It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is ordering the politically corrrect social engineering in the West?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Is it that hard to believe that NOBODY ordered it and it is a byproduct of our normal human behavior.
For instance....in this video,the person will willingly pick the wrong answer in order to be accepted by the group.

PC is very similar in that we worry about offending people (conformity) so we change our behavior in order to be "acceptable" to our peers.

Some people's insecurities are so much that they have to project their insecurities back on other people to make themselves feel better.....AKA political correctness.

Nobody ordered this...it is a byproduct of our insecurities while trying to be accepted.

edit on 7-3-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

And you all thought it was a good idea when they did it to the smokers.......welcome to our world.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It's the Technocrat's.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Their Social Group Warfare agenda is but the ultimate social diversion ever conceived by man. For them the best case scenario is a true white supremacist movement to take hold in the "right"...

a reply to: DrumsRfun

It's a design, not an 'accident'. It's design plays on innate flaws in our humanity, not merely arises from it inherently.
This is 2017, not 1924.

It can be seen / observed / detected right in the 'media'. Remember, 'the media' is all the tv channels not just the news. It's Hollywood. These designs are the public schools; academia; the DNC... You name it, it's reach is universal at this stage.

It's Social Engineering, not Social Happenstance. And it's absolutely brilliant.

But why? What is their true agenda?
edit on 7-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I r a human genius and wikipedia called me a homo, DOWN WITH WIKIPEDIA. ITS RACIST, MISOGYNISTIC, HOMOPHOBIC AND PROBABLY RAN BY WHITE SUPREMACISTS! Disgusting behaviour for what was once considered the golden goose of the modern encyclopedia. #boycottwikipedia #homophobic #idon'tknowwhatisrealanymore #ithinkwithfeelingsandmyfeelingsareeasilycompromised #starbucks

ehem...
I am drowning in my own sarcasm, I'm with you on this Revolution9. PC has become a very powerful weapon and I can't stand to see it used as such every god damn day.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Ever heard of the saying "Order through Chaos"

That's the goal of the TPTB, to destabilize the West in order to justify totalitarian rule.

Go watch V for Vendetta. The Fascists ended up using Muslims Refugees and Radical Islam as causus belli to seize control of the UK.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It's self-imposed. Orwell recognized this even in his own day, which he noted in his preface to animal farm. He calls it intellectual cowardice, a more fitting name.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

PC is very similar in that we worry about offending people (conformity) so we change our behavior in order to be "acceptable" to our peers.

Some people's insecurities are so much that they have to project their insecurities back on other people to make themselves feel better.....AKA political correctness.

Nobody ordered this...it is a byproduct of our insecurities while trying to be accepted.

Trouble with trying to please everyone is that by the time you have pleased

the right .... and pleased the left ....and pleased the hard right ..... and then

pleased the hard left.

You have forgotten WHO you actually are, and what you actually believed in

in the first place

There is little room left for individuality.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

This is not greater. By their own admission they have changed the traffic lights as part of a social conditioning, psychological ploy, social engineering strategy. It is happening in Australia, UK, U.S, France, Germany and anywhere else that will have it as part of some club above and beyond democracy that they tell us is our government, but in the next sentence spit at with contempt with their real motives.

To be honest the moving 'red man' has never been a bone of any contention

in my life ... it was only ever a symbol for safety, and the fact that many/most

women wear trousers, the lack of detail never made an impression on me.

It never ceases to amaze me that people are paid probably large sums of money

to pick at the sore that is *political correctness*.

Now when all traffic lights finally get to be gender equal, there will be an out

cry for the lights now not representing the gay community, and then on to the

transgender community. (As is currently happening in the case of public toilets)

When is this stupidity going to end?

If as much effort was put into the ending of poverty and starvation and conflict

around the world. It might be a better world to live in

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Very well stated. S&F.

I was hoping you were quoting from The Guardian article, as I thought to myself, maybe the "news" is finally starting to see the damage this is causing. Nope. Ended up being the story about the freaking crossing signs.

I agree so wholeheartedly with you OP, it's not even funny. We are in big trouble if the agenda keeps being pushed. This IS the reason Trump ended up getting the electoral votes. He is the least PC person on the planet, and people are refreshed by it. The new generation is completely indoctrinated with totally false thinking. It's freaking creepy.

About half of us are awake to it, but we now live in a society where it is "unpopular" to be awake on this. Any talk of it in public (against the pc culture) and you might as well get a public lashing. People's lives are being destroyed over this utter insanity.

It's scary as Hell and so totally frustrating to see so many people continuing to defend it.

Anyway. Great post.

If you were awake earlier, much earlier than Trump, you got to see what society is and your life was destroyed WELL before this last election.

You all just get to suffer what everyone you called crazy had to suffer before you saw a bit of the truth.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There is no 'order'. Many people know right from wrong. I think that's your dilemma.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Who is doing this? Who drives the PC agenda?

First its necessary to clarify which definition of Politically Correct you are referring to. From your OP, I'd expect you are using this definition:

the persistent attempt to suppress the expression of unwelcome beliefs and ideas.

