It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Men Should Pay 5% Extra In Taxes Because They’re Privileged

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

This thread should be pointed to whenever someone wants to know what gullibility looks like.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

Now just where is that middle finger emoji? I really have the need to use it right now

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This thread should be pointed to whenever someone wants to know what gullibility looks like.

right-wing snowflakes will buy into anything, if they believe it can somehow be used against liberals or the democrats. and to top it off, one poster even blamed it on Obama, without even checking to see if it's true and not satire....that's how trump got elected......

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

Everyone else should pay taxes TO White men because of the never ending racism that has been directed towards them for the past 10 years +.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Let's say for a minute that this was a genuine, realistic suggestion as opposed to an attention-grabbing troll-piece (the article, not the OP). IF you were genuinely going to suggest something like this, would FIVE PERCENT really be a realistic suggestion? What a ridiculously arbitrary and bizarre number to pluck out of the air.

I may not be a Trump supporter, but this SJW thing on the extreme left (not 'liberals' - these people are extremists) is getting absolutely out of hand now.

And to think I used to find emo kids annoying back in the myspace days. Come back guys - your tears are welcome after all!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

right-wing snowflakes will buy into anything, if they believe it can somehow be used against liberals or the democrats. and to top it off, one poster even blamed it on Obama, without even checking to see if it's true and not satire....that's how trump got elected......

Yet if even a minor detail in a news report from the MSM is incorrect its suddenly "FAKE NEWS!" and can be 100% ignored without fully reading and vetting the details.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

a reply to: TarzanBeta

Most people are commenting like this article is truth and there really is a movement to add a 5% tax on white people. Not only is this not a bill, it isn't even a thing that the left cares about. It has been pointed out over and over in this thread that the website this article originated on exists to aggregate extreme left or right political views. That plus the ridiculous part about declaring you aren't really white tell me that there is nothing serious about this proposal.

When you respond like that to satire, then you are clearly showing a poor ability to follow through on sources. Plus you are playing into the satire's hands. It's like people in this thread already believed that the left thinks like this and they are letting a joke confirm their biases. It is pure gullibility.

You think the point of satire is to troll?

No. You're only attempting to belittle everyone who gets the point. Your cards are showing.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Here's the problem with that, the Congressional Black Caucus, led by John Conyers, is currently pressing to form a commission to examine the merits of reparations in the US. Conyers has been desperately trying to force this issue in DC for decades now. While the base article may be satire, the ideology behind the satire is very much alive and kicking in our government. That makes the satire piece a little more concerning to me. This bullsnip must be identified and mocked for the ridiculous garbage it is rather than brushed aside as a throw away piece of "humor."

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

Most people are commenting like this article is truth and there really is a movement to add a 5% tax on white people. Not only is this not a bill, it isn't even a thing that the left cares about. It has been pointed out over and over in this thread that the website this article originated on exists to aggregate extreme left or right political views. That plus the ridiculous part about declaring you aren't really white tell me that there is nothing serious about this proposal.

When you respond like that to satire, then you are clearly showing a poor ability to follow through on sources. Plus you are playing into the satire's hands. It's like people in this thread already believed that the left thinks like this and they are letting a joke confirm their biases. It is pure gullibility.

No. You're only attempting to belittle everyone who gets the point. Your cards are showing.

Yes. This article was meant to troll right wingers. Surprise!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Why are you so concerned? Do you really think that reparations bills will actually get any movement with our current government? Hell, they didn't even get movement with a black President in charge.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Why are you so concerned? Do you really think that reparations bills will actually get any movement with our current government? Hell, they didn't even get movement with a black President in charge.

How have years of "why are you concerned?" worked for the middle class in this country so far? I'm concerned because there are just enough entitled dumb asses in the Kept Voter pool to make a reparations bill (which would only work as reparations if the funding came from some manner of non-African American tax base) become a law. If enough politicians can amass enough Kept Voters and self-loathing non-Kept voters to buy into it, it will become the law of the land. That's how this farce of a votes-for-other-people's-earnings government works.

Hell, they didn't even get movement with a black President in charge.

Prior to 4 months ago it was believed that the working class white vote was still with that president's party. November showed we're in a new ball game now. Any quarter provided by that party to the non-special interest minority working class voter in the past will likely be left in the past, a victim of further pandering and wealth redistribution to secure minorities in the Kept Voter pool.
edit on 28-2-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Relax. Pure BS. Nobody in their right mind would believe that crap.

