It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Me, ATS: Why oh why does the CDC own vaccine patents???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: rickymouse

If the CDC is patenting the adjuvants, which seems to be the most controvercial element of vaccines, then that would mean the Pharma companies are not liable if the adjuvants cause problems, the taxpayer of the USA are liable.

Tricky! Tricky! I hadn't thought about that...

Very interesting about the aluminum -- thank you! I mostly cook in cast iron and Pyrex, but I do reheat in foil sometimes, and I do have asthma, and I love baking powder biscuits (!), so I'll heed your wisdom. That may explain why sometimes I go forever with no problems, then I run into a bad spell all of a sudden...

We use the aluminum free baking powder. There are many pickles that don't list alum. Since ALUM is GRAS. it only has to be listed above two percent by weight. Alum is very light in it's powder form. Once you identify the taste of Alum, you can taste it in things. A small amount is not a problem for my granddaughter, she would eat a cup of pickles at a setting though. That was too much. She can actually tell the difference eating one big dill pickle now that she was made aware that it effects the asthma. She kept denying it was real till she found out that what I asked her to try to evaluate actually made a difference. It did. I feel a lot better now, she hardly has any asthma attacks anymore. When Ragweed season is out, she just avoids eating cantalope and it seems to help a little with that part. The ragweed allergy isn't bad if you control the cytokine reaction which leads to asthma attacks.

This information may not apply to all people, but I am sure it might help some people.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Whew -- and thank you! I don't have to give up my biscuits!!! I just ran out of baking powder... I'll look for the aluminum-free. I'm hoping Sprouts has it.

I'm glad you were able to help your granddaughter. It's so damn hard to see our kids suffer. Now you both can feel better

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The CDC owns patents for vaccines which they developed, the same as any other entity does. The money made from these patents goes to research, developing new vaccines and preventing and treating disease in the United States. This money lessens the need for more tax money going to the CDC. What's the problem?

edit on 21-2-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Whew -- and thank you! I don't have to give up my biscuits!!! I just ran out of baking powder... I'll look for the aluminum-free. I'm hoping Sprouts has it.

I'm glad you were able to help your granddaughter. It's so damn hard to see our kids suffer. Now you both can feel better

She moved here again and I started doing research. My daughter liked the taste of the pickles with Alum in them and was buying store bought bisquits which have the aluminum in most of them all the time. She was making my granddaughter really sick along with all her kids. After she quit using stuff with aluminum in it,including baking powder, her kids missed way less school. But evidently now she forgot about checking things, the kids immune systems are over reacting again, she forgot in one year. The other kids don't have asthma but aluminum triggers the body to fight, it is a neuroexitant and toxin. I shouldn't have to remind her all the time. The thing is, they buy prepared foods a lot and the foods from restaurants do not have to stipulate what they have in them. I looked at the restaurant supply store and the only baking powder they carry is the aluminum kind. It is a little cheaper.

Alum has been used as an immune system stimulant for hundreds of years.if I remember right.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: KEACHI

The CDC owns patents for vaccines which they developed, the same as any other entity does.

Technically, no. The patents are "owned" by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and they own patents for ingredients/processes used in patents -- but not any patents for whole vaccines, and "any other entity" is not necessarily equal to a government entity.

The money made from these patents go to research, developing new vaccines and preventing and treating disease in the United States. This money lessens the need for more tax money going to the CDC.

Apparently, yes.

What's the problem?

I'm not sure there is a problem... still trying to figure that out. I do now understand some practical and beneficial reasons for a government entity owning patents (which was my hopeful purpose for the OP). But, of course, I also understand there is always room for abuse.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Not sure how y'all got on baking powder, but we use Rumford aluminum-free baking powder. It's actually the most widely bought and sold baking powder in the states. If your worried about aluminum, check on your deodorant. 90% have aluminum and it passes into the bloodstream easily.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Not sure how y'all got on baking powder, but we use Rumford aluminum-free baking powder.

Thank you! I just googled it and found it at WalMart, so I know what I'm looking for now.

If your worried about aluminum, check on your deodorant. 90% have aluminum and it passes into the bloodstream easily.

I've read that before and I switched to a non-alum deodorant years ago. If I remember right, it's even worse than drinking soda out of aluminum cans because it goes straight to the bloodstream and bypasses our body's filters.
edit on 21-2-2017 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

True. Also. You get no aluminum from aluminum cans of soda or beer in the states because of a lining which is applied. There is BPA in this lining, but BPA will only leach from a product if used multiple, multiple times. Drink up my friend, love me some canned beer!
edit on 21-2-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The CDC owns patents for vaccines which they developed, the same as any other entity does. The money made from these patents goes to research, developing new vaccines and preventing and treating disease in the United States. This money lessens the need for more tax money going to the CDC. What's the problem?

Also, the CDC is closely affiliated with Emory University specifically the Rollins School of Public Health. Emory owns many patents on medications and such. It's not really out of the ordinary at all for research institutions.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Not sure how y'all got on baking powder, but we use Rumford aluminum-free baking powder. It's actually the most widely bought and sold baking powder in the states. If your worried about aluminum, check on your deodorant. 90% have aluminum and it passes into the bloodstream easily.

Our bodies can take care of a small amount of aluminum easily. But some people are better at detoxing it than others and some people have to make sure not to have too much. So about ten to twenty percent of people need to watch their use of it a lot more than the people who can excrete it better. Too much aluminum will hurt everyone though. It is easy for this to happen if you like these products that contain it.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

True. Also. You get no aluminum from aluminum cans of soda or beer in the states because of a lining which is applied. There is BPA in this lining, but BPA will only leach from a product if used multiple, multiple times. Drink up my friend, love me some canned beer!

