It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel passes bill to seize private Palestinian land for Jewish settlements

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Israel’s parliament passed a contentious law late Monday that allows the state to seize land privately owned by Palestinians in the West Bank and grant the properties to Jewish settlements for their exclusive use.

The measure is designed to protect homes in Jewish settlements, built on private Palestinian property “in good faith or at the state’s instruction,” from possible court-ordered evacuation and demolition.

Israel passes bill to seize private Palestinian land for Jewish settlements

I have no respect for any society that allows people to be forced into marriage such as what happens in Palestine.

Photos of a mass wedding in Gaza spark more outrage about 'child brides'

Forced Underage Marriages Continue in Gaza

The Palestinian culture is evil. They have a culture that is based around stealing through their practice of forced marriages. I have no sympathy for them for that reason.

With that said, I can't think of any way to justify Israel's new law outside of their religious beliefs. All of this proves to me that humans have not evolved much.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
When Israel succeeds in their Palestinian genocide and there is no Palestine left will they start stealing land from Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Lebanon? I think so.

They should stop that.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

www.timesofisrael.com...

The law freezes demolition proceedings against the homes.

For any structures found to have been built in good faith — that is, if the homeowners did not know the house was being built on privately owned land — the state would seize the property from its Palestinian owners in exchange for compensation valued at slightly more than the land’s market value, as determined by an Israeli government committee established for that purpose.

“Half a million residents of Samaria, Judea and the Jordan Valley deserve normal lives just like residents of Kfar Saba and Tel Aviv. Fifty years late, the Regulation Bill will come up tomorrow and pass in the Knesset in order to give them this normalcy,” said a statement from the Jewish Home party.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I think they know that they have trump's hands tied. Who was the last president who put sanctions on israel?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Bulldozers and F16 bombings again maybe the UN could commission the Chinese to build an island for the Palestinians as that's about all their ever going to get.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

A little research please before getting nickers in a knot.

Those little girls in the photos you linked to are NOT the brides. They are family members going to the wedding.

Such hopeless reporting by the West makes us look more savage that the savages you are trying desperately to create.

Debunked

P

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

What! They passed legislation in there cou try making it totally okay to invade sovreign land they have no #ing rule or law in..... #.... they must be wizards. I didnt think this ws possible.... hold up.... aeshmaopia just passed legisltion stating its illegal to be jewish in israel.. yeah take that you #ers... same #. My country, my laws now gtfo!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
How come the Palestinians don't just pass a law declaring the settlements illegal?

Is Israel the only "nation of laws" in the area?

Are the Palestinians just lawless peoples?

What's going on over there?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Ridiculous... the only reason anyone is even talking about this is Israel.

With any other country giving themselves permission to occupy another country, we'd laugh it off as insane. Somehow, this one tiny country that's somehow our greatest ally without ever having been deployed with us, simply gets away with it.

Can anyone explain why? Or how about this? Can anyone explain why they're even called our ally? Never deployed to any war theater with us whereas many other allies have; have declared war on us in the past by attacking our Navy and killed dozens of our soldiers in 1967 USS Liberty attack. Never assisted, only attacked us.

Why are they called allies?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Criminal passes to legalize crimes. Shocking.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I think the use of the word ''law" ought to be replaced by the words 'decides to take.'

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

The geographics of the place is such that these "occupied territories" - actually should have been part of Israel from day 1. Westbank and Jerusalem should be normallly counted as part of Israel.

In these areas there cannot be 2 states. but only 1 - Israel. There can be two folks living in it, but Israel as a state is undivided.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Oh don't be so dramatic.

This pops up from time to time and people constantly, and willfully now, act as though Israel didn't offer Palestine their own land and a peace deal THREE TIMES.

Your ignorance is no excuse at this point, there is a myriad of online and literary works outlining the 'Palestinian statehood' debacle. The Palestinians want Israel wiped out, it's that simple - nothing less than this will work for them even when peace was made the Palestinian representatives who the people were just dandy with said that the peace was being used to plan Israels demise.

How ignorant of history do people need to be? Your outrage is directed at the wrong people.... Here's a few.

We plan to eliminate the state of Israel and establish a purely Palestinian state. We will make life unbearable for Jews by psychological warfare and population explosion. We Palestinians will take over everything, including all of Jerusalem.- Yasser Arafat

We repeat today that we are with the establishment of a Palestinian state on any liberated part of Palestinian land that is agreed upon by the Palestinian people, without recognizing Israel or conceding any inch of historical Palestine. Ismail Haniyeh (Except before the jews NOT ONE of these people even cared about a Palestinian state it DIDN'T EXIST FFS.