Got to stop being so gullible, and stop giving them the attention they crave.

They are like recalcitrant children. Even bad attention is attention, and they will take it any way they can get it.

Stop giving them what they want and maybe they will grow up.

I would just like to point out that its this type of attitude towards the right that helped fuel their tenacity this go-around.

Ignoring and minimizing one political belief, rather than trying to understand it will cause that group to feel alienated and lash out. If that's what you want from the left, then go on ahead.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
How have years of "why are you concerned?" worked for the middle class in this country so far? I'm concerned because there are just enough entitled dumb asses in the Kept Voter pool to make a reparations bill (which would only work as reparations if the funding came from some manner of non-African American tax base) become a law. If enough politicians can amass enough Kept Voters and self-loathing non-Kept voters to buy into it, it will become the law of the land. That's how this farce of a votes-for-other-people's-earnings government works.

How about worrying about that bridge when it is time to cross it?

Prior to 4 months ago it was believed that the working class white vote was still with that president's party. November showed we're in a new ball game now. Any quarter provided by that party to the non-special interest minority working class voter in the past will likely be left in the past, a victim of further pandering and wealth redistribution to secure minorities in the Kept Voter pool.

Contrary to the right wing narrative, the left isn't a bunch of racists. The party isn't going to align against the whites in this country. That is a right wing bogeyman.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

WE ARE CROSSING THAT BRIDGE RIGHT NOW. www.nbcnews.com...
The point you're looking for as the point of concern will be too late to really stop this crap from taking place, making it unacceptable to wait that long.

I don't think the left is a bunch of racists. I do, however, believe that they have sacrificed the average middle class and working class straight caucasian voters to the wolves in favor of pandering to a larger number of special interest voters. Those special interest voters stay on board for the freebies and back washes being a Kept Voter affords them. The bill for the Kept Voters is footed by those of us paying net taxes... the majority of whom don't traditionally vote for activist liberal candidates because it is not in their best interests, in any way whatsoever, to do so.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
That's 5 percent, not five bucks.

Now that we've all had our knee jerk reactions to this ridiculous idea, can we look at it like a group of ATS members?

Reverse the roles, extra tax for not being white male. Does that sound plausible? No?
So it didn't pass the sniff test, we know it will not happen.

Now... Why are they suggesting it? Who is behind this?
I feel like every day some new idea to oppress me comes around from the "left", and almost all of them are so far past ridiculous that they can't happen.
What's the goal? Is it to get is used to hearing about it so they can sneak one in?
Or maybe these aren't from the left at all, And it's just to create a deeper hate between us.
Or perhaps this comes from a third party manipulator- whole idea is to get the middle class riled up and take back their country.

Come on, ATS. Think.

That's my thoughts as well.
I think that it's very possible that there may be a third party manipulator at work here. It just reeks of social engineering, this race crap. Don't get me wrong, I know that there really are racists out there, in every crowd there's a hater. But what the hell is the reasoning for craftily worded headlines, certain stories being pushed when otherwise ignored and the blatant narrative control

It just seems that there's an endgame here, and I'm not so easily sold on who to point the finger at right now.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Go look up the definitions of satire and troll.

They're not the same thing at all.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

WE ARE CROSSING THAT BRIDGE RIGHT NOW. www.nbcnews.com...
The point you're looking for as the point of concern will be too late to really stop this crap from taking place, making it unacceptable to wait that long.

Didn't I JUST ask you a question about getting a bill like that through this current government? So clearly it isn't taking place now just because a lawmaker is writing bills about it. Come cry to me when it is in danger of being an actual law. Then we'll talk.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

Yes. This article was meant to troll right wingers. Surprise!
I think that this crap is more than just trolling at this point. The kind of 'trolling' that we're seeing from both sides is getting beyond the point of being able to use that term anymore.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

For every 1 who refuses to listen, there are 100 who will eagerly perk up their ears, my friend. The information war doesn't rely on Krazysh0t's participation.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

It's the internet. I'm surprised people are still shocked by it myself. This crap is par the course and only takes a modicum of critical thought to see this. Though if you walk into it with your partisan blinders on reflecting the strawmen you've browbeat into your head from right wing propaganda then you'll just end up looking like a gullible fool.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join