It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dakota Access Protesters Leave Abandoned, Frost-Bitten Dogs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Of they were shot at, arrested and hospitalized and unable to retrieve their dogs. That's probably a lot closer to the truth.

And secondly....if one man burns a tent or one man leaves a couple of dogs do you then condemn all protesters?

Yes.

Because them environmentalists supposedly loves all things nature.

But hey, it's not MY freezing dog, right?

Frickin morons.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Why so quick to assume the dogs were left intentionally?.

I have had a dog get loose and not been able to find it before I had to leave where I was...

...I suppose the protesters being run off couldn't have had anything to do with the animals being lost or left...

NAH!!, it's the protesters fault . (sarcasm)

People on ATS are sounding more conservative and government (ignorant) loving every day.

It used to be a good place for a good read once...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

NAH!!, it's the protesters fault . (sarcasm)

Yes it is there fault. They knew they were going to be kicked out of the camp. How could it not be their fault? People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

It is their fault if the dogs were running free, if they got run off by the Po-Po before the dogs came back it's still their fault...

A lot of posters here are demonizing the protesters unfairly without context to how the dogs ended up being there.

...Hell, they could be dogs from the local area draw to the activity there...

Nobody knows, but everybody has their two cents to offer.

This site is getting to read like a Jerry Springer show anymore...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I am not defending anybody. Just trash behind is enough for me to dislike those hypocrites, but I have a hard time believing the dogs were frost bitten. I mean how cold was it? Dogs do pretty well out in the elements compared to humans.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

So why not go back to the police and say hey my dog is out there... or contact a dog rescue group... or contact the press with concerns about pets left behind...

But no... god forbid anyone take some personal responsibility... you know like there was a good chance from day 1 the fed would run them off so why bring a dog?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

It is their fault if the dogs were running free, if they got run off by the Po-Po before the dogs came back it's still their fault...

Yes it is their fault. Doesn't happen to responsible pet owners.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Average high near Bismark is 23, low is 2... depending on how long they were out there it is possible.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Poor dogs!

Dog karma exists

Hopefully said karma will find these people who left these dogs behind.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: zosimov

As usual, people seem to be more concerned about the animals that were left behind than the people who left them there.

Because people are typically able to care for themselves. I have zero empathy for s***bags who abuse animals.

For clarity sake, I'd like to point out that I am categorically against animal abuse.. hell, I don't even kill bugs usually

My point, poorly made, is that the protestors have been earnestly standing up for an issue that is of great importance to them for nearly a year (okay there were gate crashers- are the original protestors to blame for that? Not by my measure of justice) have been shot at by police with rubber bullets, with water cannons, have been imprisoned in kennels, and what gets these people on this thread's compassion flowing? 6 dogs supposedly abandoned by one or two slimy individuals?

The oil company will undoubtedly disrupt the habitats surrounding the pipeline (including the innocent animals if the people of the area leave one's sentiments cold) but that too doesn't matter to these posters..

Cheap feels in my opinion.. but who am I to say? Just another a$$hole with an opinion here

ETA: A mental exercise: My brother is a developer. He has a project in mind for Boca Raton.. all the (extremely wealthy) residents came out to the town meeting to protest the project he is proposing. How is that any different from the way this movement began? Imagine if my brother had all the power, and decided to completely disregard the residents' wishes. Let's add another layer by saying that my brother's proposed project had the potential to spill toxins in a residential area.. I wonder what would have happened there: the residents either slink away, defeated, or try a new tactic.

It's a nuanced issue and IMO a small brood of abandoned puppies, while very sad, is only one very small part of a bigger tragedy.
edit on 28-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Not by my measure of justice) have been shot at by police with rubber bullets, with water cannons, have been imprisoned in kennels, and what gets these people on this thread's compassion flowing? 6 dogs supposedly abandoned by one or two slimy individuals?

Because the vast majority of us on here can separate out protests from animal abuse. The two issues, in my opinion, are wholly unrelated. I do not judge the legitimacy of their activism on their treatment of animals. I do however judge them personally on their wholly unacceptable and reprehensible behavior on how they did treat these animals.

These people are s***.

edit on 28-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: President, Jacygirl fan club.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Fair enough. But who is this them you are speaking of? Surely the hundreds of protestors did not collectively own the two dogs?

Put the perp in jail for the alloted time frame. This is why we have animal abuse laws.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

But who is this them you are speaking of?

Whomever were the dog's owners. Obviously.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
there is a very good maxim for people attending protest camps or other activities that are " likley " to end badly :

" never take anything that you will regret loosing // seeing destroyed "

if the above does not probhibit pets - they you need a good kicking

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not by my measure of justice) have been shot at by police with rubber bullets, with water cannons, have been imprisoned in kennels, and what gets these people on this thread's compassion flowing? 6 dogs supposedly abandoned by one or two slimy individuals?

Because the vast majority of us on here can separate out protests from animal abuse. The two issues, in my opinion, are wholly unrelated.

I disagree with you on this point (and this point only). If the issue were only about animal abuse, we would see the OP post thread after thread on abused animals (surely happens every second of the day, unfortunately). No, this particular case was chosen for a reason. And I think I know what it is.

But I agree, any one who abuses anything at all, let alone weaker or frail things, is odious.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I disagree with you on this point (and this point only). If the issue were only about animal abuse, we would see the OP post thread after thread on abused animals (surely happens every second of the day, unfortunately). No, this particular case was chosen for a reason. And I think I know what it is.

Then take it up with the Original Poster, I made myself clear as an azure sky of deepest summer.

But I agree, any one who abuses anything at all, let alone weaker or frail things, is odious.

Then we are on the same page about these vile scumbags. People who abuse children and animals are the lowest of the low and have no redeeming social value.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join