It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Fires Acting Attorney General

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: FauxMulder

An authoritarian does what an authoritarian wants.

So long America! The idea was nice but the final nails are being nailed into your coffin.

You are wrong as usual.
She is not an elected official, she is appointed by the President...in this case, it was Obama who appointed her as a fill in while waiting for Sessions to be confirmed.
Trumps XO on this matter was and is completely within the law and she tells her deputies not to defend this order, which is completely against the law on her part.
She is lucky she does not get arrested.
She is a total Obama political lackey.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Is interesting how people are talking and defending the woman like she was Trump appointee with congress approval, she was just the temp, you know the person that fills a space in an office until they hired somebody with better qualifications.

Maybe the woman got delusional and believe that she was the new AG appointee.

edit on 30-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Like the rest of them, when sworn in she vowed to protect the constitution, and apparently didn't feel she could do that in good conscience. It's called integrity.

the constitution doesn't say anywhere that you can disobey the law.
Obama also stopped immigration from war torn countries like Iraq and Libya.

This is the same thing for the same reasons and people must enforce the law or no you can't be a cop or a border agent or ICE or DOJ if you are not going to follow the law. End of story.

She could be sent to jail for that.

edit on 30-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

So long America! The idea was nice but the final nails are being nailed into your coffin.

Same thing was said about Bush and Obama and nothing... The point is Presidents come and go....

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

She could have also become quickly fed up with being ignored.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Is interesting how people are talking and defending the woman like she was Trump appointee with congress approval, she was just the temp, you know the person that fills a space in an office until they hired somebody with better qualifications.

I'm sure she knew exactly what she was doing, and exactly what would happen, but did it anyway so she wouldn't have to be associated with the huge ugly mess that's been created. It's been mishandled from the outset, everyone was in a tailspin at the airport, as well as other countries, unable to find their relatives, or get home, and this whole endeavor has been a cluster#.

It could have been done in a professional way, instead of rolling over everybody with a streamroller.
Bunch of rookies.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

the only thing I am really concerned with is that I was hearing how those who've been working with our gov't as translators would be sent back, and about the pilots. and I really wonder if maybe the reason why there's been an uptick in immigrants from the arab world since the iraqi and afghanistan wars is because some of those iraqis and afghanis stuck their necks out to help us and if they get sent back, they are gonna end up with their head chopped off! which, if so, it would make it much more difficult for us to elist native help in the next war.

but, I live in the real world, and I see a nation that can't even take care of themselves, I see a nation that is growing more and more anti-immigrant day by day, so, ya, I think we need to close the floodgates some. but our justification for doing that should be more like, we can't really handle them adequately at the present time, sorry...
no, we are afraid of them, or they're evil, or whatever.

we should also be pulling our noses back into our own borders though and stop sending aide all over the world... with the same justification. it makes no sense to keep adding more and more people into our borders and sending out more humanitarian/ military aide when the world's economies are crumbling and we are really borrowing all the money we need to do these things. if our economy does collaspe, these immigrants just might be better off not being in this country.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
a reply to: Ohanka

Disagree. She felt what she was doing was right and just.
There is nothing crybaby about this woman.
Trump, OTOH, is crying foul now.

Crying foul in what way?
She answers to the President of the USA, she doesn't answer to the refugees hoping to get into this country.
He fired her....well within his authority to do so when she openly defied his XO, which BTW was completely legal and constitutional.
She is a political shill for Obama, her duty is to shut her mouth and uphold the laws of this country, not insert her Leftist views or interpretation into anything.
The days of these hacks going against the laws of this country are over.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Same thing was said about Bush and Obama and nothing... The point is Presidents come and go.

Except this time it seems to be pretty serious.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Hell not, not Trump he is the devil, he is the Nazi, the anti Christ, a dictator, don't you see he is firing all Obamas appointee how dare Trump do that, he has no power, he is not president, Hillary got the popular votes, she won California and NY, the electoral college is wrong, it needs to be banned.

Yada yada yada.

That is the rant going on since Trump got elected and every time he farts.

BTW I am very sarcastic, so don't mind me, I agree with what you say

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

and executive order isn't exactly a law...
it's more like a memo that is sent to your supervisor stating what is wanted from her, so she figures out how she wants to carry it out and then sends a memo down to you telling you just what part you are going to play in the scheme of things.
the legislature writes the laws, and maybe trumps executive order is in accordance with those laws. but if it wasn't that would be like the ceo of your company sending your supervisor a memo telling them to do such and such, but then she sends you a memo telling you to do things that you know are contrary to what the ceo ordered.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
New acting AG has been sworn in.

It's official.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: marg6043

I'm sure she knew exactly what she was doing, and exactly what would happen, but did it anyway so she wouldn't have to be associated with the huge ugly mess that's been created. It's been mishandled from the outset, everyone was in a tailspin at the airport, as well as other countries, unable to find their relatives, or get home, and this whole endeavor has been a cluster#.

It could have been done in a professional way, instead of rolling over everybody with a streamroller.
Bunch of rookies.

Who the hell cares who was in a tailspin at the airports and in other countries? Too freaking bad
What don't you get about America first? Its pretty easy to figure out, if you drop your Leftist ideology.
Trump signed the order and it is everybody's duty from her on down to uphold the law.
I have been inconvenienced plenty of times at the airport and crossing back into the US after going to Canada.
I don't care who had a problem over in Baghdad trying to get on an airplane.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I agree, but remember the ban is temporarily and we still get about 1 million immigrants from mostly Muslim countries a year, beside the immigrants that comes from south of the borders and the ban is not different than what has been enacted, signed by congress before on the last 5 presidential terms.

Is about accountability, responsibilities and promises that the new president campaigned for.

What is making people afraid is that he is actually delivery those promises.

Hell I have never seen a president doing such a thing since I been voting and that goes as back as the 78.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Another glass ceiling broken.

She is the highest ranking woman to ever be fired from a government position in America.

I wish her well.

The Democrats ability to _not_ cry about this will show that women have really achieved a higher level of equality.

The news cycle on Tuesday will tell.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Is not mess, we are a nation of laws, have many immigrations ones is just that people forgot about them, is time they get from the closet dust them out and start enforcing them.

Hell Trump doesn't even need to ask congress to make news ones, the ones we have are good enough.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The law says the President has the right to do this, so thus it is the law.

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

8 U.S. Code § 1182

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Trump also just fired the acting head of immigration and customs enforcement shortly after firing Yates.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

How are those 7 countries detrimental to the interests of the US? They have committed no acts of terrorism. The other countries have.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

amazing how thise pesky laws throw cold water all over the dems

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join