It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal appeals court maintains suspension of Trump’s immigration order

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: muse7

Foreign Nationals Do Not Have Constitutional Rights in the United States . CASE CLOSED .

Especially if they are not IN the United States.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Does Trump really need to "go anywhere" from here right now?

He did what he said he would do, so that box is checked. Supporters love it.

The court shut it down, so the ban is lifted. The left loves the court for stopping the ban, and Trump's supporters are even more entrenched behind him in his "fight" against "the swamp."

So where I see them "going" from here is playing that card out: Trump did what he said he'd do and it's that damn swamp nipping at his heels again.

Trump will just have to sit tight and wait for a terrorist attack or a false flag, then, as you well know, it's game on.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
When far left liberal judges willfully defy what is plainly written in the Constitution, preferring to be activist judges that change it on the fly as they would like it to read are harmful to our country.

We have an amendment process to change law. It should not be done from the bench, but as I said, these judges consider the Constitution mere toilet paper.

link   

Foreign Nationals Do Not Have Constitutional Rights in the United States . CASE CLOSED .

That's an incredibly broad statement to make, and it's also wildly inaccurate. So no, it is not "case closed."

link   

Everyone has a right to due process even if they are in the country illegally.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The order was to stop terrorists from 7 middle eastern countries. What would be the purpose of aerial surveillance?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: BlueAjah

If we have a terror attack, it will be on the heads of that liberal court.
It would also be stupid terrorists because it would play into Trump's hands. He wants "something to happen." It would vindicate him.

"They" don't have to send anyone here. But the EO certainly gave them a tasty piece of propaganda.

I am so tired of this argument.

"Folks, we can't do anything to keep ourselves safe from terrorists, because that will inspire the terrorists!"

Why do the terrorists talking points sound exactly like the Democrat talking points? Should the democrats have to keep silent, because when they criticize policies like this EO, the terrorists listen to them and repeat their objections?

I

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Does Trump really need to "go anywhere" from here right now?

He did what he said he would do, so that box is checked. Supporters love it.

The court shut it down, so the ban is lifted. The left loves the court for stopping the ban, and Trump's supporters are even more entrenched behind him in his "fight" against "the swamp."

So where I see them "going" from here is playing that card out: Trump did what he said he'd do and it's that damn swamp nipping at his heels again.

Trump will just have to sit tight and wait for a terrorist attack or a false flag, then, as you well know, it's game on.

That's what I was hoping too. But he's already tweeted, "See you in Court. Lives of Americans are at stake!"

link   

originally posted by: JimSmith
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The order was to stop terrorists from 7 middle eastern countries. What would be the purpose of aerial surveillance?

It would make spying on people a lot easier.

For some reason, the reaction of many the Right on these sorts of issues reminds of the mindset that led to the Patriot Act.

link   

originally posted by: muse7

Everyone has a right to due process even if they are in the country illegally.

Correct, all those who are not US citizens and not on US soil have no US Constitutional rights. If you're on US soil, illegally, you will be afforded due process under the US Constitution.

It really is that simple.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: 38181
There is more then one way to skin a cat. I see rapid deportations, mass round ups and the slowing of green cards.

Fascim!

# ya!

Fascism Lol, the ultimate trigger word from the Leftists.
No..try it's the law.
This is not something Trump just made up, its just something that was never enforced by an anti-American president.
If you are in the country illegally, pack your shi*, because you will be leaving.

link   
Trump yelling on twitter

"YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF ME!!!"

Just like a true super villain

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

What law was changed by the decision of the court? The decision was that the TRO would stand.

edit on 2/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
a reply to: introvert

so no actual source

typical

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

If you are in the country illegally, pack your shi*, because you will be leaving.

What, no due process?

Just mass round-ups?

link   
a reply to: Grambler

"Folks, we can't do anything to keep ourselves safe from terrorists, because that will inspire the terrorists!"

Where was Mateen born?

But please point out where I said we can't do anything to keep ourselves safe from terrorists.

edit on 2/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The problem is that it could be a year or two or three down the road before they set up their cells and plot their attacks.

I'm wondering if the mission in Yemen, which Spicer called an intelligence-gathering mission, may have been the impetus to the travel ban. He said that lots of intelligence and other information was obtained from the computers and other data that was confiscated.

To tie our president's hands in national security matters like this is unconscionable.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: introvert

so no actual source

typical

I gave you the source/post/link in which I was replying to.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Grambler

Mass round-ups, which is what I was referring to, are indeed fascist within this context.

I also am against mass round ups, I must have mis read. But the illegals that are found to have committed felonies, they should be deported when found.

God help us all.

We really are pushing for our own regression as a society.

Thats why politicization of the court was such a terrible idea. And lets not mince words, the left is primarily responsible for this. Even with Roe, this should have been a matter of congress, the court had no business in deciding this.

So if you live by the court, you die by it. And I will not feel bad when conservatives courts make rulings that many on the left with riot about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join