It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump's New EO Immigration Memos; Children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: windword
I agree with you! (Mark this post for posterity, because it may never happen again! LOL)

The punishment should be equal to the crime, not hyper inflated to make examples of certain families".

My concern then focuses on the 40% of the children who end up here and not in the custody of their relatives...where are they going and what are they doing?

It concerns me also.

Children are not responsible for IDIOT ADULTS.

As I said, I am PRO LIVING children. Once they're born, they need to be cared for.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

No need to apologize. I just thought it was odd that you seemed to be saying the same thing in that post.

Illegal is illegal and there is no changing that but somewhere during the past 15 years "Human Trafficking" became a big thing in the media and know the emotion of forced labor and sexual exploitation is being used to make all human smuggling tug at people's heartstrings even in cases where that isn't the case.
edit on 21-2-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

So if someone pays an established "human trafficker" to deliver a person from one country to another the person paying should not be charged with aiding and abetting said "human trafficker"?
Are you naive enough to think the said "human trafficker" is not also moving slaves, prostitutes, ect.....why would you want to keep that business alive?

There are legal ways of entering the usa; perhaps those wanting a life here should pursue those avenues. There is no shame in having a border or laws to make people enter our country legally and properly.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

a reply to: everyone

"Trafficking" and "Transporting" are not the same thing, legal wise.

Indeed.

Transporting is legal. = Transporting
Smuggling people across the border illegally is (the word defines it already) illegal, smuggling is illegal. = Trafficking

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It is human nature to abuse and leverage any situation that you can. Simply asking people to grab their crap and please head toward the exit signs because they entered our country illegally will not work. I wish that were not so. What I would give that humanity were different.

But what is simply is. So yes create fear and give them reasons to fear. Charge the parents and those who hide them with human smuggling. The point is to give illegal people no ground to go to. Their "out" is going back where they came from.

To those who like to argue idealistic arguments. Your soap box is ludicrous because you would not have them squat in your house, sleep in your bed, eat your food. That is essentially what they are doing and you want to "appropriate" everybody in the nation as their caretakers and let them squat here. There are laws against this for a reason.

I think in your idealism you are committing treasonous acts. Me personally I don't like you writing checks on my behalf for your flights of fancy.

In community that I spend time in in Texas there have been a lot of trucks getting loaded up and for sale signs. I never saw any of that until Trump got elected. Thank god for a politician who is more than lip service.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Transporting is legal. = Transporting
Smuggling people across the border illegally is (the word defines it already) illegal, smuggling is illegal. = Trafficking

No. Not legally.

Human trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery, and involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to exploit human beings for some type of labor or commercial sex purpose.

As I said earlier:
"I'm not suggesting that those who actually engage in Human Trafficking should not be prosecuted.

Not everyone who pays for the safe transport of minor undocumented children and their upkeep is guilty of Human Trafficking.

Don't get me wrong, they're guilty of aiding and abetting illegal immigration and should be charged with that crime, just not with slavery and exploitation.

Do you understand the difference?
edit on 21-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Don't kid yourself, the Mexican "Coyotes" are always busy at work and they charged between 5k-10k per child delivered at the border and just last year they smuggled 10k-15k Africans/Haitians that worked in Brazil as guest workers on the Olympic Games construction projects to the US/Mexico border, they told them the US would take them in as refugees and charged 5k a head....nowdays they are stuck in Northern Mexico and selling stuff in the streets.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I was just clarifying. I mean you did say all kids deserve a chance.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

And, they should be caught and prosecuted, to the fullest extent of the law.

Do you think that everyone that pays for safe transport for every underage undocumented immigrant used the Mexican "Coyotes"?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Human trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery, and involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to exploit human beings for some type of labor or commercial sex purpose.

Which defines Illegally smuggling people into a country circumventing the legal system, a crime is committed the moment they smuggle them into the country already. And how do these kids legally enter schools ? they dont, not legally . How do people legally receive monetary support for these children , they dont, not legally.

