It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are these turkeys doing ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

That's not a smart thing to do to a kid.

Let them have a pet turkey and then have them for dinner.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Huh?! you do the same thing unless your vegan.

Anyway humans do the same thing, you wish death on them too?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: tarifa37

HA ha , love dead cats ,and why .

And yet people are fine right.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tarifa37
Is that cat really dead, or just hypnotising the birds to come closer? Never underestimate the power of cats.

edit on 3-3-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Tell me about it.

I still have guilt.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Turkey vultures eat dead cats, not parade around them. J/S.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Unless the UK has greatly different taxonomy and animals, those are wild turkeys. Turkey vultures look rather gnarly and stooped over.

I don't know what kind of vultures ya'll have though. In the US we have turkey vultures, buzzards, and condors that would all fit the bill of "roadside scavenger".

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
For context....

a turkey vulture:

and a wild turkey:

They are turkeys and not turkey vultures.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Turkeys: too stupid a bird to realize that particular predator is dead... This is behavior often seen from turkeys when they find a snake or other smallish threat. They're waiting for the cat to move, then you'd see them close in and start picking at it until it was dead or fleeing.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Perhaps you should have read the whole thread , then you might have seen that i wrote this .

Not to mention the most dangerous animal of all . Europeans . I will NEVER get to see a thylacene , never .

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

What part of they are not native to Australia do you not understand . They have thrived in the wild and are putting the native wildlife under extreme pressure .
edit on 3-3-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I agree with and though partly mentioned already in prior replies an article;

However, cats are predators to turkeys, often preying on them and their eggs. Was this cat a menace to this group of turkeys and now they are circling it as a part of a celebratory ritual?

OR, could this cat have been these turkeys' leader and now they are mourning its death? There is no evidence of turkeys performing "funerals" or rituals for the dead like other animals do, but this could be the start of something new.

-Source
May have not even been a menace to the turkeys but rather know a predator and are being cautious, protecting their location, unsure if the predator or potential is alive or dead.

Also,having this in "chit chat" won't go far as seen, rather have comments such as the following.

What part of they are not native to Australia do you not understand . They have thrived in the wild and are putting the native wildlife under extreme pressure .

Dogs kill wildlife too. Are dogs native to there? Yeah, didn't think so-the Dingo isn't native originally and is in part responsible for the Tasmanian Tiger's demise.

What a gem bet you wish death on dogs too?

Here's an Aussie article for you:

But defensive cat lovers should rest assured — a new study from researchers at the University of Oxford reminds us that domestic dogs are also killers and disease-spreaders that can pose conservation problems when they're allowed to roam free outdoors.
-source

The issue isn't solely the pets fault but the owner needs to be more responsible.

Deny ignorance.

edit on 3-3-2017 by dreamingawake because: ""

edit on 3-3-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

If they have gone wild yes , dogs due to their on average larger size are likely a threat to people as well , especially children . But you would be OK with that wouldn't you . Ever seen what a pack of dogs do to sheep when they attack them , no , didn't think so .They dont kill because they are hungry but because they can . Heres some light viewing for you .

Want to save that dog and have it around your kids , didnt think so . Oh , and that sheep is a lucky one , sometimes they rip their underside open then move on . Seen it so dont tell me it does not happen .

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Turkey Vultures don't walk around on the ground with a gait, they just hop.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

If they have gone wild yes , dogs due to their on average larger size are likely a threat to people as well , especially children . But you would be OK with that wouldn't you . Ever seen what a pack of dogs do to sheep when they attack them , no , didn't think so .They dont kill because they are hungry but because they can . Heres some light viewing for you .

Want to save that dog and have it around your kids , didnt think so . Oh , and that sheep is a lucky one , sometimes they rip their underside open then move on . Seen it so dont tell me it does not happen .

Loving dead animals no doubt one would jump at the chance to take out what is deemed as or really is dangerous animals
SMH

Moot points brought up, no reason a child should be around killer animals in the first place. I've seen what packs of dogs do as well as what Timber wolves do to not only large wild animals(Moose and Elk) but farm animals as well with not eating them.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Loving dead animals no doubt one would jump at the chance to take out what is deemed as or really is dangerous animals SMH

Love animals , especially our natives here in Australia but that point is lost on you .

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Loving dead animals no doubt one would jump at the chance to take out what is deemed as or really is dangerous animals SMH

Love animals , especially our natives here in Australia but that point is lost on you .

Good then, hope you do. It's sad when people pick and choose instead of seeing all animal life should be cherished, not some.

HA ha , love dead cats ,and why .

For shame comment.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

For shame comment.

Cats are good eh . Keep defending them .

edit on 4-3-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

For shame comment.

Cats are good eh . Keep defending them .

I will because not all cats, especially with good owners, have done that.

Again, deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Many owners don't believe their lovable kitty is a killer, but a recent study from the University of Georgia, USA, which attached cameras to 60 pets, found almost half were active hunters. It also revealed them eating roadkill, lapping at sewer water and dodging cars - providing other good reasons to keep your cat safe at home.

So half of the cats having homes kill and almost certainly all that are wild do . And its not just Australia .

It shows that free-ranging pet and feral cats in the USA kill perhaps 2.4 billion birds and 12.3 billion mammals each year, most of which are natives, rather than introduced species such as brown rats.

If you keep your cat inside i really do not have a problem with them . But kitty has to go outside for a run doesn't he .
edit on 4-3-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join