"We Palestinians will take over everything, including all of Jerusalem....All the rich Jews who will get compensation will travel to America....We of the PLO will now concentrate all our efforts on splitting Israel psychologically into two camps. Within five years we will have six to seven million Arabs living in the West Bank and in Jerusalem....You understand that we plan to eliminate the State of Israel and establish a purely Palestinian State....I have no use for Jews; they are and remain Jews" (Seeped in hatred, not even caring about the struggle but instead just focus on the fact they're Jewish)

I could go on and on and on and on. This is NOT a one sided thing, to act like it is, is to do what the left do all the damn time, all the feels and none of the facts. These 'Palestinian' people keep allowing these kinds of people (as quoted above) the reigns of power and they do NOT disagree with them either. Grow up ATS, I hate this topic in this site, everyone acts as though they don't know a damn about it.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

This is one of those easy star threads where people just get stars for proliferating a popular opinion, however wrong it is...... Good luck with yet another circle jerk.....

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius
You talk like I do not understand the situation and that I support Israeli supremacy.

I do understand. Both sides are supremacists and want land that is not theirs to want.

They should stop stealing land.

edit on 7-2-2017 by Noncents because: Clarified

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

They're not stealing anything.

How do you take land from people who didn't even recognize the land as their own?

1949, when Jordan occupied the West Bank and expelled all the Jews from there, the 49 Armistice Lines (Also mistakenly called the 67 borders) were never actual borders but just lines drawn on a map for where the fighting stopped. There was no “Palestinian” sovereignty in this area.

For the next 25 years, there were no borders for a Palestinian state and the government of the Palestinian people slowly evolved out a “resistance group” that targeted civilians and soldiers alike.

The 'Palestinians never had a 'land'. This is what I mean by historic revisionism. Learn the history of Palestine itself. They did not have a problem UNTIL the 'JEWS' read that again 'JEWS' were given land themselves! This is historic fact, it's not my opinion.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
How do you take land from people who didn't even recognize the land as their own?

The Palestinians do recognize the land as their own.

The UN recognizes Palestine as a nation as well.

The settlements are illegal under international law. That is argued, but those arguments are weak, and recognized as such, and the vast majority of scholars that have researched the issue agree that the settlements are illegal.

Israel knows this, that's one of the reasons they left the security council.

Both sides are killing. Both sides are in the wrong. Both sides need to stop.

ETA: Palestine has been Palestine for quite a long time. Timeline of the name Palestine
edit on 7-2-2017 by Noncents because: Expanded Upon

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Now you're just being disingenuous. The UN didn't recognize Palestine for the longest time.

How many times a day do you use the UN as a credible source for anything other than to make this point? Yeah, I thought so.

Let's have a look at the guys quote's who was responsible for this move shall we, Mr Abbas himself.

“Al-Aqsa is ours and so is the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. They have no right to desecrate them with their filthy feet. We won’t allow them to do so and we will do whatever we can to defend Jerusalem.” (ours eh)....

“We have frankly said, and always will say: If there is an independent Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital, we won’t agree to the presence of one Israeli in it,”

"Palestine is the cradle of the three monotheistic faiths. We stand strongly against any attack on any religion," (there goes the exclusivity then).

These people constantly hang themselves on their own words. They do it all the time.

When they're in a position of weakness and submission they lie and play the victim, when a stronger force confronts them and exposes them for what they are they hide behind the innocent and cry humanitarian crisis. When they're in a position of strength GOD help anyone who disagrees with them or doesn't convert to their barbaric way of life.

“raise rifles against the Israeli occupation.”

“Shooting at your brother is forbidden. Raising rifles against the occupation is our legitimate right, but raising guns against each other is forbidden. We should put our internal fighting aside and raise our rifles only against the Israeli occupation,”

They do NOT care about Israeli life at all, not one little bit, they're the sworn enemies of the Jews. Anyone who has been in the middle east knows this. I know Iranians and Israeli's alike and they all confirm this. We are told one thing here in the west but over there it's entirely different. Don't believe the media narrative for Gods sake!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Israel gone Nazi, wow!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Care to elaborate?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

no need, its pure irony!

new topics