symbols and There are many dead ends to the maze, one that looks like a carved door, but eventually you step down into a small circular room (about 7 foot diameter). Again lots of symbology on the wall but in here we also have a alter carved into the rock wall. The place has an uneasy feel and after 10 minutes you just want to leave.

I don't have any good photos as this is all pre smart phones, but this is a music video I made with my uni band called “Rathbone” which part is shot in the Crow Hole. Enjoy

m.youtube.com...

Since them fun days I did a little research on Caynton Caves, and found out that it was originally built as a folly/cave home for a hermit, later used a secret place for Catholic to meet in Cromwell's time. More modernly it's been used for lots of witchy and pagan stuff. No mention of Templar’s till this link in the Birmingham mail.
www.birminghammail.co.uk...

Some of the symbols on the walls looked like 3 breasts arranged in a triangle and I remember someone with big hands had plastered a square foot of wall and pushed there 10 fingers into it and let it dry, so as others can put their fingers in the same position for some reason.

But there's no proof, source or chalice that supports the Templar’s having anything to do with this place. So I call BS on that. But I wasn't convinced by all my own research either. Caynton Cave is not shaped like a living space, its build to seem bigger than it is( overs no more than 40 square foot). There is a another carved room with a roughly cut chimney but it looks like it was added later as it's not as well made. So maybe it's a folly built by some long dead rich dude, to scare his socialite friends, or maybe something darker.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: metalman

I know this place, when I was a teenager I used to take mates there who wanted to get spooked or see a cool hole in the grown. We called it the crow hole, due there being lots of dead crows on the edge of the copice it's found in.

Imagine you're 16 it's going dark, you get out of a car on a country lane in the middle of nowhere. Dive through a hole in the farms hedge, into a corn field. Once in the field, sneak round the edge that's next to a dark overgrown copice, there's dead crows on the ground and a deadly quiet, no bird calls. Then wade into the copice though the sea of nettles and brambles and find the entrance to the Crow Hole. A 45 degree sandy slope, down a 4 foot hole into total darkness, lot of spider webs too for added effect. Once inside with touches on you find yourself in what feels like a maze of tunnels cut out of sandstone. There's carved pillars all over the place and numerous strange carving, symbols and There are many dead ends to the maze, one that looks like a carved door, but eventually you step down into a small circular room (about 7 foot diameter). Again lots of symbology on the wall but in here we also have a alter carved into the rock wall. The place has an uneasy feel and after 10 minutes you just want to leave.

That's a great story!

Since them fun days I did a little research on Caynton Caves, and found out that it was originally built as a folly/cave home for a hermit, later used a secret place for Catholic to meet in Cromwell's time. More modernly it's been used for lots of witchy and pagan stuff. No mention of Templar’s till this link in the Birmingham mail.
www.birminghammail.co.uk...

I find that one 100% credible. That matches the architecture and symbols that I saw in the photos.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: metalman

It sounds like the sort of place I'd have gone, had I lived there (I might even add it to my list of mysterious places I want to visit). I've always been a bit of an adventurer. Spent a lot of my youth and teenage years ecploring everything I could around my hometown, then my 20's exploring the areas around Dundee. I've been in Air Raid Shelters, Medieval Keeps, Lime Kilns, Caves and the like but nothing like this.

We also made a video in a ruined Castle we discovered outside Dundee, a friend of mine was at film School and he did a Star Wars remake, where I, the second tallest of our friends, put mud all over my face to play an Ewok. (Actually we made 2 films there, in the 2nd one I played the Horned God) the Castle ruins used to lie in the countryside beside a Golf Course and the ruin of a hotel, now it sits in the middle of a housing estate and the Hotel has been refurbished but I digress.

are you able, perchance, to pinpoint this place on Google Maps?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Cool glad you enjoyed my story guys, I know a few other interesting places in the area.
Here's the plus code for Caynton Cave. Just copy it into Google and search.
9C4VJMF8+8R
I would say it might be a wasted trip as they've installed a gate over the hole, however it's installed into sandstone and is often forces open by visitors.

Also in the area is White Ladies Priory, the ruins of a priory destroyed on the order or Henry the 8th. It's free to access at any time day or night and has plenty of atmosphere. Just google for location.

There's also Kings Wood, which can be eerie at night. Again just google it.

On a separate note I have also filmed and directed a Star Wars, Star Trek crossover fan film, I played Vader. Was a lot of fun making it, check it out if you like that sort of thing.

m.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join