It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my road ghost sighting.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have had several paranormal experiences in my life most of which had happened when I worked in and old building in my city but my sighting of a ghost or phantom, what ever you want to call it, occurred at a railway bridge in my road.
I was a taxi driver at the time and had just finished my shift, ( would of been about 12.30 -1.00 am in October November 02))I had just turned into my road and from this side there is a short level bit of road before about a 30 yard climb over a small humped back railway bridge that has on the other side of it a small recreational park on one side and a graveyard on the other, the ground level is higher on the other side so doesn't have much of a slope to go over the bridge. Anyway, as I was about to climb the bridge I noticed that the car in front of me had slowed right down to a almost stop and I could see the sillouett of the driver and front passenger looking at something to their left, so I'm thinking why have they stopped and as got about 10 yards behind them i could see a man was standing on the bridge and then this car shot off like it was in a race, so me being curious I had slowed down ( to about 5mph) and was now level with the person and was wondering what he was up to, well, after looking at his face I instantly thought omg don't tell me I'm looking at something paranormal as he looked so strange and appeared to have a glow around his face, so continued on pass him still going slow and thinking keep watching him in the rear view mirror to see what he does, there must be a logical explanation, and was very releaved to see him start to walk across the road (towards the graveyard) at an angle towards me, but, as he got half way he just evaporated from the bottom up before my eyes.
I was really shaken up after witnessing this and it was only about 100 yards from my house, I reported this sighting on a local fb group and have since found out that other people have seen the phantommoving about on the bridge, I would also have liked to have talked to the people in the car in front of me too.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
That sounds like a clear sighting. Could I ask how did you feel when you saw the spirit? Did you feel uncontrollable fear or was it more of a shocked scared.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You said he looked strange, could you elaborate?

lol that's way too close to your house buddy!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: wobbs62

Outstanding. These kind are so compelling, including elements of paranormal (the person you thought was a 'real' person 'evaporated' before your eyes). Plus an element of corroboration, (the other car).

Loving it.

Heres my 'other car' road sighting.

At night driving along a two lane city street with boulevard divider. I'm in the right lane, a pickup truck is just ahead of me in the left lane when a figure from the far left side of the street comes into view, running across the opposite lanes towards the pick up, carrying two suitcases...

its dark and the figure is lit up from the trucks headlights. As he runs into the path of the pick up the pickup responds by putting on its brakes and slowing to a stop in the middle of the road. I can no longer see the figure he has disappeared in front of the truck. I am stopped by now too, because I expect him to come running out into my lane... but he doesn't.

Me and the truck are both stopped in the road for a bit when the truck lets off the brakes and begins rolling slowly, I let them get far enough ahead before I realize the figure has vanished... he didn't get onto the truck, I would have seen it from my vantage point thru the back window of the cab of the pickup truck. Besides he would have gone around and gotten in the passenger side anyway. The figure just vanished.

I sort of started rolling again, the truck and I both rolling much slower than the speed limit, sort of dumbfounded I guess after that. They turned off and I resisted an overpowering urge to follow them to ask WTF, continuing on my way.
There was no reason for them to stop in the road like that unless they feared they were about to run over a stupid pedestrian, I stopped for the same reason, so they must have seen what I was seeing.

The figure that I can't really describe except a male, carrying two suitcases, was also lit 'weirdly' in the headlights of the truck.

Turning the encounter over in my head I can only assume its a replay of someones moment of death right there trying to cross and getting run down some time in the past. How that stuff works is beyond me. Its often reported as a replay event, an endless loop of some event involving people. The other truck provided the corroboration I rely on to make it 'real' in my head rather than a mistaken hallucination, play of light or shadow.

People don't just vanish do they, witnessing these things with others it gets even weirder. You want to discount it somehow, but are left with the other witnesses actions that keep it from being dismissed as 'flights of fancy.

Thanks for letting me share a similar memory...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkingMe
That sounds like a clear sighting. Could I ask how did you feel when you saw the spirit? Did you feel uncontrollable fear or was it more of a shocked scared.

My personal answer to that is I have seen a handful of spirits in my time, the most compelling of which appear at the time as real people, only later discovering they weren't.

Like OP, on approach to the bridge he thought the person was real, stopped to talk to them even...

the realization and spine tingles come later when you add up all the elements to realize you had an encounter.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Wow, that's quite an experience. Thanks for posting S&F

I find road ghosts fascinating and have read quite a lot about them, there is a good site Road Ghosts but it doesn't seem to have been updated for a while, but interesting nonetheless.

