It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump flies out to join First Lady Melania at Mar-a-Lago

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Elvis has left the building for a vacation already. The Daily Mail does bullet points and a longer article (I'm beginning to like the British style here)

News story

Washington breathes a sigh of relief as whirlwind Trump flies out to join First Lady Melania at Mar-a-Lago at the end of another white-knuckle week (but of course he still has Twitter . . .)

* Trump returned to Mar-a-Lago after a whirlwind week in Washington and was met by his wife Melania
* Melania Trump has made no public appearances since the inauguration
* The Palm Beach Daily News is reporting that they will attend the Red Cross Ball on Saturday
* Some guests are paying up to $50,000 for the soiree, with six ambassadors on the guest list
* The Red Cross charity has been assisting people affected by Trump's immigration halt
* His week has featured clashes with Mexico, Iran, and Australia, a new Supreme Court pick, and a series of executive actions
* The White House says it will be 'shifting operations' to Mar-a-Lago, and that Trump will hold meetings and calls while staff 'plan for another big week of action on behalf of the American people'

The RoguePOTUSStaff account reports that staff is expected to go to Mar-a-Lago, to pay for the rooms themselves... and that the money for their rooms will go, of course, back to Trump.

I wonder how long he'll stay. People knew he was coming and there are demonstrations planned. One had to cancel because of the large number of people Others are planned.

N.b. I'd seen that he was going there from several sources earlier in the week but they didn't meet my standard of reputable sites
edit on 4-2-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I am confused.....

So do you wan't him in Washington "doing things" or not?

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

His week has featured clashes with Mexico, Iran, and Australia, a new Supreme Court pick, and a series of executive actions

If Im not mistaken both the Aussie and Mexican leaders came out and said the reports of the call not going well were BS.

I find it hard to take any "article" seriously when it includes these 2 snippets of fake news that anyone who has paid attention to actual news and not just MSM soundbites knows.

FFS people give the guy a chance

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A well deserved business vacation.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Is there no internet and phone service there? I Highly doubt he is going there just to work on his tan.

* The White House says it will be 'shifting operations' to Mar-a-Lago, and that Trump will hold meetings and calls while staff 'plan for another big week of action on behalf of the American people'

In this day and age, people are able to conduct business (or govern a country) from literally anywhere in the world...
edit on 2/4/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I think you have to be drawing a salary to call time away from the office a vacation.

-chuckle-

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

* The Palm Beach Daily News is reporting that they will attend the Red Cross Ball on Saturday

* Some guests are paying up to $50,000 for the soiree, with six ambassadors on the guest list

* The Red Cross charity has been assisting people affected by Trump's immigration halt

Blistering Irony.

btw, can you put up the DailyMail link ? It seems to be missing.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wow. It's the weekend and he has done more than Obama did in....forever....even if I don't agree with his policies.

Junk news. Surprised there's even a post about this. Hardly worth effort to write. Geeze.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I am confused.....

So do you wan't him in Washington "doing things" or not?

I want him out of office and peacefully retired to Mar-a-Lago or Trump Tower where he can tweet to his heart's content for the rest of his life.

However, one of Trump's campaign promises was that he would take fewer vacations than other Presidents. So either this will be the only vacation we see him taking for the next year or it's the beginning of a pattern of frequent trips (like Bush's many many trips at Taxpayer expense back to the family ranch in Texas.)

I'm betting we'll see a pattern of his having us foot the bill for him (and Melania and Barron who come from New York) to travel to Florida every other weekend... unless there's a hurricane.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

Is there no internet and phone service there? I Highly doubt he is going there just to work on his tan.

In this day and age, people are able to conduct business (or govern a country) from literally anywhere in the world...

That was not the message we heard when Obama left DC to go to a place for a weekend. He would also shift operations to those locations and continue to work.

But the word here on these boards was "vacation" when Obama did it... so it's fair to call the same thing a "vacation" for Trump.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

From the Red Cross website

The 60th Annual International Red Cross Ball will be held at Mar-A-Lago, in Palm Beach, Florida on February 4, 2017. The International Red Cross Ball was founded in 1957 by Marjorie Merriweather Post, who offered her home Mar-A-Lago as a venue for raising much needed funds to support the life-saving mission of the American Red Cross. For the last 60 years, the International Red Cross Ball has been held at Mar-a-Lago with only a few exceptions.

So why is this being branded as a vacation? He flew in to attend the Red Cross ball for cryin' out loud. Thumbs down to you for jumping to conclusions and making assumptions.

edit on 2/4/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
From the article:

Up to 700 guests are expected to attend. The Trump's have been frequent attendees at the event over the last decade.

Among those expected are six ambassadors to the United States, those from Switzerland, Italy, Colombia, Afghanistan, Peru, and Jordan, according to the publication. The U.S. has bilateral trade agreements with Colombia and Peru, and maintains a military presence in Afghanistan that is propping up the government.

Royals are also among those expected, with Prince Charles and Princess Camilla of the Italian dynasty Bourbon-Two Sicilies, the Duke and Dutchess of Marlborough, Lady Henrietta Spencer-Churchill, Princess Clotilde d’Orleans, Prince Charles Philippe and Princess Diana d’Orleans, according to the publication.

Sounds like a very appropriate place for him to be...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
The RoguePOTUSStaff account reports that staff is expected to go to Mar-a-Lago, to pay for the rooms themselves... and that the money for their rooms will go, of course, back to Trump.

No Way!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Good post.
Hmmm...so Prince Charles and Camilla will be there...Prince Charles is President of the British Red Cross.....so all that talk by some folk that Charles and Donald will be at cross purposes when he visits London.....Folks might not always agree with each other, but they can come together when they have a common purpose and interest......just saying

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 4-2-2017 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'd imagine Trump is giving his critics a chance to take a respite after scurrying around for the last 12 days.

They must be tired.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

His staff seriously have to pay to stay there?
Cheapskate

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

His staff seriously have to pay to stay there?
Cheapskate

Would you rather pay for it? Better than spending taxpayer dollars.

Also, I doubt the staff is forced to stay at Mar-a-Lago. There are dozens of other hotels in the area...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: xuenchen

I think you have to be drawing a salary to call time away from the office a vacation.

-chuckle-

Trump draws a salary, what he does with it is his business.

US Constitution, Article II, Section 1
The President shall, at stated times, receive for his services, a compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that period any other emolument from the United States, or any of them.

I'd hate to think that the whole presidential staff has to be uprooted and reestablished at another location every time the President and First Lady are invited to a fund raiser ball.

I'm sure we're going to see lots of shots of him on the gold course this weekend.

edit on 4-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The staff doesn't have to pay their own way what a stupid remark.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

His week has featured clashes with Mexico, Iran, and Australia, a new Supreme Court pick, and a series of executive actions

If Im not mistaken both the Aussie and Mexican leaders came out and said the reports of the call not going well were BS.

They have both said the calls were, 'Cordial" in political jargon that at best is a euphemism for 'just about talking'
Apart from that, both those leaders have repeated their respective past views to Trump. Mexico will not pay for the wall, and that the Aussie refugees must go to the US.
edit on 4-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join