It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Today / ACLU tell illegals what to do if ICE comes knocking

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: redoubt
Anyone who breaks any law, is, basically, a criminal. It can be something simple... like failing to pay a parking ticket or exceeding the speed limit.

Vehicular offenses like speeding and parking are not criminal offenses.

Exceeding 80 miles an hour or 20 over the speed limit is a criminal offense in Virginia.

www.dmv.virginia.gov...

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

We covered this already.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah. . . BUT!

If you get caught going over 5 miles/hour WITH a dead hooker in your trunk, is Star Trek still better than Star Wars?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I hadn't made it through the whole thread.

But Virginia is a bunch of commies.
Get a warning for going 95, but doing 67 in a 45 is felony speeding, even though it was on a 5 lane interstate highway.

4 years in that state crushed my warrior spirit. /rant

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah. . . BUT!

If you get caught going over 5 miles/hour WITH a dead hooker in your trunk, is Star Trek still better than Star Wars?

No one has ever said anything to me about the dead hookers...well as long as you don't try to litter them on public land anyway.
edit on 12-2-2017 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

the operational meaning of "jurisdiction thereof" does not imply the mere presence of a person in the U.S as guaranteeing constitutional protections to them, it implies that a legal citizen who owes no allegiance to any other nation is under protection of the constitution.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The ACLU advises not opening the door

If the door wasnt left wide open in the first place it wouldn't be a problem ...
Surprized that ACLU agrees with Trump , ...the door is shut you can't come in....but thats just not being very neighborly, there shouldn't be any doors....

edit on 12-2-2017 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
the operational meaning of "jurisdiction thereof" does not imply the mere presence of a person in the U.S as guaranteeing constitutional protections to them, it implies that a legal citizen who owes no allegiance to any other nation is under protection of the constitution.

Perhaps you would like to help Neo on the certiorari that he is working on so you can both petition the Supreme Court. Equal protection applies to everyone here.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I hadn't made it through the whole thread.

No worries.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Yeah. . . BUT!

Star Wars, always Star Wars.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Perhaps you would like to help Neo on the certiorari that he is working on so you can both petition the Supreme Court. Equal protection applies to everyone here.

Tell that to Kathryn Steinle.

Oh wait we can't.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Tell that to Kathryn Steinle.

You mean the guy that got deported five times? What does that have to do with the Original Post?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61
We want to deport them back to their own countries.

Which you would need the correct legal instrument to accomplish as outlined in the Original Post. You have one of those then you can deport them, if you do not, then the law still applies.

Lol I am not the obvious law expert you are but reading comprehension is one of my better traits. Please reread the case you quoted me. It will do you some good to help towards understanding their meaning.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

So much for.

Equal protection applies to everyone here

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61
Lol I am not the obvious law expert you are but reading comprehension is one of my better traits. Please reread the case you quoted me. It will do you some good to help towards understanding their meaning.

Why do I have to reread it? The law was used to uphold other equal protection cases in both lower courts and the Supreme Court. If you disagree with it you need to get the courts to reread it.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So much for.

Equal protection applies to everyone here

Still not following what that has to do with ICE agents needing to get the proper warrants. Are you just throwing random things out there because you do not understand the topic or how to debate it?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Illegals often spend their entire lives in Texas never bothering with learning the language of the land…

So? Is there a law that says they should learn the majority language?

Is there an official language of the United States, or of Texas, for that matter?

Nope.
edit on 12-2-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

and so what if a few judges ruled in such a way to imply otherwise, a court ruling indicating something is not an absolute nor is it even always correct, many times judges make rulings based on emotion or political pressure and i'm quite sure plenty of "rulings" violate the constitution outright but just remain unchallenged.

double allegiance is not recognized by the constitution in any way and any ruling saying otherwise is wrong and should be thrown out.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

and so what if a few judges ruled in such a way to imply otherwise...

Except it is not a few judges, it is a few hundred since the cases I posted earlier have been used in hundreds of other cases.

edit on 12-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude once thought he had beer but it turned out to be Natty Ice.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: Arnie123

They get the same constitutional rights as citizens as long as they are in our borders.

No, not as citizens , as humans.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

no i'm not even conservative to begin with but it bothers me when people justify trampling on the constitution to project their misguided political opinions onto the law, jurisdiction only implies legal citizenship not presence.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join