It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Today / ACLU tell illegals what to do if ICE comes knocking

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Meh, they're only off by 2. Fake news?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Nah, just crappy editing.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

please tell me whaat rights an illegal invader to our sovereign nation has and if they do what fool congress gave them these rights?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

It becomes one if you fail to pay or have too many offenses.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I wouldn't worry about it since the pamphlet is written in English…

Illegals often spend their entire lives in Texas never bothering with learning the language of the land…

-Chris

What do you consider would be the language of the land when Texas was formerly a part of Mexico, founded by Spain? And not all Spanish speakers in Texas are illegals!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: tribal
i have no problem with this. People should know their rights, especially if they are here illegally. I have no idea what kinds of people are being "rounded up", but i certainly hope its not moms and dads just going about their business. If Trump wants to lose a lot of potential supporters i cant think of many better ways to do it than targeting otherwise law abiding people.

So if somebody broke into your house and began living there against your will, you would be cool and want them to know their rights?

Have any examples of illegals barging in and physically kicking people out of their homes? I haven't seen anything like that on the news...? I think you have the Gaza Strip/West Bank confused with this or something?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
No, well people convicted of summary offences are not considered "law breakers".

So you know how it works, at the Mexican border it's just a big 1- way turnstile for pedestrians, like for a subway, and they are unmonitored. Anyway carrying anything can walk across into Mexico, so it's not really possible for an American to enter illegally unless they were otherwise already banned. If they were, going into their jurisdiction would be pretty dumb.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

well this woman wasn't home,from last year in New Jersey.

The men's presence in the home was discovered Sunday night after police arrested Carlos Rosales-Campos, 18, on armed robbery charges, police said. After the arrest, police determined Rosales-Campos - who police said is in the country illegally from El Salvador - had been squatting on the first floor of the home. On the third floor, police found: Rosalio Valencia-Hernandez, 49, of Englewood Rene Contreras-Ixtla, 39, of Englewood Evaristo Chavez, 34, of Teaneck Oswaldo Meneses-Arango, 47, of Englewood Valencia-Hernandez, Contreras-Ixtla and Chavez are in the United States illegally from Mexico, police said. Meneses-Arango is a permanent United States resident from Colombia, they said.
'Urine, feces everywhere' as 5 men are found squatting in soldier's home, cops say

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed
It becomes one if you fail to pay or have too many offenses.

Which is not the same as getting a typical speeding or parking ticket.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
please tell me whaat rights an illegal invader to our sovereign nation has and if they do what fool congress gave them these rights?

Due process and that would have been the Founding Fathers.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Seems to me they left out the 2 most important pieces of information. First being run and second being trip the guy behind you it buys you time.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
What's really sad is they are trying to make things that were in the works for months seem like it's evil Trump rounding up innocent illegals. Let's be real if they respected the laws and wanted to be citizens they wouldn't have ICE at there door.
edit on 2/13/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Seems to me they left out the 2 most important pieces of information. First being run and second being trip the guy behind you it buys you time.

I don't have to outrun ICE, only Jose.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Illegals have rights?
They do. And should. They just have no right to stay in America.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

And after due process, when it's proven they are here illegally, the right to get shipped out.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
And after due process, when it's proven they are here illegally, the right to get shipped out.

Of course, that's how the system is supposed to function. Everyone gets due process.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The problem is the D party having a lot of people who support illegals stay after due process, thus thwarting the law.

I agree in both, due process, and then shipped out. With catastrophic repercussions if they come back illegally.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The problem is the D party having a lot of people who support illegals stay after due process, thus thwarting the law.

I agree in both, due process, and then shipped out. With catastrophic repercussions if they come back illegally.

The logic part of me has a problem. People want to claim illegals have rights. But by the nature of there act they gave up those rights. If they applied for a visa was accepted they are granted the rights of most citizens. Refusing to follow the rules means they can't be afforded those protections.

Look at this way you get off work one day you get home there is a guy sitting in your living room watching tv. He informs you he illegal entered by the back door then demands you make diner it's getting late. In a same world we call the cops they come and take him away and you order carry out.

In today's world you call the cops only to have them inform you that we'll he hasn't broken any laws other than of course illegally entering your residence. You ask if there going to remove him they day they can't because there isn't a law against sitting g in a chair. You scream this is my house he's trespassing. They say they can't arrest him just for being undocumented.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

There are inalienable rights of all people. Those apply. The right to be in the USA is not part of them.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
i have no problem with this. People should know their rights, especially if they are here illegally. I have no idea what kinds of people are being "rounded up", but i certainly hope its not moms and dads just going about their business. If Trump wants to lose a lot of potential supporters i cant think of many better ways to do it than targeting otherwise law abiding people.

But they aren't law abiding people. They entered the country illegally and continue "squatting" in the country. By definition, they are criminals and have been evading justice since they arrived.

That is the bottom line. Crime must be punished and no criminal should benefit from their crime. Therefore, these individuals must at least loose what they stole (invading our country illegally) and probably be fined (maybe billed for the services they illegally used like roads, benefits, etc.).

That is fair and lawful. It simply "undoes" the crime.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join