It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump's New EO Immigration Memos; Children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I don't see a problem with that, they are in fact human trafficking.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes and dumping them here on their own away from their parents is not helping them either. Assuming they were not brought here for to be prostitutes in the first place so they can send home money. Or do you think they end up in beverly hills here and not in cities and their worst neighborhoods where there is a tremendous amount of gun crimes going on in the streets just like over there?

On top of that how about mexico fixed their problems on their side so their people dont have to live in such situations? How is it helping anything by dumping their children here by handing them over to criminal cartels who trafick their children to here with disastrous results or do you think all those criminals over there that take payment to ship children over are all part of some saint orginization and those children will not end up in prostitution ?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Avicenne
It's been only one month and it's already a Nazi Nation.
This is not the U.S of America.

Agent Orange will destroy everything brave American heros have fought hard to make this country what it is.

Congrats alt right *#%holes.

It's definitely leaning that way.

I'll take the word of those who actually know from their own real experience.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: everyone

Gripe about Sanctuary Cities all you like, but this issue has NOTING to do with them. Sanctuary City issues rest mostly on undocumented people who have been arrested and are in the system waiting deportation.

This issue has nothing do with that. This is about changing the definition of "Human Trafficking" in order to try and handle the problem of unaccompanied and/or undocumented children, by blaming the adults they're seeking and/or who are aiding them. This isn't about city officials who look the other way.

Please stick to the topic.

Stay dense about the facts all you like. The fact remains that those places are the biggest cause because they are the biggest enabler. It is the very reason why this problem you adress is the biggest over there. Deny it all you like, be willfully blind about it in order to support your narratives but it remains to be is as clear as that.

You will never solve issues like this and help anyone by pretending this is not true. And on top of that "illegal" will always remain to be "illegal. It is illegal to trafick people into the country.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Human trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery, and involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to exploit human beings for some type of labor or commercial sex purpose.

www.dhs.gov...

Not everyone who pays for the safe transport of minor undocumented children and their upkeep is guilty of Human Trafficking.

Don't get me wrong, they're guilty of aiding and abetting illegal immigration, just not of slavery and exploitation.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Agent Orange will destroy everything brave American heros have fought hard to make this country what it is.

Good, you just told everybody they should not listen to you.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

"Trafficking" and "Transporting" are not the same thing, legal wise.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Yes and dumping them here on their own away from their parents is not helping them either.

The hell its not. It gives them a chance.

I am a major supporter of LIVING CHILDREN. Those already alive, through no fault of their own. They did not ask to be born in war zones and extreme poverty.

They are not responsible for IDIOT ADULTS.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

So I take it you're pro-life too?
edit on 21-2-2017 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Human trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery, and involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to exploit human beings for some type of labor or commercial sex purpose.

www.dhs.gov...

Not everyone who pays for the safe transport of minor undocumented children and their upkeep is guilty of Human Trafficking.

Don't get me wrong, they're guilty of aiding and abetting illegal immigration, just not of slavery and exploitation.

Not all are being paid for their safe transport and care A lot of groups are being paid to trafick them to here to make money on those kids prostitution.

Go complain to mexico to get their schnit in order first. Attack the root of the problem.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Of course even the safe passage of children to be with their parents has come to be labeled with something negative. Can't have US citizens stand behind it unless it is made to look bad.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Without giving it a ton of thought at the moment, here's the basic reality: If you pay to have your child smuggled illegally across a country's border, I can see why that should be a prosecutable offense.

However, since EVERY definition of "human trafficking" that I can find specifically states that the transport of said human must be fore the purpose of labor or services, it seems extremely unreasonable to charge those who finance the illegal transportation of children into the United States (for reasons of reuniting with family) with charges as being accomplices to human traffickers.

But, that said, it notes that 40% of children brought into the U.S. illegally do NOT end up in the custody of relatives. That's pretty close to half, in the grand scheme of things, so in those cases, I would say that the financers of the travels be brought up on charges, sure--they facilitated illegal immigration into the United States.
edit on 21-2-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

So I take it you're pro-life too?

I am PRO LIVING.

Do not turn this into that debate.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yes and dumping them here on their own away from their parents is not helping them either.

The hell its not. It gives them a chance.

I am a major supporter of LIVING CHILDREN. Those already alive, through no fault of their own. They did not ask to be born in war zones and extreme poverty.

They are not responsible for IDIOT ADULTS.

It gives them as much of a chance as they have in the bad hoods over there. Maybe their parents and you should start protesting mexico instead of your own president and america instead no ?

If mexico is such a horrible country and so horribly run by these horrible people which causes these terrible conditions they live in as you describe then why the hell are you people protesting america and its president while you wave the mexican flag instead of the american one? Defending the mexican president no less..

Why the hell are you not over there protesting the mexican government to fix the root of their problem instead of wasting your time doing it here ???

You care so much ? or you pretend to care so much.

look in the mirror, it is :
The latter

Otherwise you would be over in mexico rioting against those horrible conditions they provide their people that you keep mentioning yourself.

Sleep Well !

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 21 Feb 2017 11:56:08 -06001720172America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Good, you just told everybody they should not listen to you.

The All Mighty has spoken.

Make sure you all don't think for yourselves.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Of course even the safe passage of children to be with their parents has come to be labeled with something negative. Can't have US citizens stand behind it unless it is made to look bad.

If said children are illegally entering the country and the parents are facilitating their travels, they are breaking the law. Maybe the parents should fund the process of legal immigration if they don't want to be charged with a crime.

You're arguing on the basis of 'appealing to emotion'--not a good way to discuss an issue.

'But...but...but, the children...'

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
If said children are illegally entering the country and the parents are facilitating their travels, they are breaking the law. Maybe the parents should fund the process of legal immigration if they don't want to be charged with a crime.

So? That isn't the same as forced labor or prostitution and therefore not what I was talking about.

You're arguing on the basis of 'appealing to emotion'--not a good way to discuss an issue.

'But...but...but, the children...'

No I'm not. I have never said "think of the children". I'm talking about the difference that you actually mentioned in your previous post.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I would say that the financers of the travels be brought up on charges, sure--they facilitated illegal immigration into the United States.

I agree with you! (Mark this post for posterity, because it may never happen again! LOL)

The punishment should be equal to the crime, not hyper inflated to make "examples" of certain families.

edit on 21-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

If I misconstrued the intent of you comment, my apologies.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I agree with you! (Mark this post for posterity, because it may never happen again! LOL)

The punishment should be equal to the crime, not hyper inflated to make examples of certain families".

I think that we agreed once before, too. Maybe it was a dream, or a glitch in the matrix...who knows.

My concern then focuses on the 40% of the children who end up here and not in the custody of their relatives...where are they going and what are they doing?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join