I once had an experience, not long after I started driving so in the late 80's, when I suddenly felt really spooked, although I didn't see anything, but it was dark and I was quite young at the time, so maybe just my imagination. Another time a friend told me about an experience they had when driving along with her husband in the dark on a fairly quiet country road, when they saw something off to the right that caught their attention. My friend described it as being like a witch-like creature with white hair and red eyes and seemed to be screaming at them. Apparently as the drove on past, they each said to one another...Did you see that? They both agreed they had and didn't say anything more about it. Unfortunately she couldn't remember what road they were on, or I'd be back for another look lol

Another allegedly haunted road quite near me is the A75, which I have traveled on regularly but never at night and I haven't experienced anything myself, but plenty of other people have. Here are some stories A75 haunted Road

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I had a weird "ghost car" experience on a country road near my home.
It was just a couple of years ago, early winters evening but very dark.
I am VERY familiar with the road I was driving on, and I crossed a small stone bridge over a stream and onto a straight section of road which has a dip before a small hill which crests before the road drops out of sight again about 150 yards away. The road is a very small "single track" road with wider "passing places" at intervals along the road.

I see a cars headlights come over the crest towards me and as it drops down into the dip in the road, I slow down and pull into the passing place to let them by...
...and I wait... but the car doesn't come back out of the dip, so I presume that they've seen my headlights and stopped to let me by? I drive slowly forward and there is no car in the dip!
There are no junctions or anywhere to turn off the road anywhere between the crest of the hill and where I stopped.
There is nowhere that an oncoming car could have gone, but it had disappeared.
The road was dry. There were no puddles or reflective surfaces, glass or anything which could have reflected my own lights back at me. There was definitely a set of car headlights coming towards me which simply vanished.

I've driven that road many hundreds of times, both before and after this incident, and I have no explanation for it.
I'm not aware of anyone else having seen anything there either.

It did creep me out quite a bit!

G

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingMe

Hi, I was just very puzzled at first, but when I looked in his face he was just looking straight ahead ( up the railway line) taking no notice of me, I only became scared when I saw him evaporate.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingMe

Hi, I was just very puzzled at first, but when I looked in his face he was just looking straight ahead ( up the railway line) taking no notice of me, I only became scared when I saw him evaporate.
edit on 9-2-2017 by wobbs62 because: posted twice

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Great post!

These types of paranormal encounters are always extremely interesting to me. I have a few quick questions:

As it was about 1:00am or so, how was the entity illuminated for you to see? Car headlights? Moon? Lights on bridge?

Approximately how long did the entire encounter take from start to finish?

Do you believe the car in front of you that sped off was "real" and that the driver and passenger were simply spooked? It's a little unclear as you say the car "shot off" which could just mean sped off or something else.

Final note - in the future you may want to remember that paragraphs are your friend when posting on ATS. Makes for far easier reading and story flow.

Thanks again and I look forward to your response.

edit on 2/9/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Oh wow. Cool. I wish I could see stuff like that. I don't see ghosts or UFO's. I'm open minded, why don't I see them? I'm sure that was freaky, but I'm kind of jealous.

*edited to add:

I have had some weird auditory stuff though, and one was in broad day light with witnesses. I don't want to derail with another story, but if it's ok and anyone is interested I'll tell it.

edit on 9-2-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Did you ever check and see if there was an accident there? Might be interesting to find out if you can.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

I was born about 2 miles from there and have lived there most of my life.
There aren't any accidents associated with that stretch of road...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

hi, he had a round very white face, eyes bulging with a tiny hole for a mouth, (this is what made me think wtf,). staring strait ahead up railway line . he was wearing a long coat because when i first saw him i could only see the bottom of his, what i thought were white jeans, but now i think it was because his legs were glowing.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

hi, i have lived in the road for 23 years, dont know of any accidents but i know lots of people had topped themselves by jumping off the bridge and one a bit further up the track.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

hi, i am new to posting on ats, i used my phone to post but been having trouble.
regarding the sighting, the road had no lighting on the bridge itself,sighting lasted about 1 min possibly 2 from when i first noticed the car in front slow down /stop on bridge, both persons in the car looked at man( i was looking up at them from a 30 degree angle, i was lower than them) and then shot off, i am quite sure the car was real.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
thanks for all the replys, the sighting was located at st, marys rd ,fratton, portsmouth, uk, po1 area, i was coming from copner road side....having trouble posting pictures at moment otherwise would have posted sat image of area.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

hi, i find ghost sightings very fascinating, esp road ghosts, i have been reading many books over the years never thinking that one day i would see one myself...lol, i must say i did shake me up and have spent many hours since trying out what i had witnessed.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your sighting,
-Question,
Did you see its eyes?

Never ever look a ghost in the eyes, it can kill your soul and may take your body for itself.

-True story-

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

S&F for you pal, thanks for the story, I have always been interested in the highway ghost stories, I love to hear and read them, and would be interested in any links anyone has to share.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join