It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another slap for the EU

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I just run into this article about how Hungary's government will detain all refugees into the EU until their asylum applications have been processed to stop them heading to countries such as Britain, Germany etc.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Great job Hungary, finally a country with common sense! While the fences on Hungary's southern borders started to get built in 2015 July, slowed down the numbers of refugees coming through without proper vetting, from over 10.000 per month to "only" 300-400, this new plan will ensure that none of the undocumented migrants will travel through Hungary to get to other countries. The rights of the refugees ended when they refused to ask for asylum in the first peaceful country they arrived in. Instead they cross half a dozen countries in order to register in one that they choose. This makes them economic migrants plain and simple.

Of course one can imagine the dislike of the EU bullies will have. However in this case there is so little they can do against, as further down in the article it says refugees can't leave these detention centers until they have been processed UNLESS they decide to go home, in that case they are free to go back.

While some says it's too little too late, still the first sensible decision coming from that part of Europe. Well done!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm guessing their leader won't be invited to the U.K. Parliament?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I believe their leader was one of the few who openly supported Trump against Hillary, so yes there is a chance

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

originally posted by: szino9

Great job Hungary, finally a country with common sense!

If Victor Orbán has so much common sense, then why isn't he denouncing the underlying cause of this refugee-crisis??
All I see is another populist squawking about the fallout of policies - instead of pointing out the actual perpetrators.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

.. This makes them economic migrants plain and simple.

Ohh no, if it only were so simple.. But in Orbans head anything is simple, as it is so often with populists!
edit on 7 2 2017 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

That means that Hungary are following what's known as the Dublin agreement, an EU accord, which is for immigrants from outside the EU having to be processed at the first country they arrive in..............

What they are doing is in accordance with the EU. Are you missing something here?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

the real solution to the migrant crisis is to stop bombing their countries thus less will need to seek life for their children, elderly and families. thus no need for spending on vetting or walls, less bombs dropped, less munition used less money allocated in military budget for bombs and weaps.

i know it sounds absolutely mental...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The rights of the refugees ended when they refused to ask for asylum in the first peaceful country they arrived in. Instead they cross half a dozen countries in order to register in one that they choose. This makes them economic migrants plain and simple.

Their human 'rights' ended when they were forced out of their homeland. That makes them refugees, period.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

No, you are right, it doesn't sound mental. In an ideal world...

But what can a small country of 8 million do? I don't think Hungary has the resources, military power or political strength to change anything in Syria or against the horrors happening there. Orban is at least trying to do something for his country, or in this case for entire Europe, if so little as damage control.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Yes I do miss something. If this is all ok with the EU how come none of the other EU countries ( Greece, Slovenia, Croatia) did this in the past almost 2 years?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Yes I do miss something. If this is all ok with the EU how come none of the other EU countries ( Greece, Slovenia, Croatia) did this in the past almost 2 years?

I guess it's a simple thing called compassion for people fleeing a war zone (speaking particularly of Syria here)?

And I beg your pardon, it's actually the Dublin regulation.

So, nothing to indicate a slap in the face at all. EU regulations being followed.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That includes the tens of thousands if not more single military aged men? Or the 32 years old "children?" All of them without any identification documents.

I am sorry but it's not that simple as you paint it to be.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

That includes the tens of thousands if not more single military aged men? Or the 32 years old "children?" All of them without any identification documents.

You're confusing two things. What I'm going to call the Dublin regulation (because that's what it's called) is that anyone from outside the EU migrating in claiming either asylum or refugee status should do so at the first port of harbour to coin a phrase. If they are single military aged men or if they are alleged by the Daily Mail to be 32 years old and claiming to be children (that is unproven by the way) is a totally separate issue. Confusing the two just plays into the hands of publications such as the Daily Mail and certain political leaders.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Yah, it is.

When they flee their country they are refugees.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Give it a fortnight and this will be knocked back by some lost or just remembered EU law. The EU will not allow this to happen because they need it to happen. The EU needs to have countries down on their knees so they can run to the unelected and have them rush in to "help" and in return have more power handed to them. The EU will NOT allow a leader of a member state (notice it's never called a Member country. Might be semantics but still, it always annoyed me) to be that intelligent and make a decision that helps their own country and not benefits the entire EU.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You're confusing two things.

No, I'm not. The confusion is promoted by the gubment thru mass media. They want us to believe these streams of refugees are simply 'migrating'.

Especially since its the west that caused the instability in their countries in the first place. Yes whether thru out and out war, subversion of their economy and or gubment thru sanctions, whatever.

...anyone from outside the EU migrating in claiming either asylum or refugee status should do so at the first port of harbor to coin a phrase.

Many of them aren't landing in 'harbors'. They haven't immigrated, they have travelled afar, some by leaky boat that crash on shorelines, some by trekking a thousand miles.

They fear if they are detained they will be returned to their homeland so are reluctant to comply with 'the rules'.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

And what might Soros have to say or do on the issue one might wonder . In this vid the answers begin to be answered

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

Great job Hungary, finally a country with common sense!

If Victor Orbán has so much common sense, then why isn't he denouncing the underlying cause of this refugee-crisis??
All I see is another populist squawking about the fallout of policies - instead of pointing out the actual perpetrators.

Wtf??

He is the leader of HUNGARY dude. They aren't exactly major players on the world scene... what could Hungary really do to stop the "leaders of the free world" blowing up countries near them and causing a huge migrant crisis that MASSIVELY affected them.

You're basically condemning him for trying to do the best thing for his people (and also, by extension, the rest of Europe as they are at a European crossroads) and saying that he would have been better off politely asking the leaders of the EU to stop the madness, or the refugees to please just walk around Hungary?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I guess it's a simple thing called compassion for people fleeing a war zone (speaking particularly of Syria here)?

Compassion? In politics? Really.. Correct me if I am wrong, but if a refugee arrives from saying, a war torn country without any proof of the origin and register at the first port say Greece, then moves on and commit a crime wherever he ends up that results in deportation, isn't he will be deported to where he registered? As nobody knows where he REALLY came from? So say Greece aware of this and not willing to end up stuck with a #load of criminals and besides that individual wouldn't want to stay in Greece anyway, it is just easier for them to let him go through rather than actually do what every country was supposed to do??? Compassion sure.

So yes kudos to Hungary well knowing this and still want to register them, trying to save Europe.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Yeah, my bad, port of harbour is a term that has been used to describe the place at which you arrive. As I said, I was coining a phrase, not meaning it to be taken literally. The Dublin regulation is that you would be registered at that place, not to be allowed to travel unregistered to another part of the EU where you do want to arrive. That's fairly logical if you ask me, as it's at that point that you enter Europe.

For the rest of your point, I agree with you regarding some right wing governments - not only in Europe - want to paint all migrants (and essentially you are a migrant technically even if you are also a refugee from war) as 'bad people'. Certain aspects of the media will play up to that, some won't. Thing is though, the essence of the title of the OP is incorrect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join