It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump vs Jim Acosta

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

That's what I was saying as well, I think you just said it better than I.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: underwerks

At this point, I don't believe anything would convince you of anything other than "he's lying". No itinerary, no list of names would do it for you, nadda. It's already in your head that he's a liar, that's why you can deflect and say things like "there's nothing solid here".

It's a lost cause.

Why don't you make that thread you were talking about listing his accomplishments up to this point?

Show me I'm wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

My prior post already explained that.

At this point, I don't believe anything would convince you of anything other than "he's lying". No itinerary, no list of names would do it for you, nadda. It's already in your head that he's a liar, that's why you can deflect and say things like "there's nothing solid here". It's a lost cause.

I could make a thread 100 pages, detailing every single bullet point discussing the pres conference and it still wouldn't matter.

That, and it's not up to me to think FOR you. It's your job to practice objectionism and rational thought, rather than emotional hysteria, not mine.

edit on 16-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

My prior post already explained that.

At this point, I don't believe anything would convince you of anything other than "he's lying". No itinerary, no list of names would do it for you, nadda. It's already in your head that he's a liar, that's why you can deflect and say things like "there's nothing solid here". It's a lost cause.

I could make a thread 100 pages, detailing every single bullet point discussing the pres conference and it still wouldn't matter.

That, and it's not up to me to think FOR you. It's your job to practice objectionism and rational thought, rather than emotional hysteria, not mine.

Where have I acted emotional in anything? I base what I think of Trump off of hard facts.

If I was emotional about my perception of Trump I'd accept whatever he says at face value without looking at anything else.

That's not me here.

edit on 16-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I won't go outside the realm of this thread, but we can start with a couple things.

Preconceived notions such as this -

Couldn't be as simple as a politician standing at a podium and lying.

Leading to emotional diatribe such as this -

His lies and falsehoods outnumber and overshadow the few actual ideas he puts forth. Every time. If he wanted the media to write about something else, it seems he'd give them something else to write about.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I won't go outside the realm of this thread, but we can start with a couple things.

Preconceived notions such as this -

Couldn't be as simple as a politician standing at a podium and lying.

Leading to emotional diatribe such as this -

His lies and falsehoods outnumber and overshadow the few actual ideas he puts forth. Every time. If he wanted the media to write about something else, it seems he'd give them something else to write about.

Why do you take that as me being emotional? That's facts. The way the president holds court with the media determines how they report on him. That goes for any leader, of anything.

Misinterpreting my statements to fit your preconceived bias doesn't make you correct.

Quite the opposite.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

What I'm really interested in, is why do you believe Trump wouldn't lie to you? When he lies constantly?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Those were your words.

Speaking of creating threads... Maybe you should start your own thread on the "facts" you base your emotional diatribe on.

Here's a fact. You would meet plenty of opposition refuting those "facts" of yours. The "facts" being presented in the media and most likely in your own mind are mostly false or twisted words used to meet a specific agenda. I would only assume you would present the very same "facts".

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Wookiep

What I'm really interested in, is why do you believe Trump wouldn't lie to you? When he lies constantly?

Because I don't believe he lies constantly as you do. I believe most of the things, at least the critical things being negatively thrown around about Trump are severely false and mis-representative of the POTUS.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Those were your words.

Speaking of creating threads... Maybe you should start your own thread on the "facts" you base your emotional diatribe on.

Here's a fact. I bet you would meet plenty of opposition refuting those "facts" of yours. The "facts" being presented in the media and most likely in your own mind are mostly false or twisted words used to meet a specific agenda. I would only assume you would present the very same "facts".

Lol. I've made plenty of threads talking about Trump. More than any other topic actually. And I've met plenty of opposition.

Going with the crowd doesn't make you right either, just a follower.

I know it makes you feel comfortable to think everyone else are misguided sheep, but by thinking that you're only doing yourself a disservice, and diving head first into everything you admonish what you see as the "other" side for. That's the reality.

You can view it through the partisan glasses of your choice, have at it. You surely aren't alone.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Oh believe me. I know half the country hates Trump, that hardly makes me a "follower" of anything. The difference is, the mass media being broadcast to millions of mis-led individuals is causing all of this hysteria with their fabricated stories.

Once that FACT starts to become recognized by the nation as a whole, we will begin to have actual meaningful conversations.

