It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My New Baby! (Zx6r SuperSport)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I finally decided my Ninja 300 was a little underwhelming for myself so i decided to trade it in (Got more back than we paid for it) for my almost showroom new 2007 ZX6r which had only 300 original miles on it!

Couldn't be more happy right now

edit on 17-2-2017 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Fun bike, lot of shifting to keep it in the power band. But to some of us that's part of the fun, you can really toss it in the turns. Stay safe, watch the cagers, there not your friends

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Nice.

I'm either getting the new Triumph Bobber this spring or a BMW s1000xr or a Duc Multistrada. Yeah, I know opposite ends of spectrum. The hipster in me wants the bobber, but the Sport Adventure bikes would be better for longer rides out the countryside.

Decisions, decisions...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Ummm...nice...almost as nice as my ZX12R unlimited...

Now all you need to do is change out some of that plastic for some carbon fiber...

I'll post some pics of my ZX12R in the spring after it comes out of storage...(winter)

Cool also about the mileage...I've got a 1980 Honda CB 900 custom with only 4000 miles on it...it still looks new...I'll post some pics of that as well...along with the 1984 Honda VF1000F Interceptor...(with the gear driven cam 1985 VF1000R engine)

Yes...I am a bike fanatic...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Neat bike and a nice color!

They've come a long way. I had the very first year 1985 ZX600 Ninja back in the day and loved it!

I've had a lot of bikes and have over 210,000 miles on the street under my belt. Sold all the big ones off and all I have left is a pristine vintage/classic 900 Ninja former race bike that was re-kitted for the road.

Good luck with your new baby and keep the shiny side up!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Naked plastic? Did you suit that up or did you buy it that way?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

You magnificent bastard.

I've been missing my 929RR, but I REALLY want a ZX12R.

In fact, the guy that got me into wanting a 12 was the guy that also told me about this site.

Is that you Rippn?
edit on 17-2-2017 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Nice former skidmark.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

Nice former skidmark.

Former skid mark?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

That's just how i bought it. Left me scratching my head as to why it doesn't have the decals on it. It's just a mystery I'll never know

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

That's just how i bought it. Left me scratching my head as to why it doesn't have the decals on it. It's just a mystery I'll never know

Mystery, my ass. That thing ate pavement.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

Mystery, my ass. That thing ate pavement.

Unless they rebuilt the bike from the ground up there isn't a blemish on the entire bike which would probably result in a salvage title. But thanks for the great assumption.

I've scoured the bike for ANY imperfections that would mean that there was a crash and there is none. The frame is flawless the tires are original and haven't even gone past the center 4 inches as the rest of the tire had 0% wear if the bike had gone down there would at least be a scuff on the tire.

I think you're just salty
edit on 17-2-2017 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

Ummm...no...the only Rippn I know is...up the pavement...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Reminder......
Even in BTS, members must post in a civil manner.....please remember...You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Sat Feb 18 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Nice! I had a ZX6R J2 myself a few years back - was an excellent bike. In fact out of all the bikes I've had it's the one that I felt truly at one with, if you excuse the cheesiness!

Saved my neck a few times too - responded so well managed to do a full 90 degree stoppee in the middle of the motorway once when someone pullled out in front of me. The fact I had the confidence to do so shows how much trust I had in that bike.

Just got a CB1000R last week - another awesome bike!

Have fun and ride safe!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I remember growing up riding dirt bikes,and getting all beat up riding in the dirt,bikes top end about 70,now they are making bikes that go over 200 mph for street use,sad to say me and my son have had friends die from high speed crashes on bikes,I never liked riding on the street,my brother,he has about 25 Harleys all but 3 are vintage collectors,but he know is driving a Porsche ,too scary these days,and when you get old you dont always heal

top topics

join