It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grammy Awards: A Pro-Trump Statement on the Red Carpet-Dress Says "Make America Great Again"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: underwerks

How so?

We're talking about Joy Villa (you spelled her name wrong in the OP) and she's known for trolling the red carpet at the Grammy's every year with an outrageous dress. Her new album she's promoting is called "I make the static". (Which she tweeted right after this story broke)

Obvious troll is obvious troll.

And to the other poster, it doesn't look like its me that can't separate their politics from reality.

edit on 12-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I don't like slogans or plastic bananas.

In my humble opinion, that will accomplish very little other than selling foreign made shirts, hats and thong undies.

(post by muSSang removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I thought trolls said negative things. So is this a negative thing?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Fortunately there's massive security at this event.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
The lunatic left will not like this.

They will not like it at all.

As a card carrying member of the so-called "lunatic left", may I just say,

I love it.

But then I'm well enough educated to appreciate a potentially satirical statement.
edit on 12-2-2017 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

link   
Double post
edit on 12-2-2017 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

link   

Its a making fun of Trump thing, yes. Go back and look at her dresses on previous Grammy red carpets, and how crazy they are.

So this year, how does she top the insane things she's wore in the past? A conservative-cut dress made out of a Trump banner, designed by an immigrant.

Seriously. This is troll level 12. And all the media is falling for it. I give her props.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Its a making fun of Trump thing, yes. Go back and look at her dresses on previous Grammy red carpets, and how crazy they are.

So this year, how does she top the insane things she's wore in the past? A conservative-cut dress made out of a Trump banner, designed by an immigrant.

Seriously. This is troll level 12. And all the media is falling for it. I give her props.

Really ok you go out and wear a Trump hat and say your trolling.

Bing bing bong.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yeah, we need to show support for Chinese manufacturing!

Make Chinese Factories Great Again!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Apparently very few are seeing the subtleties that you are seeing coz she's catching hell from the 'tolerant' side of the aisle.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: seasonal

I am glad that there is still the freedom of expression in the make believe world of entertainers.

Funny you never say that when they are speaking out against Trump. I will give miss nobody credit for thinking of a way to get people to notice her.

Indeed, seems like a good PR stunt to get noticed and some media attention.

I have a feeling only Trump's people will be talking about this, as the progressives have other things to busy themselves with.

Of course the Trump followers will try and spin this...and make it sound like progressives/liberals are "freaking out! ZOMG!" ... when, in fact, they won't. It's an old tactic, point fingers and make your opponent look hysterical when they're not.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Apparently very few are seeing the subtleties that you are seeing coz she's catching hell from the 'tolerant' side of the aisle.

I'm sure she is, that's the point. She tweeted her new album right after this story broke.

As I said, a trolling from someone who trolls the Grammy's every year. She's more famous for that than her music.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

The far left is a meat grinder that she will have to contend with.

I can guarantee in 2 weeks as she cradles her head in her hands, she will want to have not worn that dress.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Interestingly enough, that dress was made by a pro Trump immigrant as well....go figure!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: buster2010

I am glad that there is still the freedom of expression in the make believe world of entertainers.

Funny you never say that when they are speaking out against Trump. I will give miss nobody credit for thinking of a way to get people to notice her.

Indeed, seems like a good PR stunt to get noticed and some media attention.

I have a feeling only Trump's people will be talking about this, as the progressives have other things to busy themselves with.

Of course the Trump followers will try and spin this...and make it sound like progressives/liberals are "freaking out! ZOMG!" ... when, in fact, they won't. It's an old tactic, point fingers and make your opponent look hysterical when they're not.

I hope Trump does retweet this. It'll make it even funnier when she makes a statement about it.

ETA: Then again, maybe she won't make a statement about it. I'm thinking out loud here, but imagine the new market share she'd get by being one of the only artists in Hollywood to publicly support Trump.

I bet people here are already looking up her music to see who she is. I'm interested in who her publicist is lol.
edit on 12-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

You have to look pretty when what you're "selling" isn't that appealing.

Ratings always go up when you put a pretty face on a TV show.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Damn!
Them Dems sure are a whole lot of ugly.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible

Yeah, we need to show support for Chinese manufacturing!

Make Chinese Factories Great Again!

Mr"Sensible" - FYI, my local postal annex is run out of a small shop. This small shop is stocked with Make America Great Again clothing, hats, knick-knacks...made by the owner.

No reason to question what you've been hammered over the head with...

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

I'm sure she is, that's the point. She tweeted her new album right after this story broke.

As I said, a trolling from someone who trolls the Grammy's every year. She's more famous for that than her music.

You may be right. I don't really know. I just think that is a pretty dangerous roll of the dice in this political climate. Major companies have been losing big time because of political statements that ended up alienating a portion of their customers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join