It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can change the nature of a man?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If you instantly understood the above then like me anytime you hear it or see it you probably get a bit a tingle in your privates.

After being released in 1999, Planescape Torment now has a sequel and a new question
What does 1 life matter?

For those who havent played Planescape Torment stop reading now and play it!!!
I dont wanna build it up or spoil anything so Ill just say its the best game of all time and you dont know RPGs till youve played this game.

While the graphics are a bit dodgy by todays standards it was the first game where your decisions really counted and is said by many to be the best story in a game ever.

You play the role of an Immortal (not god) who wakes up in a morgue with no memories and just a floating smart ass talking skull to appraise you of the situation.
The game doesnt involve saving the world or fighting off demon hordes (you do both but its more a sidequest type deal) its simply about finding out who you are and why you cant die.

So today the 28th of Feb 2017 its spiritual successor is released worldwide, Torment: Tides of Numenera

This has been 5 YEARS in the making and was originally put up as a kickstarter campaign, it actually broke records for how quick they got their min amount of 1 million (less than 24 hrs) and got like $4.4 mill total.

I was smart, I pre ordered, so I get an email yesterday telling me my copy wont be available for another week or 2

Im not sure why the universe has punished me but its been 17.5 years Ive been waiting I dont think I can do another 2 weeks.
A Beta version came out months ago with the first 10 hrs of gameplay but I resisted, I think now the universe is trying to test me, I normally dont download new games as I like to buy them and support the developer but Im thinking of making an exception.
You reckon its ok to download since Ive already paid for it?
Anyone else playing it yet?
Is it as awesome as I hope?
No spoilers please

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Haven't played the original game but does look great.. Borderlands type graphics, think I'm going to put this game on my list to buy.

Thanks for sharing :-)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This game is actually the thing which enticed me to make a Kickstarter account and start funding things! So chuffed I got my internet connection back in time to download what I hope will be a masterpiece!

I didn't allow the beta to entice me; was happy to wait for full release - I'm not playing it yet, but I will be soon... Steam download, activate!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Wow. Looks like a really good game. Is it PC only?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Never mind. It's PS4 too. Good. Definitely want to play it

edit on 27-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci
This game is actually the thing which enticed me to make a Kickstarter account and start funding things! So chuffed I got my internet connection back in time to download what I hope will be a masterpiece!

I didn't allow the beta to entice me; was happy to wait for full release - I'm not playing it yet, but I will be soon... Steam download, activate!

I saw your Tyranny thread but didnt get in on it, absolutely awesome game

Right up there with Planescape and BG2.

I expect a report an hour after you start playing with updates every 2 hours after that till I start playing

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Pretty funny. I flagged your thread so I could check it out later and happened to get an email for a preorder only a few minutes later.

Is this similar to Pillars of Eternity? I did not get a chance to play the original.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Pretty funny. I flagged your thread so I could check it out later and happened to get an email for a preorder only a few minutes later.

Is this similar to Pillars of Eternity? I did not get a chance to play the original.

Its similar to Pillars as a porsche is similar to pick up truck.

Its a similar game mechanic but the story is just incredible, you have a level of character development that you normally only find in great novels.

Check it out NOW, you life isnt complete and you dont even know it

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Oh, IDK man a 1.1G install seems kinda large. Plus I'm not sure my graphics card is up to snuff.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Oh, IDK man a 1.1G install seems kinda large. Plus I'm not sure my graphics card is up to snuff.

If your PC is less than 10 years old you should be safe, it came out in 1999 ffs

To be on the safe side check out Can I run it

Just type in the game, and you can check the specs or install an app that will tell you automatically.

Why are you still here?
Hurry up and play the game

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I'm just kidding around. It came out in '99.

Can't play it yet, I'm at work. I actually got 2 hours of gaming done in the past two weeks. Looks neat however.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I'm just kidding around. It came out in '99.

Can't play it yet, I'm at work. I actually got 2 hours of gaming done in the past two weeks. Looks neat however.

Your not listening dude!!!
Fake a workplace injury, quit your job if you have too go home and play!!!

Youll thank me in 3-4 days when you surface

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Ok, Ok, but I'm sending my kids and woman to your place for feedings and diaper changes. You'll need a reliable vehicle as well due to the nature of school and grocery trips.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It's getting good reviews. Very story driven game from what I understand, which is right down my Ally. I intend to get it. Probably will get Mass Effect Andromeda first, but nonetheless, Torment sounds like a must have to me.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ok, just beat it on the PS4. 50 hours, probably a little over. Really good game. It's an easy 9 to me. Great story. It doesn't force you into conflict. It's just an all around great game. Will certainly be doing another playthrough of this one. There's about five different outcomes from what I understand.
This is definitely in my top 15 best games ever.

"What is one life worth?"
edit on 17-11-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join