It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire Perez Says He Will Not Build The Trump Wall

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The one wall this real estate mogul won't build
edition.cnn.com...

Jorge Perez is happy to build buildings -- and he builds a lot of them around the world -- but not President Donald Trump's border wall.

Perez, the billionaire CEO of Related Group, has maintained a 20-year friendship with Trump.

But the relationship stalled in December when Perez received an email from The Trump Organization that included attachments showing a border wall and a handwritten note from Trump.

"The handwriting was his," Perez said.

what the border wall could look like

Well that is a bit of a shocker when one of Trump's closest business partners decides to not be part of the famous Trump Wall.

That said, the design process is still in process but as we can see there appears to be two walls and not just the "one wall".

Trump does not like to lose and this wall will get built by someone...

Interesting note on Perez:

"Pérez was born in 1949 in Argentina to Cuban parents of Spanish origin, and lived in Colombia before moving to Miami in 1968. He has a bachelor's degree from Long Island University C.W. Post Campus, and a master's degree from the University of Michiga"
en.wikipedia.org...

So of a Spanish background it would definitely be controversial for him to be part of the Trump team in building the wall. I am totally not surprised by this...money won't buy Perez's blessing on the wall.
edit on 9-2-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Feb 9 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

All he had to do was notihing..

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Couple of questions:
1. The article talks about sketches and then shows a picture? So did the email contain sketches and this is just a stock photo?
2. If this was just a friend sending another friend an email? Whats the story?
3. Wouldn't this job have to be bid out? I'm sure that Trump couldn't just give it to his buddy.
4. There are other contractors located within the US that could build this wall, correct?

Sorry just don't see a story here...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

"Inside the email was the wall, you know, the 2,000 mile, 30-foot wall, with some sketches, and he said, 'I would love to get you involved in this. Please give me a call,'" Perez said.

It won't get built because it was a campaign platform promise, which has already been broken... the Prez of Mexico said no also.

When will America learn... one campaign promise down.

many more to go...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Couple of questions:
1. The article talks about sketches and then shows a picture? So did the email contain sketches and this is just a stock photo?
2. If this was just a friend sending another friend an email? Whats the story?
3. Wouldn't this job have to be bid out? I'm sure that Trump couldn't just give it to his buddy.
4. There are other contractors located within the US that could build this wall, correct?

Sorry just don't see a story here...

I do follow you on your post Martin...I cannot see this as well. This wasn't my story and I am not the OP. However, in saying that all your questions are valid and I was asking myself the same thing. Too many holes in this story like swiss cheese.

Now we can see what a typical CNN write up is all about as this was written by them. Dare we say?...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is a fantastic non-story.

I won't build the wall either, which is also no news.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

"Inside the email was the wall, you know, the 2,000 mile, 30-foot wall, with some sketches, and he said, 'I would love to get you involved in this. Please give me a call,'" Perez said.

It won't get built because it was a campaign platform promise, which has already been broken... the Prez of Mexico said no also.

many more to go...

O no the mexican president said no to the wall lol. Serously this is all you have! Do you have anything else except the mexican president said no?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I will build the wall at cost only..

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
A continuous wall is ridiculous anyway. Anyone that understands such structures knows this.

Tunneling under, flying over, sailing around, smuggling thru at checkpoints, either thru deception or bribes, in some places the wall is impossible due to terrain, mountains, rivers, etc.

The photo is relevant, in that an inner zone between walls is necessary for sensors, patrols and dog runs. Also, no mans land regions on either side.

Its not just 'a wall' as expensive as that even is.

Maybe America should take a look at failed walls in history, like the Iron Curtain. It was extensive, including mines, machine guns, electric fences, towers, etc. And it still didn't stop people from crossing.

Walls don't stop people from coming across, the few that get through are still a problem right? If even one terr gets thru we're in 'big trouble', right?

edit on 9-2-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The leftist slogan in different terms:

We don't need no, education, we just need our thought control...
All in all we're gonna, say no to the wall...

kinda fitting..

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

While I think building a wall (actual not electronic) the entire length of our border would be ludicrous... the cost coupled with upkeep and the manning required to monitor and repair it would put the project out of reach.

How has he already broken the campaign promise, while not even a month into his term?

Just curious..
edit on 9-2-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

link   
in the article he never actually said he won`t build the wall.

why call it the trump wall that`s such a boring name, why not call it the freedom wall, or the liberty wall, or the patriots wall.

link   

If even one terr gets thru we're in 'big trouble', right?

May as well say laws against murder should be scrapped. I mean if one perr commits merrderr then yerr in big terrubble rite?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The estimated cost to tax payers of having over 11 million illegals in the country is $100 billion a year a nice wall could be built and maintained for $100 billion or less a year.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

that`s just silly and ignorant to say that there is terrain that a wall can`t be built over.
The great wall of china was built over some of the biggest mountains in the world and it was built long before they had modern equipment.

only a fool would think that a wall will keep everyone out which is why only fools think that.
only a fool would think that since a wall won`t keep everyone out that we shouldn`t even try to keep anyone out by building a wall.

edit on 9-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

many more to go...

O no the mexican president said no to the wall lol. Serously this is all you have! Do you have anything else except the mexican president said no?

As I recall, that was Trumps campaign promise, to "make Mexico pay for it"? So there that already failed premise. Trumps a billionaire, so are his cronies, maybe he should pay for it? Its so important to the hand wringing voters and all...

Walls throughout history are the last desperate act of failed empires. They are offered as solutions to the people, not really as effective barriers.

The bigger problem is all the enemies empires leave in t heir wake, that become the cancer that eats at the body from the inside... as well as the corrupt system.
edit on 9-2-2017 by intrptr because: added reply

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

it`s only been 3 weeks nobody except fools expected the wall to be built in 3 weeks, nobody except a fool expected mexico to hand over the full cost of the wall in 3 weeks.

if America was a failing empire then we wouldn`t need a wall because nobody would be trying to come here illegally.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

If even one terr gets thru we're in 'big trouble', right?

May as well say laws against murder should be scrapped. I mean if one perr commits merrderr then yerr in big terrubble rite?

if its you, well yah.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

it`s only been 3 weeks nobody except fools expected the wall to be built in 3 weeks, nobody except a fool expected mexico to hand over the full cost of the wall in 3 weeks.

if America was a failing empire then we wouldn`t need a wall because nobody would be trying to come here illegally.

Plenty of undocumented workers here already. Where do they come from? How come the gubment doesn't punish the corporations for using them in droves? Because they are in cahoots.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

maybe you could make a new thread on that topic this thread is about a wall and you haven`t made one logical point on this topic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join