Again i ask you. When are you going to Riot and Protest in mexico to presure them into actually doing something about this problem. When are you going to Riot and Protest against the mexican president and all the people that support him in order to give these people a better live where they are born and have been living all their lives.

When are you going to stop supporting smuggling these people into the U.S where they end up as illegal citizens with all the consequences and implications that come with it and opens up the door for child abuse on a massive scale. When are you going to stop pretending that they do not end up in neighborhood in the U.S that are just as criminal as the one they just came from.

For every illegal immigrant you take in here each day hundreds of new ones are being born in mexico that end up living iin the disaster that is called mexico and it has been going on for half a century or more. When are you going to start and see the light that it is not working.

When are you going to stop ignoring that the issue starts in mexico and not here?

Go and start trampling up the mexican flag while you denounce the manner in which mexico's goverment is handling its country and its people instead of constantly excusing mexico for everything which effectivly is supporting that sort of behavior by not holding mexico accountable for mexico's wrong doings but the U.S.

The U.S outsources million of jobs to mexico, yet the people over there still cant find work or make enough money and there is still not enough police on the streets and there is still not enough police that is not corrupt. Is this because of U.S laws? Or is this because of mexico's corrupt behavior? Mexico's !

Tell me, when are you and anyone that thinks like you going to do that? Do that and then we can talk virtues because before that happens you can claim to be as virtues as saint marry herself as much as you want but the fact remains that in reality you have none and you have no true wish to solve anything for these people while only supporting the continued existence of this problem and your only wish is a witch hunt to support your political narratives and agenda's that never solved any real issues for anyone.

No wonder that democratically controlled cities today look more and more like Aleppo.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 21 Feb 2017 13:41:07 -06001720172America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Much ado about nothing. Minors with no relatives have nobody to pay their way and the burden of proof is on the state.

ETA: goes for this as well:everyone

edit on 21-2-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I agree with you! (Mark this post for posterity, because it may never happen again! LOL)

The punishment should be equal to the crime, not hyper inflated to make examples of certain families".

My concern then focuses on the 40% of the children who end up here and not in the custody of their relatives...where are they going and what are they doing?

It concerns me also.

As I said, I am PRO LIVING children. Once they're born, they need to be cared for.

Then why are you not protesting these "idiot adults" who are responsible ? Which would be Mexico. Go pick up your signs of peace , love and tolerance and walk over to mexico to protest the mexican government and their incredibly corrupt police force instead of the U.S's ?

You are all afraid to address this question and avoid it like the plague.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

I was just clarifying. I mean you did say all kids deserve a chance.

LIVING CHILDREN

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

It concerns me also.

Then why are you not protesting these "idiot adults" who are responsible ? Which would be Mexico. Go pick up your signs of peace , love and tolerance and walk over to mexico to protest the mexican government and their incredibly corrupt police force instead of the U.S's ?

Seems you have an issue.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Sigh......That's not how you parse a sentence.

Human trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery,

and involves the use of
force, fraud, or coercion

to exploit human beings for some type of

labor or commercial sex purpose.

Not all smuggling of humans equals "human trafficking", by legal definition. FACT
This proposed Executive Order unfairly blurs those distinctions, imo.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

It concerns me also.

Seems you have an issue.

Much like yourself, you seem to have a issue with people not being allowed into the country illegally with all the abuse that comes with it. And it seems you have no argument Or answer to the question asked. I am addressing a issue and asked you and windword a question. How about you do to and answer it instead of doing your best not to.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 21 Feb 2017 13:52:32 -06001720172America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

So the people that bring little jose to uncle pablo also bring little lupita as a sex slave; is uncle pablo not aiding and abetting human trafficking? Should he not be charged with such?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

So the emotional argument makes it legal?

NO, the "emotional argument" makes it immoral

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Of course. But, when Aunt Sarah paid for her sister's kids' airfare, Maria and David, to visit from Venezuela, and never sent them back, (wink wink), and now she's home schooling them with her own kids and feeding and housing them, not pimping or slaving them out, should she be charged with "Human Trafficking"?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
How in the world is this considered human trafficking?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join