It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my road ghost sighting.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

There's a couple of links in my post further up the page if you're interested. One of the sites is dedicated to road ghosts, though I don't think the guy has updated it recently.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: wobbs62

Seems like the people in the other car were spooked as well! Creepy! Any eerie feelings at the time, other than from the appearance of whatever it was?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Very interesting, thank you for sharing. I've had at least one road ghost apparition sighting I can recall. The you know the history of the bridge where this happened? Wondering if it's a residual or intelligent haunting.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Your story is corroborated by a 2002 account posted HERE.

Evaporating Man Location: Portsmouth - Railway bridge, St Mary's Road Type: Haunting Manifestation Date / Time: 2002 Further Comments: A driver slowed to take a better look at a man who stood on the side of the bridge which did not have a footpath. The driver thought that the man did not 'look right', which was proved correct as the driver watched the figure evaporate in the rear view mirror.

For all curious about the road, HERE is some history about St. Mary's road. It was originally called "Dead Man's Lane."

edit on 10 2 2017 by TheFatefulDay because: Pinterest link was bad

edit on 10 2 2017 by TheFatefulDay because: Spacing

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkingMe
That sounds like a clear sighting. Could I ask how did you feel when you saw the spirit? Did you feel uncontrollable fear or was it more of a shocked scared.

I have seen ghostly mists at my mothers but never seen a clear sighting of a person but would love too, I wonder why I have not as I have a big interest in Ghosts etc.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I would be interested in hearing your road ghost story, if you want to tell it.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheFatefulDay

Hi, that's my post on there.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Hi, yes the people in the other car definitely saw it as well and decided to not hang around, I was just curious as to what was going on and why he was standing on the side with no pavement, there is now a little walkway bridge on that side.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I wish I had made a note of the date because it's probably an annual occurrence.
The only other road ghost sighting that had happened nearby was a woman seeing
a group of soldiers walking past her on the opposite side of the road and thinking as they went past that their uniforms
Were old, ww1, and so she turned to have another look at them but they had disappeared, this was in a road a short distance away, this story is in several books.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: wobbs62
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Hi, yes the people in the other car definitely saw it as well and decided to not hang around, I was just curious as to what was going on and why he was standing on the side with no pavement, there is now a little walkway bridge on that side.

There is a walkway there? Is there any way this could have been a person, who only seemed to vanish because of a change in the lighting? Not saying that's the case, just offering a possibility. For anything "ghosty", eliminating other possibilities is always a good idea. I know there are sightings not so easily explained! I have relatives who have seen full figure apparitions, and I have seen what I'd call 'shades", and one white something one night, no shape, that seemed feminine. Any history in the area, that would place someone there, for anything traumatic? I believe that some bad events can attract spirits that are NOT human, in some locations, and that those can linger. Also, some places, I think have what I'd call "echoes"; things that don't interact with anyone, and just repeat.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Great thread!
I have yet to see an actual apparition, must be such a surreal feeling after realizing what you've just witnessed!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join