It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump flies out to join First Lady Melania at Mar-a-Lago

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

His week has featured clashes with Mexico, Iran, and Australia, a new Supreme Court pick, and a series of executive actions

If Im not mistaken both the Aussie and Mexican leaders came out and said the reports of the call not going well were BS.

They have both said the calls were, 'Cordial" in political jargon that at best is a euphemism for 'just about talking'
Apart from that, both those leaders have repeated their respective past views to Trump. Mexico will not pay for the wall, and that the Aussie refugess must go to the US.

As an Aussie I hope he tells Turnbull to shove it.
Our own weak ass border security laws are to blame for those people being there, it has nothing to do with the US and I cant blame Trump for not following through on a deal that is not only of no benefit to the country he represents but was also made in the last days of Obamas presidency, dodgy as feck if you ask me.

As for the wall, I guess well see, truth is Mexico has shyt cards and no chips. Even if it doesnt come from Mexicos coffers directly there are other options so that Mexico pays.

Love him or hate him one thing you cant take away from him after 2 weeks on the job is that he appears to be TRYING to keep his promises, more so than any other politician Ive seen in my lifetime

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
I want him out of office and peacefully retired to Mar-a-Lago or Trump Tower where he can tweet to his heart's content for the rest of his life.

Hey we agree for once...
I want that too!
and I suspect so did he...
But here we are, and here he is leader of the free world risking his life and his families lives trying to alt-right the wrongs committed by the ctrl-left.
My humble opinion is he already made a bigger beneficial impact on my life than the previous four administrations combined so he can take a little break with his HOT wife...

But continue with this frothing it's entertaining.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Whew, signing papers. That's tough work.
edit on 4-2-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
a reply to: Byrd

From the Red Cross website

The 60th Annual International Red Cross Ball will be held at Mar-A-Lago, in Palm Beach, Florida on February 4, 2017. The International Red Cross Ball was founded in 1957 by Marjorie Merriweather Post, who offered her home Mar-A-Lago as a venue for raising much needed funds to support the life-saving mission of the American Red Cross. For the last 60 years, the International Red Cross Ball has been held at Mar-a-Lago with only a few exceptions.

So why is this being branded as a vacation? He flew in to attend the Red Cross ball for cryin' out loud. Thumbs down to you for jumping to conclusions and making assumptions.

Agreed, he has been working near around the clock for a couple of weeks an takes a week end to attend a Red Cross Ball. Well my friends that is not a vacation. A vacation for me booze, sun, and scantily clad women, not some charity event for the rich and shameless.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

However, one of Trump's campaign promises was that he would take fewer vacations than other Presidents. So either this will be the only vacation we see him taking for the next yea

Wow, Seriously wondering how you can be objective in your field of study with such bias being demonstrated by you ?

Since when is flying to be with your spouse on the weekend after working all week a vacation?

I guess you consider the majority of Americans that work M-F as taking vacation every weekend? You honestly, think Obama was working 7 days a week except for when he took vacation?

I guess you are not aware about 21st century technologies such as phones,internet, and other video conference technologies that allows for remote meeting and discussions?

Seriously, the left with such silly smear attempts is killing themselves. I did not vote for trump and actually supported Bernie , but these ridiculous attacks for everything the man does is embarrassing and counterproductive.

I can guarantee you that these silly smear tactics are doing the exact opposite of what you want.

Tomorrows headline from the irrelevant left: Trump farts in a Mexican restaurant because he hates Mexicans and wants to increasing global warming. Oh Sorry they already ran with a sillier story on how he likes Golden Showers.

edit on 44228America/ChicagoSat, 04 Feb 2017 14:44:19 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

But here we are, and here he is leader of the free world risking his life and his families.......

If you consider that there is such a person who is leader of the free world, then it isn't Trump, that's for sure.

All this great work he's doing, as some keep saying, is guaranteed to bring any idea of a free world leader, crashing to the ground in flames. It's many of the European democracies who are doing the hard thing, and bringing in refugees for instance, and they are paying for it in some events. What Donald is saying, is "Mummy Mummy' give me the front door key so's I can lock it quick."
So, let's just forget about the idea of a free world leader.

edit on 4-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Trump works from Mar-a-Lago.
Remember how much he got done from there before the inauguration?
He never stops working.

This OP is silly.
His trip there was planned for weeks, and has been mentioned often.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Trump draws a salary, what he does with it is his business.

Trump stated a long time ago he would take no salary. Applause, clap, and I'm beautiful BTW.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

But, the Constitution is clear, even if Trump isn't. It's not his call to make. He can't decline. He can donate his salary anywhere he likes. But he MUST draw a salary.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
He never stops working.

This OP is silly.

Presidents don't stop being president, even when they're on vacation. They take their office with them wherever they go.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

That is why he said he will take a $1 salary.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Presidents don't stop being president, even when they're on vacation. They take their office with them wherever they go.

Funny how that did not apply to Obama....

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

That is why he said he will take a $1 salary.

It is not within his power to change his salary....

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

He never stops working.

This OP is silly.

He hardly did anything with his Transition. He had what 20ish people selected out of multiple 100s of appointments?

Now he is taking a vacation to a resort he owns and can bill the tax payer for? Far worse then Obama golf outings people complained about for 8 years.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I hear Trump has another vacation when he goes to visit the Queen...
(aka meeting with the prime minister in uk)

The media are all squeezing every bit of straw they have left.
they dont have to do any work to make Trump look like a buffoon, he does this on his own.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I don't care what he said. The Constitution says he MUST take a set salary, and that it can't be diminished. That's Constitutional law and Trump can't override it. He can donate his salary, but he MUST first accept that it is his money to donate as he sees fit.

Do you know who he's donating it to? Just curious.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

First off you are definitely being petty arguing semantics...However I did a search to see if he had mentioned who he may donate to. I only found articles making the very same semantic argument as you or ones pointing out Hoover and Kennedy both did the same thing. All of them from around 11.12.16 to 11.12.14, which tells me a few things. The articles made him look good so they quit running them. He never said if he was going to try and not accept the salary or donate it (dunno why they didn't dig in there). Lastly that we probably won't find out what he does with it till his first payday. Not sure when that is honestly but if anyone finds out I would be curious to know myself. Is he like a regular Joe getting weekly or bi-weekly payments?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Oh dear, I was initially replying to THIS post.

I think you have to be drawing a salary to call time away from the office a vacation.

It may be petty, but lets call a diamond a diamond, and a spade a spade. He's not a part time president because he's not "taking a salary". It's Trump's call how he wants to "spend" his salary. If he wants to donate it, that's his call.

I am curious to find out, since he's made the statement that he won't "take" a salary, what charities he intends to donate it to.
edit on 4-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

He never stops working.

This OP is silly.

It's being called the Winter White House. I love it. And you're right...he's a workhorse and this OP is silly. I hope he has a little bit of family time this weekend though.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Similar cover story when Roosevelt had a top-secret summit meeting with British Prime Minister Winston S. Churchill off Newfoundland.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join