It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Dead is...DEAD!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
They should just carbon copy it all from the comic book storyboards, and then everyone can just go read the blogs written by doods whom hath read the comics and then all will be known. Then the producers can spare themselves the trouble of even making more tv episodes.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I tried watching the show. When the lead characters wife was screwing his best friend so soon after her husbands "she thinks" death, well I turned it off right there.
True love at its finest.
Never tried watching again.

Same here the whole thing was just plain stupid can't believe people like this crap.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

You spoke of Andrea... If you had even the remotest comprehension of what you were talking about, you would know that Andrea is a very long lived character in the comics. Personally, I hated that character...she's a slut and a manipulative bitch. Michonne, on the other hand, is all sorts of cool. She's a smooth operator, the viewer doesn't know what's inside her head...and sometimes not even what side she's on. Michonne is a fantastic character, unlike Andrea who is shallow, predictable (not in a good way) and basically just a whore and cowardess.

This comment right here makes it seem like you haven't read the comics, at all.

If Andrea is (among other things) a slut & a whore, what does that make Michonne? Because I'm pretty sure Michonne has more notches.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TiggersTheMan

I don't think either one are slutty. They just two grown women who want the companionship of men. Why is that to be looked at with scorn?? Women sleep with men, men sleep with woman, PERIOD. I felt that the show has been fairly conservative with visually expressive relationships. No routine spontaneous make outs like hospital drama shows. I like that, because it forces the plot to focus on the serious stuff and not stray away from the vision of the authors. Im sure he has hurled a few times at the tv writing, but thats show business.

And I would like to see some titty thrown around now and then. 's nuthin wrong with some titty. Can they find a town that has turned itself into entertainment under heavy guard. Take a page out of ScyFy's Z Nation. No reason we can't make the best of the apocalypse right??

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

You think they are trying to be PC? In what context would it be okay for an interracial couple to be together without you thinking they are "shoving it down your throat"?

Also, your avatar is from a book centered around characters in an interracial relationship. Was the book your avatar in also just being "PC"? Was King just shoving it down your throat?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Three and a half words: zombie, old, half-eaten.

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm not really too concerned with who is getting busy with who, or how often. Just pointing out the odd statements of the OP, that Andrea is a "slut", I find it bizarre and nonsensical.

Anyway, I'm sure he'll be pleased with the latest issue.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I was so hoping that Rick was gonna screw up with the car and get Michone killed. But I guess they couldn't let that happen eh?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
not getting the issue. its hardly a Pc thing, big red did a rainbow. Rick is in prison love with Michonne, its always been a show about people and their situations under duress. The zombies are secondary to the story itself, and Michonne is a badass.

One thing that bugs me about her is that she wears a samurai sword on her back. it is illogical..yeah, looks cool, but no, you cant wear that on your back, you cant pull it out in any efficient manner. simply fluff.

This season has been fantastic..very tense, and I reckon one of those two are gonna die this season (probably Rick)...They always do a epic spotlight before someone goes away.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

If they are unattached, there is no harm. But the point I think was that it was so soon. So much for love.

Trust me, I know what it feels like to love someone completely, and they just move on because they 'want the companionship of a man' which usually involves lies, deceit, betrayal and shame.

especially narcissistic vain princesses who think nothing of being whorish for attention.

I stopped watching after season 4 anyway, became such a bore fest. soap drama with an occasional "Oh I'm walking in the forest, oh my, a zombie, I shall scream now and hope the dude with the cross bow is near by. Hurrah, there he is, ohno, one more zombie. /to be continued..."

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Every time I hear Rick try and do a Southern accent with that constantly constipated look on his face I cringe inside a little.

Same with every time I hear Daryl call dear meat "venison". Its like they are all a bunch of transplanted Yankees that are supposed to be from Georgia.

And yes the Rick and Michonne show is another obvious agenda at play. Its no surprise though, its what they do, by their own admission even.

knowledgenuts.com...

Entertainment Liason office? Sounds legit to me.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
not getting the issue. its hardly a Pc thing, big red did a rainbow. Rick is in prison love with Michonne, its always been a show about people and their situations under duress. The zombies are secondary to the story itself, and Michonne is a badass.

One thing that bugs me about her is that she wears a samurai sword on her back. it is illogical..yeah, looks cool, but no, you cant wear that on your back, you cant pull it out in any efficient manner. simply fluff.