Thanks for the discussion. We actually have kinda now veered off topic (Although I do think it's all related). I'll catch you on the boards. If you create a thread based on the "facts" you have, let me know and perhaps there just might be something I can contribute to it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Oh believe me. I know half the country hates Trump, that hardly makes me a "follower" of anything. The difference is, the mass media being broadcast to millions of mis-led individuals is causing all of this hysteria with their fabricated stories.

Once that FACT starts to become recognized by the nation as a whole, we will begin to have actual meaningful conversations.

Thanks for the discussion. We actually have kinda now veered off topic (Although I do think it's all related). I'll catch you on the boards. If you create a thread based on the "facts" you have, let me know and perhaps there just might be something I can add to it.

That isn't a fact though. That's only your perception. While a little off topic, it still loops back around into it.

You're giving the media too much credit in all this. You realize most people aren't little sponges that just blindly follow whatever they're shown, right?

I don't listen to what the media says about Trump, I listen to the words that come out of his mouth. That's what my view is based on.

What is yours based on?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I don't listen to what the media says about Trump, I listen to the words that come out of his mouth. That's what my view is based on.

What is yours based on?

Same thing. His words. I just don't bother with his "mannerisms" that have so many people offended. I give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves to me that he doesn't stand by his word. So far, he's DONE exactly what he said he would do. I don't even agree with him on some issues, but he's DOING them. No, I don't see him as a liar.

You think the media doesn't matter much, but I do. They don't matter to ME, but they sure as Hell do matter to millions of others. Social media is the main source of news, narratives, opinions, and it ALL leads back to the MSM. Even if someone says "I don't watch the MSM", at some point, their news even if solely social media driven goes straight back to the mainstream news. Yes, people are spongy as Hell. They absorb EVERYTHING.

If you aren't listening to the media, or buying the emotionally driven narrative that is being pushed, then I don't know what your problem is. I can't fix that for you. Especially if the ONLY thing you form your opinion on, is the words of Donald Trump. Is it his words in context? Just brainstorming here. Or maybe you get too offended over things. I find it hard to believe your digging as being anything less than anti Trump bias digging. But I'm willing to give even you the benefit of the doubt.

We are ONE month into this, and yet there is so much hysteria going on. Riots much? The man has not done anything to warrant the type of reaction he is getting. Nor the treatment he has received in the media.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Same thing. His words. I just don't bother with his "mannerisms" that have so many people offended. I give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves to me that he doesn't stand by his word. So far, he's DONE exactly what he said he would do. I don't even agree with him on some issues, but he's DOING them. No, I don't see him as a liar.

You think the media doesn't matter much, but I do. They don't matter to ME, but they sure as Hell do matter to millions of others. Social media is the main source of news, narratives, opinions, and it ALL leads back to the MSM. Even if someone says "I don't watch the MSM", at some point, their news even if solely social media driven goes straight back to the mainstream news. Yes, people are spongy as Hell. They absorb EVERYTHING.

If you aren't listening to the media, or buying the emotionally driven narrative that is being pushed, then I don't know what your problem is. I can't fix that for you. Especially if the ONLY thing you form your opinion on, is the words of Donald Trump. Is it his words in context? Just brainstorming here. Or maybe you get too offended over things. I find it hard to believe your digging as being anything less than anti Trump Bias digging. But I'm willing to give even you the benefit of the doubt.

We are ONE month into this, and yet there is so much hysteria going on. Riots much? The man has not done anything to warrant the type of reaction he is getting. Nor the treatment he has received in the media.

Can't say Trump has ever done anything to offend me at all. My issue is the half truths and lies, constantly.

What makes you special where the media doesn't effect what you believe?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

First, I'm not "special".

Second. I watched Ron Paul in 2012. To most here, that's enough said. For you, I'll elaborate a little.

The media doesn't affect what I believe about ANYTHING politically. They are elitist LIARS, (owned by defense contractors) because I have first-hand witnessed it for many, many years.

If you look WAY back here on ATS and from my post history, you'll find yourself within a very deep rabbit hole.

edit on 16-2-2017 by Wookiep because: Underwerks

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The media doesn't affect what I believe about ANYTHING other than they are elitist LIARS, because I have first-hand witnessed it for many, many years.

So the media DOES affect what you believe.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The media doesn't affect what I believe about ANYTHING other than they are elitist LIARS, because I have first-hand witnessed it for many, many years.

So the media DOES affect what you believe.

I thought I succinctly explained that no, they don't. Since you're having trouble understanding what I am saying, I'll edit my post since the "other than" part has you in a twist. Hold on.

Then go read my sig link and have fun!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join