It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donalds trip to Harley Davidson cancelled by Harley Davidson.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: InTheLight

What is "malarky" is that you think motorcycle police BUY THEIR OWN MOTORCYCLES.

And you attempt to back up your theory with pics of elected official on motorcycles that clearly were not chosen by them. "Excuse me Mr President we have a photo op for you"...."Oh no that has to be an Indian bike for me to pose on it"
Ridiculous

So tell me again how THE PROTESTERS in question are the demographic that Harley Davidson is likely to to after.

Tell me how the protesters in question are not the demographic that would buy Harley Davidson motorcycles? This lack of evidence goes both ways.

While there are certainly HD owners who may vote Democrat that is hardly the demographic that tends to purchase Harleys. You can't possibly be this blind. No one screams 'Murica as much as HD. Granted the vast majority of HD riders these days are dentists and cardiologists, not guys who just got home from doing a 10 year bid. Regardless, the political sentiments usually tend to lean right.

Ridiculous generalizations, but OKAY if it makes you feel right.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Seriously, this is all about optics. Not protesters. All HD would have to do is offer some coffee or coupons and they would have a wall of bikes...cmon guys. THINK!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

What is "malarky" is that you think motorcycle police BUY THEIR OWN MOTORCYCLES.

And you attempt to back up your theory with pics of elected official on motorcycles that clearly were not chosen by them. "Excuse me Mr President we have a photo op for you"...."Oh no that has to be an Indian bike for me to pose on it"
Ridiculous

So tell me again how THE PROTESTERS in question are the demographic that Harley Davidson is likely to to after.

Tell me how the protesters in question are not the demographic that would buy Harley Davidson motorcycles? This lack of evidence goes both ways.

While there are certainly HD owners who may vote Democrat that is hardly the demographic that tends to purchase Harleys. You can't possibly be this blind. No one screams 'Murica as much as HD. Granted the vast majority of HD riders these days are dentists and cardiologists, not guys who just got home from doing a 10 year bid. Regardless, the political sentiments usually tend to lean right.

Ridiculous generalizations, but OKAY if it makes you feel right.

If you call observation, deductive reasoning, and logic ridiculous generalizations then I don't know what else to tell you. The Harley demographic was posted for you. Anyone who has observed the "typical" Harley rider knows what the brand represents.

By the way, I am black. I am also a motorcycle rider.

(post by Syphone removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

a reply to: GuidedKill

When you say protesters, I say democrats, this is what we are talking about. Post the source of your stats so I can find what percentages are Republicans.

HAHA you're the only one mentioning Democrats silly....Do I need to go back and quote you or are you capable of going back 10 posts and seeing for yourself??

The OP only mentions that HD cancelled the meeting due to PROTESTORS....It said nothing about their political affiliation....You my friend are the only one here trying to separate what political leanings the protestors have....I merely pointed out the protestors I see on TV look nothing like the typical Harley Davidson Demographic....

Do you agree or disagree with that point?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Seriously, this is all about optics. Not protesters. All HD would have to do is offer some coffee or coupons and they would have a wall of bikes...cmon guys. THINK!

A wall of bikes, you say, not for long.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

.....it's still a wall.........

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

.....it's still a wall.........

...an easily scaleable wall...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Pandaram

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The people likely to protest would NEVER buy a Harley let alone anything american made anyway.
What a fail.

What a stupid broad generalization...so very very sad, believe me really really really sad. It's so sad!

I served in the military, American businessman entrepreneur, mfg. retail, wholesale, own a HD as does my lady.
Libertarian, always buy American if possible.

I still despise that orange clown, elitist, POS, Donald Trump.

What a fail indeed!
edit on 1-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Oh lordy, your using a pee-wee herman clip to illustrate a point? People + bikes, should they choose to.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Listen UP!

This is NOT the Political Mud Pit forum!

Several of you are treading dangerously close to having your posts removed for Political Trolling, which is NOT allowed outside the Political Mud Pit forum.

Please review these links:

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

It's also starting to get noticed that some posts on politics and political ideology are starting to border on HATE, which we don't allow here:

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

Do not reply to this post.
edit on 2/1/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Oh lordy, your using a pee-wee herman clip to illustrate a point? People + bikes, should they choose to.

Yes, what point do you think I was trying to illustrate?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I think this is all a bunch of liberal 'feel-good' BS, personally.

It would be marketing gold for HD to have the president, a bunch of liberal protesters and the entire MSM show up at HD's facility!

Think about the "optics" on that one for a moment...

The president of the US shows up at a manufacturing institution which makes American made products and is practically synonymous with apple pie, and the idiot liberal left protesters are protesting...right there in front of the greedy and selfish media. Man, you couldn't BUY that kind of good publicity even if you wanted to!!!! I'd bet HD stock would jump 10% on just that alone, not to mention the spike in sales. Hell, I'd even consider going and buying a HD, and I don't even ride anymore!!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I think this is all a bunch of liberal 'feel-good' BS, personally.

It would be marketing gold for HD to have the president, a bunch of liberal protesters and the entire MSM show up at HD's facility!

Think about the "optics" on that one for a moment...

The president of the US shows up at a manufacturing institution which makes American made products and is practically synonymous with apple pie, and the idiot liberal left protesters are protesting...right there in front of the greedy and selfish media. Man, you couldn't BUY that kind of good publicity even if you wanted to!!!! I'd bet HD stock would jump 10% on just that alone, not to mention the spike in sales. Hell, I'd even consider going and buying a HD, and I don't even ride anymore!!

The point is that they would be protesting The Donald, not Harley Davidson.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Oh, I know, but it wouldn't matter.

Remember...there's no such thing as 'bad publicity'.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Oh, I know, but it wouldn't matter.

Remember...there's no such thing as 'bad publicity'.

I think Harley Davidson made the right decision, although previous Presidents visited without any problems.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Personally, I don't think HD made any decision at all.

Just hype, and people wishing for such an event.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Personally, I don't think HD made any decision at all.

Just hype, and people wishing for such an event.

You may be right. So, not enough drama there yet?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So you protest alot do you?

You represent the protesters?

I still contend those who intended to protest do not represent the demographic HD goes after to sell their scooters.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
From my own experience, 30 years riding everything from 2 stroke vespas to 2.3 litre Triumphs, sport bike and commuter riders tend to be more to the left, Harleys tend to be ridden by more conservative types.

Pick up a US magazine and you will see a prevalence of US, Confederate and POW MIA flags. All things that are anathema to the American left.

That's why you had bikers for Trump but no Hogs for Hillary.

You may not like it, it may strike you as unfair, but that's how it is and if you look into the deeper stuff regarding bikes and bikers, you find that freedom from government meddling in their lives is one of the recurrent themes and traditionally, that means Republican rather than Democrat governments.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join