It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are these turkeys doing ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I think people might be confused because the domestic Turkeys have been bred to grow larger.

Two of my Toms, notice the full sized Dodge Ram in the background? My turkeys are huge compared to the wild ones.

Yours are certainly bigger, since they are domestic turkeys, but they are also displaying.... which makes them look even bigger.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Not to mention the most dangerous animal of all . Europeans . I will NEVER get to see a thylacene , never .

edit on 3-3-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I heard they were circling the dead cat for at least over an hour.

So it took a very long time for them to figure out that the cat was dead/non-threatening. Those turkeys are either stupid, or just very thorough and slow to cast judgements. Or both stupid and thorough.

Lol @ that guys original twitter, "these turkeys trying to give the cat its 10th life." Lmfao.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Those turkeys are either stupid

Ever heard the term , bird brain .

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Yes, they are displaying, and that does make them look bigger, but in reality when I butchered these two, just a breast filled up the whole turkey roasting pan. I had to cut them up and cook the pieces in different pans. I had to have help carrying them into the house after they were butchered. They are free range and only get organic grains.

Mine are non GMO Heritage Turkeys.

edit on 3-3-2017 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Turkey doing something controversial. At least they did not kill any ambassadors in this video.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Yes, they are displaying, and that does make them look bigger, but in reality when I butchered these two, just a breast filled up the whole turkey roasting pan. I had to cut them up and cook the pieces in different pans. I had to have help carrying them into the house after they were butchered. They are free range and only get organic grains.

You're making me hungry. Actually my stomach was growling when I watched the video.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Geez guys, prey animals don't often see predators in the wild, until the last moment. Imagine an opportunity to review one up close, get s full on close up view of it, from all angles.

Led by the most experienced bird, they all go round and round, taking in all its features. Next time they see one in the future, even at a distance they will recognize it as the danger it is, sound the alarm.

Class over.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Kudos to you for raising your turkeys the right way!
I wasn't insinuating that your turkeys are not big, though. They look like fine big gobblers!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I will NEVER get to see a thylacene , never .

You may be correct, but I really hope that you are wrong. Whether an isolated population still survives, or if they can be recreated through DNA reclaimed from samples, there is a slim chance that they could be seen yet again.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

TextWhether an isolated population still survives

Tasmania has some pretty serious wilderness and unconfirmed sightings are pretty consistent . Lets not find them is my opinion . If they are still out there
edit on 3-3-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
jfyi to anyone who is really going to hunt and eat wild turkeys.

Make sure you leave them in your fridge for at least 4-5 days before cooking. If you cook them while they are in Rigor they will be super tough. Freezing them right after butchering is supposed to stop the rigor process, but in my experience they are still tough, and should still be cooled in the fridge for several days before freezing.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tarifa37

'Wicked witch of the west is dead' type celebration.

:/

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I used to have a pet turkey.

Raised em from a chick.

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal that year.

This reminds me of the nightmare I started having after that Thanksgiving.

edit on 3-3-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sorry. Dlb post
edit on 3-3-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I try not to make pets out of the animals I intend to eat. I usually dont name them. But the toms in my pic above were named, Thanksgiving and Christmas. lol

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well they do what Turkeys do when they can’t choke their chickens. They march around in a circle jerk. Many others have posted that this is some sort of ritual. That being said and other than contacting a Conservation Officer with a States Department of Environmental Conservation you could contact DNC National headquarters as they seem to have a lot of experience in these type of rituals.

www.bbc.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.bbc.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's a shame this has been moved to "chit chat "
Guess we will never know why these turkeys are rubber necking a dead cat.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

That's really odd! Maybe the cat was terrorizing the neighborhood turkeys and now the turkeys are having their "serves you right ritual!" Than again, turkeys are weird to begin with.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Turkeys actually eat meat like lizards. Maybe they are circling as a result of considering eating it, and also just checking it out because they have never eaten a cat.

Animals are also interested in things they have not seen before. One turkey checks it out and the rest of the flock follows(?) who knows what's going on..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join