This season has been fantastic..very tense, and I reckon one of those two are gonna die this season (probably Rick)...They always do a epic spotlight before someone goes away.

Plot twist, SHE kills him.

All nicey nicey now, but it's all a ploy. Wait and see

I'll never know. I don't even get the facebook memes about what the show has d/evolved into.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I gave up after the first few episodes of season 7. The writing bugs me...it's not very good, the twists are incredibly cheap at times and the cracks become more apparent as it chugs along. It all seems like it's not leading to any kind of satisfying conclusion, just being dragged out as long as possible by endless filler episodes with the occasional great one that's just enough to keep the audiences coming back.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Why stop at the walking dead?
Have you noticed every commercial on the tube has a black man and white women
as a family with light skinned black children? I saw ONE commercial with a white guy with a black women... just one!
I am so sick of them shoving this crap down our throats ..... and don't call me a racist I am just not politically correct every single moment of the day and I will never be.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I feel like the reason it's lost its appeal is because it shifted from being about an apocalypse and became all about other people (it went from Man vrs his own Nature to Man vrs Man).

They should have went from Atlanta to Hershel's ranch (skipping the disease center) and then just killed them all off with the swarm and called it season 1. (Maybe leaving one or two survivors.)

Then season 2 starts and, like American Horror Story or like the webisodes, it all starts over again with a new cast and scenario.

To me, TWD webisodes were much more interesting: we got to see the true nature of different people, what they did in the first moments of an apocalypse, and what they did in their last moments alive (and in different scenarios).

What they've done is turned it into a soap opera with will-they-won't-they love affairs. It's gotten pretty boring.
edit on 3/6/2017 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Older generations are not fans because they are used to the old soap opera formula where well off people basically do the same thing, but with alot less real action or mayhem, therefore boring. I tell everybody that this show is the soap opera for the younger generation. Days of Our Lives. The Walking Dead hopefully runs for thirty years

I love my new generation soaps.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Well gee, you post a thread upset about an interracial relationship and crying PC yet try to claim it's not the race thing that's bothering you.

Clearly you have issues with the race thing but I'm not gonna go post for post with you about your feelings because frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

I hope you realize that it is quite possible to be annoyed by this stuff and not to be racist. Let's use myself, for example. I'm the by-product of a interracial couple, which would technically make me a minority. My wife is white, which means that we're an interracial couple. We're both sick and tired of seeing PC stuff forced down our throats.

I don't watch the Walking Dead, but from the sounds of it, I'm sure we'd be annoyed by this as well(especially if it's not sticking close to the comics, we're suckers for source material). One example of how I feel companies are forcing PC down our throats to show that they "care" is Marvel. In the comics, many iconic characters have been changed into minorities. We now have a black male Captain America, a black female Iron Man(Iron Heart), an asian Hulk, female Thor, and a half black/hispanic Spider-Man. To me, this feels more like pandering to the PC crowd, rather than an attempt at good story-telling. Others may feel differently and that's ok. I would much rather have them create brand new minority characters than change iconic ones.

I'm also tired of the Marvel cinematic/television universe putting minorities into roles of white people. It just feels like pandering more than anything. Let's take the Inhumans show that's coming out soon. I saw the cast they chose for the roles, and the guy they have playing Gorgon is black. I'm sure the guy is a good actor, but the character is actually white. I don't know about any of you, but if a new Spawn movie was ever made I would be very upset if the actor they choose for Spawn isn't black, because that's how he is in the comic.

I guess what I'm saying in a nutshell is that I'm a minority, I'm not racist, and I still agree with Flyingclaydisk in regards to the forced PC pandering the media is shoving down our throats. If this stuff happens naturally, that's all fine and dandy, but many times it just feels like it's being forced on us so we can all say "Well see, this movie/tv studio understands us".

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I liked the first season, but it went rapidly downhill for me from there.

Once the baby was born, I had to quit. I really dislike "baby in peril" as a (lazy writing) technique to get people emotionally involved in the plot. Watching an infant in grave peril isn't my idea of entertainment.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Sigh.

Well, I liked it.

I didn't watch the season opener, though. Taped it, and someone spoiled it. Couldn't bring myself to watch it. Too depressing. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Easy as that. I'll stick it out for a bit.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hey now, first time I've ever seen a thread about TWD get so many flags. I'm sure it has nothing to do with racism.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join