Its a long read: theamericanscholar.org... merican+Scholar%29#

In summary,

Selective private colleges have become religious schools. The religion in question is not Methodism or Catholicism but an extreme version of the belief system of the liberal elite: the liberal professional, managerial, and creative classes, which provide a large majority of students enrolled at such places and an even larger majority of faculty and administrators who work at them. To attend those institutions is to be socialized, and not infrequently, indoctrinated into that religion.

Note: where the author said "Selective private colleges" you can now state, "State Universities, Ivy League Colleges and Private Colleges".

So, to answer your question, the people driving political correctness of this type, i.e. the persistent attempt to suppress the expression of unwelcome beliefs and ideas are the "liberal" (actually Leftist) faculty and administrators throughout the US Higher Education system.

I found this paragraph to be particularly enlightening because it references Michel Foucoult and his "ideas":

What does it mean to say that these institutions are religious schools? First, that they possess a dogma, unwritten but understood by all: a set of “correct” opinions and beliefs, or at best, a narrow range within which disagreement is permitted. There is a right way to think and a right way to talk, and also a right set of things to think and talk about. Secularism is taken for granted. Environmentalism is a sacred cause. Issues of identity—principally the holy trinity of race, gender, and sexuality—occupy the center of concern. The presiding presence is Michel Foucault, with his theories of power, discourse, and the social construction of the self, who plays the same role on the left as Marx once did.

You can read about Michel Foucoult at:
en.wikipedia.org...
This sort of sums up his belief systems:

His theories addressed the relationship between power and knowledge, and how they are used as a form of social control through societal institutions.

In 1970 he was admitted to the Collège de France, membership of which he retained until his death. He also became active in a number of left-wing groups involved in anti-racist campaigns, anti-human rights abuses movements, and the struggle for penal reform.

When you read the wikipedia article you'll discover that Foucoult's philosophies leaned heavily on Hegel and Marx and was a member of the French Communist Party.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I agree with your thread, I personally believe that the government and media purposely divide people - and its not one sides fault or the other. The "left" is programmed to demand more rights, bring up more social issues, and such, and the "right" is programmed to defend their conservative ways. It's a battle - one side is depicted as absolutely shoving a subject down everyone's throats - even if it's not a depiction of reality, the media will ensure that something like where a trans person relieves themselves is blown up into a national issue - where as the right is depicted as being vehemently against such legislation - even if it's not a depiction of reality once again.

Both sides adopt these views and hold onto them tight - they believe their political identity is being threatened, and they bunker down - while those of us in the middle are scratching our heads, wondering why the federal government is only being given more and more power to represent different issues that doesn't even need to be addressed - libertarians want more freedom, less government infringement, and for people to mind their own business and be peaceful.

Speaking of which - Where the hell is metallicus when you see a topic that needs some libertarian influence?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
People are just nihilistic by nature. And the prevelance of the internet replacing IRL communities results in SJWs. I think it was Drudge that had an article the other day. Here it is: reason.com...

That and this, that I've said before: The problem with the world today is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

Sure people exploit these tendencies, but people don't need much of a push.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
So is no one going to just come out and point at Zionism?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

By your choice of words, you limit your thinking of the situation through concepts of modern fiction.

Do you not think for yourself what the human animal is and can be and what must be out there among the millions of other earth-like planets? Do you never consider for a second that a mysterious object moving strangely in the sky is certainly beyond earthly means? Such short-sightedness appear all too frequently here even on ATS.

"Live Long and prosper."

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Wow I am impressed that anyone can cite Foucoult in this place!

Well put! one of the reasons why I left the Left was that I could see the religious zealotry in their behaviour. I saw a similar thing on both sides of the presidential campaign. Both sides were happy to ignore the unfortunate truths about their messiahs.

What I propose is a mature view of our politicians. One where our politicians are judged to be good is their success rate is say more than 80%. The problem is how to measure that.

Given the complexity of modern life it is stupid to expect a politician to be successful or right about everything.

edit on 8-3-2017 by Tiger5 because: Add in more text

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

I tend to take a minimalist view, i.e., to the extent that we can reduce the scope of reach of the Federal government, the failures of any politicans at the Federal level are minimized.

Its strange to think, but truthfully, with big data and computerized analytics, just how hard can it be to choose the best policy options. Political debates about policy by politicians at the Federal level aren't about the best option, they are about money and paybacks, etc.

We need better policies and the best way to get there would be by way of more analytics and less politics.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I never said that I categorically deny aliens exist...I just said I want no part of transhumanism. You have fun with the Borg collective...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Well how about you just go with your innate sense of goodness and fair play? I work as hard as I can in a job that should make a natural ally of the Republicans but I like the social justice of the democrats.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but it's weird, and contributes to the ever increasingly distracted and pissed off humanity. This conditioning speaks volumes of something much more sinister, I mean look at our money issue, look at our entertainment issue.

Instead of being a productive society and promoting knowledge and innovation we promote entertainment and " Working " for a living, but not working a job that is in your interest zone, but working a job that makes other people more money while you barely take home something respectable.

The petty issues we have speak to me as a means of control, all of this is about control, it's all it's ever been about and that alone should scare you, because what would the purpose be?

Why do we control pets or even prisoners? To keep them safe from one another and keep them from escaping, tearing things up and otherwise having too much control for fear of what they will do with said ability.

We're all slaves is what I see, not a one human being is immune either.

We do all see to be part of the same group we relate with, but it seems much more deeper than that.
edit on 9-3-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join