It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger films brutal train scuffle allegedly sparked by racial slur

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The following article is about an incident that occurred a couple of days ago in Adelaide, South Australia.

A FRIGHTENED passenger has filmed a shocking attack allegedly sparked by a racial slur on a packed train in Adelaide.

Video of the incident, which happened on the Gawler line about 4pm on Monday, shows a shirtless man, who said he was Aboriginal, lashing out at a younger passenger of African descent and threatening to kill him, Seven News reported.

It was understood the shirtless man took offence at a comment made by the younger man.

“You want to f**k with me?” the attacker said.

“Don’t ever disrespect my aboriginal people again.”

Link

Resorting to violent behaviour will not solve the issues we face.

I do wonder if the Aboriginal man will (or can?) be charged with a hate crime?

edit on 21/2/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Why would he be charged with a hate crime if he got violent in response to a racial slur?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I've been called all sorts of things. Funny thing is that I have NEVER been moved to violence at any time due to it. I have to really wonder about people who are controlled by words so much so they turn into an uncivilized violence prone idiot the moment a word concerning race or ethnicity or etc is uttered. Such impulsive bitches dont have any space in my reality...

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

The attacker continued: “You say it, say it, you say I love Aboriginal people. This is our land.”

That underlined part may be interpreted as racist. In Australia, there is a stupid law which includes "causing offence" to another person, especially on the grounds of race.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Agreed.

No matter what is said, anybody whose first reaction is to behave violently to words is an impulsive fool.

edit on 21/2/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Angry people don't need much of an excuse to behave like assholes. But go ahead and fan the flames of race hatred (too) by replaying an assholes angry outburst here.
edit on 21-2-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
How easy would it be to sneak up on two groups of people with different skin color and start calling out racial slurs until they started fighting?

Thats exactly what the fake stream media is doing every time they show these kind of videos.

Its their job.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Angry people don't need much of an excuse to behave like assholes. But go ahead and fan the flames of race hatred (too) by replaying an assholes angry outburst here.

Oh right, I forgot: the perpetrator is not Caucasian, so the story ought to be ignored.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Oh right, I forgot: the perpetrator is not Caucasian, so the story ought to be ignored.

pffft, do you yell fire in crowded theaters for attention?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

pffft, do you yell fire in crowded theaters for attention?

I don't quite follow...

What is the relevance of such an analogy in relation to what I said?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It looks like they were having a bit of a stand off, before the fireworks.

Tho the full story hasnt emerged yet, it appears the perpetrator, was the full black Somalian Africa immigrant, that mouthed off to a native (part native appearance wise) indigenous Australia person, and suffered the wrath of his big mouth.

We are having a bit of trouble with the African blacks atm......all caused by them.

The last thing they should do, is come to this country and start disrespecting the original ancient people here, who were roaming the plains and mountains of this land, when the Africans were still monkeys living in trees, too scared to walk on the ground in case a lion ate them.

They will also be aware that "White"" Australians will back their "Aboriginals" long before any black African B/tard.

These Africans better start behaving like gracious poor refugee immigrants they claim to be, or they might find themselves back in their ancestral lands....in a box!!

You Dont come to Australia (or anywhere else) and disrespect its original people.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
a reply to: Advantage

Agreed.

No matter what is said, anybody whose first reaction is to behave violently to words is an impulsive fool.

sometimes words can be the most painful thing in the world. so much so they can drive people to suicide... in this case rage.
but that guy may have over reacted due to pride or his own interpretation of what was said.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Racism is more prevalent these days because the man scream media plays it to death in order to foster division among people in order to keep us infighting amongst ourselves, in order to distract us away from the real fighting going on in foreign lands.

The real hatred and wholesale murder of people in unjust wars. The last thing I want to do is bring more examples of racism to feed that worthless bickering. Like crying fire in a theatre when there is none, just to get a reaction.

Like blaming little people for race hatred when its more fostered than ever by the fake stream media. When was the last time you personally saw two people fighting over race, personally. Probably as often as you actually witness car accidents.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
sometimes words can be the most painful thing in the world. so much so they can drive people to suicide... in this case rage.
but that guy may have over reacted due to pride or his own interpretation of what was said.

I do not deny that words can be extremely painful. But it's not as if somebody commits suicide as a spur-of-the-moment response to another person's words alone — it's their underlying psychological state that has just been triggered.

As we don't know the full story, it's difficult to analyse the events properly. but it seems like the man lost his temper and acted violently instead of the more reasonable option to stop, think, and then act if necessary.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
How in gods name is someone flying off the handle because of a racial slur directed at them mean they committed a hate crime?

He obviously overreacted and could be charged with assault but a hate crime it was not.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
How in gods name is someone flying off the handle because of a racial slur directed at them mean they committed a hate crime?

He obviously overreacted and could be charged with assault but a hate crime it was not.

Let's pretend the shirtless guy was Caucasian for a moment. He says: “You say it, say it, you say I love Caucasians. This is our land.” and he throws the guy to the ground.

Would that not be considered a hate crime?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

It's a difficult situation to compare because there's not really a word that can be derogatory in the way that there are for black people and aboriginals. Even words like, "cracker" refer to the fact that white people used to crack the whip and so even though is not a compliment it still refers to a white power structure.

But let's say a black guy said something like, "I hate white people" and called some guy a "white MFer", then no, I do not believe that would be a hate crime as you describe it. But as I said before, could be charged with assault.
edit on 21-2-2017 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

You seem to be implying that only white people can be guilty of hate crimes (because of history)?

Read here

Your example would satisfy the criteria for "racial discrimination" because the person's race is being referenced in a manner to cause offence while carrying out the assault.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Was it just me or does his speech sound like he may have also been under the influence as well?

(i get the accent spent many many moons in Oz) but he does sound like hes slurring a bit as well.....

Could be combination of all of it

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It's likely he was under the influence. But does that excuse his behaviour?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join