It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal appeals court maintains suspension of Trump’s immigration order

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Breaking right now

A federal appeals court has maintained the freeze on President Trump’s controversial immigration order, meaning previously barred refugees and citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries can continue entering the U.S.

A panel with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit upheld the ruling of U.S. District Judge James Robart, who had decided Friday that Trump’s temporary travel ban should be put on hold. The Department of Homeland Security soon suspended all enforcement of Trump’s controversial directive.

Washington Post

It was an unianimous decision by judges appointed by Carter, Bush and Obama

Where does the Trump admin go from here?

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

The Supreme Court.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
state university staff and students ability to travel>national security???

wow

crazy

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The Supreme Court.

And risk a tie? The Supreme court has 8 justices, in the result of a tie the ruling of the appeal court would stay in place.
edit on 9-2-2017 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

And it'll be a tie and nothing will get done.

(post by carabao removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm actually surprised.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
He will last six months, cost the US another 4 trillion dollars and wreck any but all overseas relationships the US ever had.

Dump the Trump before it's too late for everyone. The guy is a idiot voted in by idiots.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What keeps President Trump from rescinding the order, signing a new order with the same wording and phrase added "green card holders and existing visa holders exempted".

This would nullify the courts restraining order because the new order isn't the one being restrained.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I would leave it sit for now. What will happen if another President wants to do this from another party?

link   

originally posted by: xstealth
What keeps President Trump from rescinding the order, signing a new order with the same wording and phrase added "green card holders and existing visa holders exempted".

This would nullify the courts restraining order because the new order isn't the one being restrained.

agree

link   
Plan B I guess is hire a boatload more Border Patrol agents coupled with more aerial surveillance.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

True but the old lady don't have much left in her.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Federal court declares jurisdiction over all lands and peoples outside of the USA. Federal court then grants select Executive actions null and void. Federal court judges retire in style....

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Does Trump really need to "go anywhere" from here right now?

He did what he said he would do, so that box is checked. Supporters love it.

The court shut it down, so the ban is lifted. The left loves the court for stopping the ban, and Trump's supporters are even more entrenched behind him in his "fight" against "the swamp."

So where I see them "going" from here is playing that card out: Trump did what he said he'd do and it's that damn swamp nipping at his heels again.
edit on 9-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There is more then one way to skin a cat. I see rapid deportations, mass round ups and the slowing of green cards.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
There is more then one way to skin a cat. I see rapid deportations, mass round ups and the slowing of green cards.

Fascim!

# ya!

link   
see you in court
the security of our nation is at stake!

+8 more 
link   

The 9th circuit court of appeals....was anybody surprised by this ruling?

Most are saying they were wrong, but, what can 'ya do?

Here is the way I see it. Far left liberals don't care what the Constitution says. There have even been some of these sorts that are more than willing to suspend the Constitution altogether and use it as toilet paper. They believe the Constitution is outdated and obsolete, so we get rulings like what we see in this case.

Simply stated, they don't care what the Constitution says. It is secondary to how they "feel".

We are living in lawless times, folks! Getting us back on track is going to be a difficult road for those that love our country and our Constitution!

edit on 9-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

because?

not liking someone does not make them fascist

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join