The lined aluminum cans don't usually pose a problem with adding aluminum like you said. The lining takes a while to deteriorate, now they have Best By dates on them and if you use them before too long after that date the endocrine disrupting effect of the lining shouldn't be an issue. We always write the date on our cans in the pantry we rotate, this helps to keep us from getting problems from the can lining. There are three bad chemicals in the plastic, the BPA is the one they want us to focus on though, they want us to see only that one.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Good to see you Gryph!

Also, the CDC is closely affiliated with Emory University specifically the Rollins School of Public Health. Emory owns many patents on medications and such. It's not really out of the ordinary at all for research institutions.

I did know about the research and patents of universities and such, and the government partnerships, which I always considered a win-win situation... but I think that was causing a big part of my disconnect too! I see the benefit for us in partnering with an established research facility for technology that benefits us all, and granting the patent rights to those doing the work is fair enough (though it'd be nice if there were also allowances for keeping it affordable to the masses...) Research costs money, and patents would help keep them going, covering operating costs, and maybe even helping keep tuition costs down.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Because I get tired of explaining things to people who doon't know and make assumptions that automatically jump to the very worst conclusions time and again.

So much of the anti-vaccine crap is rooted in an ignorance afforded by the very protections those same vaccines anti-vaxxers hate have bought for them.

Sure, it's easy ti malign a vaccine for the rare reactions that happen when you no longer live with the rampant disease that no longer exists because vaccines keep them in check.

But those diseases are not gone. Polio is still endemic in pasts of the world and it wouldn't take much to bring it back.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Some of the vaccines are also effective but due to side effects or other things are only available on an experimental basis which means they are only given to military of people who work directly with the organisms that cause the disease. There are those who work where my husband does who have to go to Maryland and receive an experimental encephalitis vaccine, for example. Husband almost had to get that one.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Well, it might be "old news", but I hadn't heard of this before! Talk about a conflict of interest! All of those claiming there are no concerns, because the CDC says so, better rethink that. They have skin in the game.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Well...if the CDC were hypothetically under the control of some hypothetical shadow government hypothetically operating within our borders, and they wanted to have total control over the fate of a given population, having their own vaccine patents would certainly help them avoid any pesky red tape or delays in production. I mean...they're the ones who have the viruses, right? And they write all the protocol. They control it all. Release a little Ebola and then magically have a breakthrough vaccine ready to go? No problem.

And when people get scared, as they typically do when a killer virus gets too close to home and a magical and abundant vaccine is there to make it all go away, why...they just hop right out and it's shots in the arm and ice cream for all. That sounds lovely and safe, until you discover that...hypothetically of course...it is ridiculously simple for vaccines to be used as a delivery system for all kinds of things. And in such a scenario, they'd want to keep everything confined to the same hub. Ease of access, backup redundancies, everything under tight control.

Funny how people will freak the hell out over the idea of being surveilled by the government via hidden cameras and drones...yet those same people will jump right in line to get a foreign substance injected into their bodies and those of their children, just like livestock, no questions asked. Instant protection, safe as houses. That's what the CDC is selling, and people just can't wait to buy it. Madness.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
it is ridiculously simple for vaccines to be used as a delivery system for all kinds of things. And in such a scenario, they'd want to keep everything confined to the same hub. Ease of access, backup redundancies, everything under tight control.

Like what, exactly?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Well...if the CDC were hypothetically under the control of some hypothetical shadow government hypothetically operating within our borders, and they wanted to have total control over the fate of a given population, having their own vaccine patents would certainly help them avoid any pesky red tape or delays in production. I mean...they're the ones who have the viruses, right? And they write all the protocol. They control it all. Release a little Ebola and then magically have a breakthrough vaccine ready to go? No problem.

And when people get scared, as they typically do when a killer virus gets too close to home and a magical and abundant vaccine is there to make it all go away, why...they just hop right out and it's shots in the arm and ice cream for all. That sounds lovely and safe, until you discover that...hypothetically of course...it is ridiculously simple for vaccines to be used as a delivery system for all kinds of things. And in such a scenario, they'd want to keep everything confined to the same hub. Ease of access, backup redundancies, everything under tight control.

Funny how people will freak the hell out over the idea of being surveilled by the government via hidden cameras and drones...yet those same people will jump right in line to get a foreign substance injected into their bodies and those of their children, just like livestock, no questions asked. Instant protection, safe as houses. That's what the CDC is selling, and people just can't wait to buy it. Madness.

The CDC only has jurisdiction in the US of A.
How does that pan out globally?

EDIT: (And if that's you on your avatar, you have a tattoo..."yet those same people will jump right in line to get a foreign substance injected into their bodies"
edit on 24/2/17 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Because I get tired of explaining things to people who doon't know and make assumptions that automatically jump to the very worst conclusions time and again.

Fair enough, and thank you for taking the time to respond. But I wasn't doing that. I clearly stated that I didn't see the conflict of interest inferred in the article (without explanation of how it was a conflict of interest), but neither did I understand the reason for a government agency holding patents. So I was asking -- not making statements of fact.

Which is the best opportunity to inform and educate and discuss... not play foot soldier for the PTB in the divide-and-conquer battles by attacking the querent.

So much of the anti-vaccine crap is rooted in an ignorance afforded by the very protections those same vaccines anti-vaxxers hate have bought for them.

I never addressed the efficacy and/or safety of vaccines.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Well, it might be "old news", but I hadn't heard of this before! Talk about a conflict of interest! All of those claiming there are no concerns, because the CDC says so, better rethink that. They have skin in the game.

So glad I'm not the only one!

While I can now see a practical purpose for some patents, like you I also see much room for abuse,unintended consequences, and/or just inefficiency. We've created a monster, and it needs to change.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join