It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reefer Madness’ Greatest Hits: The Attorney General Sessions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Not a lot to discuss on this one, but all the
gold hits can be found on the page itself.

Madness

Remember the Eighties? Rubik’s Cubes and checkered Vans? New Wave and Hair Metal? President Reagan saying, “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall?”

Well, now that we’re building our own wall, it’s time to grab those skinny ties out of the back of your closet, because the Eighties are back, baby! And if you’re into smoking grass, then we’ve got the Eighties-style drug war rhetoric in a new party album that you’ve got to have!

Hi, I’m “Radical” Russ Belville from RussCo Records with an announcement that’s awesome and totally gnarly. Y’know, as a pot smoker myself, I grew up with some of the most tubular drug war rhetoric ever recorded. Our generation knew some of the greatest artists in prohibition ever—Bill “Snake Eyes” Bennett, Robert “Piss Test Profits” DuPont and the great John “Marijuana Unicorns” Walters.

Yes, it’s all the greatest hits from the decade that brought you crack babies, mandatory minimum sentencing, the D.A.R.E. program, McGruff the Crime Dog and Nancy Reagan showing up on sitcoms to tell us all to “Just Say No,” performed by a former attorney general for the state of Alabama who was deemed too racist for the federal bench in 1986.

Thanks to this special electoral offer, you get to enjoy these 15 reefer madness hits from the 1980s for the next four years, at least! But that’s not all!

Cont'd.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I thought sessions said during the hearing that he would enforce the laws on the books and if Congress wants to legalize Mj he won't stop them.

fortune.com...

edit on 12-2-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Hard to say, I can't make out half of that crap right now.

I have seen the light, my sound is healed!
edit on 12-2-2017 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

.....this is your brain on drugs. The real drug wars began when President Dick Nixon decided to make pot a Schedule I drug like heroin. Nixon was always an a**hole and it was his way of getting back at the counter-culture and almost 50 years later we have the mess that is the "war on drugs" and the billions of taxpayer dollars down a rat hole.

I suspect "Tricky Dick" was just trying to clear the field of amateurs for the CIA....

edit on 12-2-2017 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
[double post
edit on 12-2-2017 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Pretty clear message from sessions during the hearings tho.

"Using good judgment on how to handle these cases will be a responsibility of mine. I know it won't be an easy decision but I will try to do my duty in a fair and just way," Sessions acknowledged.

Then he added: "One obvious concern is the United States Congress has made the possession in every state and distribution an illegal act. If that's something that's not desired any longer Congress should pass a law to change the rule. It is not the Attorney General's job to decide what laws to enforce."

thehill.com...

Congress just needs to make it legal.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

"Using good judgment on how to handle these cases will be a responsibility of mine. I know it won't be an easy decision but I will try to do my duty in a fair and just way," Sessions acknowledged.

Then he added: "One obvious concern is the United States Congress has made the possession in every state and distribution an illegal act. If that's something that's not desired any longer Congress should pass a law to change the rule. It is not the Attorney General's job to decide what laws to enforce."

thehill.com...

It seems quite clear that he intends to enforce set federal laws. One cannot fault him directly, that IS his job. Americans who want to see the end of this war on drugs cannot expect him to look the other way. More pressure must be put on the real lawmakers aka the Legislative Branch to correct this unjust law. Get angry at them, not Sessions nor even Trump.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Once our southern border is walled and secured, I think that will be the right time to do it.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Exactly how it went down, I have heard Sessions say he will leave it to the states. I'm sure some of the 3 letter agencies will fight that.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Yeah worst president ever
I heard the reason Cannabis was made illegal was because of the Mexicans and the gov couldnt tax them for it, patent issues perhaps.
edit on 12-2-2017 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

thehill.com...

Sessions comments only seem reasonable to people who have no idea about drug laws and the DEA.

It's illegal for the head of DEA to even talk about or consider legalizing anything that's already been scheduled (as I've linked on ATS more than once).

Without the majority of laws in this country being completely rewritten there is no way cannabis will ever be made federally legal. Sessions knows this, he just makes those comments so he doesn't look like the bad guy to uninformed people.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It could still progress like it's happening now..legal within the state, don't bring it across state lines though..then it's a federal beef.
I don't see a change Federally.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Or maybe the greatest hits untold? How the hell was this not taught to us in health class... an entire freaking system in the body???

It's just clear as day, to even feds, that the medical benefits being prohibited is pretty much a crime against humanity.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

.....this is your brain on drugs. The real drug wars began when President Dick Nixon decided to make pot a Schedule I drug like heroin. Nixon was always an a**hole and it was his way of getting back at the counter-culture and almost 50 years later we have the mess that is the "war on drugs" and the billions of taxpayer dollars down a rat hole.

I suspect "Tricky Dick" was just trying to clear the field of amateurs for the CIA....

Suckers, I mean citizens believed in endless war then just like today. The war on drugs is a holdover from the campaign slogans of the past. War on poverty, war on crime and yes the war on drugs. Nothings changed.

Like endless debt and endless war, these are business backed enterprises, they are unwinnable on purpose, by design.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Remember the Eighties?

Yep.

Well, now that we’re building our own wall,

The difference is that wall was destigned to keep people in.

The Wall on the Southern Border is to keep people and OTHER things out.

Having said that.

Ode to the 80s.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
The best anyone can hope for under Sessions is that things stay the same as they are right now. He did say he'd correct the mistakes the Obama admin made in enforcing cannabis laws, so you can take that to mean what you want. Coming from Sessions, I know what that means to me.
edit on 12-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Good video bro

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

My best guess is that the more aggressive Sessions is on enforcement, the more pressure people will put on Congress to legalize it. I think that Sessions knows this, and will probably focus his efforts on states where it remains illegal.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
For everyone who says, "Oh, well they should just federally legalize it like Sessions says."

By law, the drug czar must oppose any attempt to legalize the use (in any form) of illicit drugs.[12] According to the "Office of National Drug Control Policy Reauthorization Act of 1998"[13] the director of the ONDCP (12) shall ensure that no Federal funds appropriated to the Office of National Drug Control Policy shall be expended for any study or contract relating to the legalization (for a medical use or any other use) of a substance listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812) and take such actions as necessary to oppose any attempt to legalize the use of a substance (in any form) that -- 1. is listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812); and 2. has not been approved for use for medical purposes by the Food and Drug Administration;

en.m.wikipedia.org...

It's ILLEGAL and against the oath the head of the DEA took to even consider legalizing a substance that's already been scheduled. No matter the benefits. Now, the question is, is this just Sessions being ignorant of the law and how it works? Or, does Sessions know good and well what the law is but chooses to feign innocence through the whole, "Well, it's not on me, if they want it legal, they should make it federally legal." type of attitude?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill

My best guess is that the more aggressive Sessions is on enforcement, the more pressure people will put on Congress to legalize it. I think that Sessions knows this, and will probably focus his efforts on states where it remains illegal.

Currently, there are 3-4 congressional laws that may effectively ease up on any federal actions against states medical marijuana conflicts in action 'forwarded and pending hearing with the judiciary committee and or subcommittee.'

They naturally seem to be on the back burner due to pressure on hearings regarding new immigration, religious liberty, and healthcare reform laws being pushed ahead due to the current media/public/politic scrutiny.

So yes, processing laws can be a slow process, but can be done. The 3 letter agencies simply enforce laws, they do not change them.

Edit add: a reply to: underwerks
Just realized my reply may be more aptly directed to your last post.
edit on 2 12 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join