It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donalds trip to Harley Davidson cancelled by Harley Davidson.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
canceled; Harley-Davidson wasn't comfortable with likely protests, per source

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump will not head to Milwaukee for a previously scheduled visit of a Harley-Davidson factory after the company decided it wasn't comfortable hosting him amid planned protests, an administration official said Tuesday.

Trump had been scheduled to tour the factory Thursday where he also planned to sign executive orders related to American manufacturing.

edition.cnn.com...
edit on 1-2-2017 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The people likely to protest would NEVER buy a Harley let alone anything american made anyway.
What a fail.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The people likely to protest would NEVER buy a Harley let alone anything american made anyway.
What a fail.

That is a load of malarky. How many motorcycle police are democratic?

www.politico.com...

edit on 02CST08America/Chicago01980828 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHA

What a fail.

Obviously they wont since Harley have particular Market... like shagging swing.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Hold on...so, we have a Trump administration confirming that they were going to visit the HD facility, but that it was cancelled because HD was concerned about probably/potential protests.

Then we have the HD spokesperson saying that there was never a planned visit for the president at the facility.

So which is it? I'm thinking that it was the administration who cancelled it, not HD, if it was ever scheduled at all.

Furthermore, this is a testament to the terroristic nature of all of these protests that are happening--it is my belief through an understanding of how/why these protests are scheduled/designed that they are for the specific purpose of using fear to affect the everyday, peaceful happenings of people and business.

But, that's just my conspiracy hat on, I suppose...where's that tea-drinking frog...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Harley Davidson.
Built for big tough bikers, and rich guys.

But scared of wimpy protesters.

Sorry honey, we are definitely going with the Spider now.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

What is "malarky" is that you think motorcycle police BUY THEIR OWN MOTORCYCLES.

And you attempt to back up your theory with pics of elected official on motorcycles that clearly were not chosen by them. "Excuse me Mr President we have a photo op for you"...."Oh no that has to be an Indian bike for me to pose on it"
Ridiculous

So tell me again how THE PROTESTERS in question are the demographic that Harley Davidson is likely to to after.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

It's like the USA has turned into a 3rd world country. Can't head over there, citizens are in riotous protest against something.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
HD is scared. Trumps "make American, buy American" message will have adverse effects.
nypost.com...

That's just a taste.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

What is "malarky" is that you think motorcycle police BUY THEIR OWN MOTORCYCLES.

And you attempt to back up your theory with pics of elected official on motorcycles that clearly were not chosen by them. "Excuse me Mr President we have a photo op for you"...."Oh no that has to be an Indian bike for me to pose on it"
Ridiculous

So tell me again how THE PROTESTERS in question are the demographic that Harley Davidson is likely to to after.

Tell me how the protesters in question are not the demographic that would buy Harley Davidson motorcycles? This lack of evidence goes both ways.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

It's like the USA has turned into a 3rd world country. Can't head over there, citizens are in riotous protest against something.

Trump should have contacted his HD buddies to meet him there and form a wall.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Can't really blame them given liberal protesters propensity for violence, destroying and burning stuff all that hate trumps love stuff...

But being intimidated and showing cowardice isn't going to win them a lot of new Harley fans.

edit on 1-2-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Those bikers are not donalds buddies. Just a bunch of attention whores useed trump and used by trump for few weeks. Thats about it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Ill take a shot at why most Harley Davidson owners are not protestors....

Harley Davidsons are very very expensive bikes to purchase stock and even more to customize...In order to purchase these bikes and customize them a majority of Harley Davidson owners are middle to upper middle class professionals.....

being a majority of the protestors are out there day and night I think it's safe to assume most of them are unemployed....

SOOOO IMO most likely they are not Harley Davidsons niche market....they couldn't afford to be even if they wanted to....

edit on 1-2-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

YAY circular logic.

Ok clearly you are correct. Protesters are clearly THE demographic HD goes after. They are the inhabitants of the broken spoke in Sturgis in August. Those people are KNOWN INFAMOUS political protesters.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Aren't you forgetting the millions of people who could not attend the protests because they were working or otherwise too busy and who may own HD's?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

Those bikers are not donalds buddies. Just a bunch of attention whores useed trump and used by trump for few weeks. Thats about it.

Seems like a sympatico match.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Aren't you forgetting the millions of people who could not attend the protests because they were working or otherwise too busy and who may own HD's?

lmao if they aren't out protesting then guess what....they are NOT protestors.....What a lame O argument.

That's like saying all the other people in the country feel the exact same way but don't protest only out of prior commitments...What a silly notion..

I'll add a except from a 2014/15 articel on Harley Davidson and their customers....

In Wisconsin, the average age of a motorcycle license holder is 51, according to the most recent figures from the state Department of Transportation.

More than 58% of the 518,567 motorcycle license holders in the state were 50 or older, the data from 2013 showed. Nationwide, 39% of motorcycle owners are 51 to 69, according to the Motorcycle Industry Council.

Americans over 50 control 77% of the total net worth in the nation, U.S. News & World Report said in 2014, and that represents a huge market for companies like Harley-Davidson.

Harley's core customers — white males age 35 and older — continue to be an important part of the business, even as the company aggressively pursues "outreach" customers — those ages 18 to 34, women, African-Americans and Hispanics.

The company takes a "balanced approach" to make sure it has the right products for customers at all stages of their lives, said Ken Ostermann, integrated marketing operations general manager.

Does that look like the people protesting?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

When you say protesters, I say democrats, this is what we are talking about. Post the source of your stats so I can find what percentages are Republicans.
edit on 02CST09America/Chicago01590928 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Ridiculous

Tell me how the protesters in question are not the demographic that would buy Harley Davidson motorcycles? This lack of evidence goes both ways.

While there are certainly HD owners who may vote Democrat that is hardly the demographic that tends to purchase Harleys. You can't possibly be this blind. No one screams 'Murica as much as HD. Granted the vast majority of HD riders these days are dentists and cardiologists, not guys who just got home from doing a 10 year bid. Regardless, the political sentiments usually tend to lean right.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join