It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Fires Acting Attorney General

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

President Trump, at 9:16 p.m. Monday, announced the firing of the acting attorney general who had defied him on his migrant-travel ban, saying she "has betrayed the Department of Justice."

Here is the text, emailed to reporters:

Statement on the Appointment of Dana Boente as Acting Attorney General The acting Attorney General, Sally Yates, has betrayed the Department of Justice by refusing to enforce a legal order designed to protect the citizens of the United States.

This order was approved as to form and legality by the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel. Ms. Yates is an Obama Administration appointee who is weak on borders and very weak on illegal immigration. It is time to get serious about protecting our country. Calling for tougher vetting for individuals travelling from seven dangerous places is not extreme. It is reasonable and necessary to protect our country.

Tonight, President Trump relieved Ms. Yates of her duties and subsequently named Dana Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, to serve as Acting Attorney General until Senator Jeff Sessions is finally confirmed by the Senate, where he is being wrongly held up by Democrat senators for strictly political reasons.

"I am honored to serve President Trump in this role until Senator Sessions is confirmed. I will defend and enforce the laws of our country to ensure that our people and our nation are protected," said Dana Boente, Acting Attorney General.

link

It looks like things are heating up

edit on 30-1-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

+51 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This tiny Story is already embedded within the proper thread..

HERE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sorry I haven't read 4 pages into that thread

+19 more 
link   
Well ... that'll just about serve as a lesson to anyone foolish enough to fart in the company of the most powerful man on Earth.

link   
FFS

Let's forget that the biggest threat to American lives are Americans.

+18 more 
link   

An authoritarian does what an authoritarian wants.

So long America! The idea was nice but the final nails are being nailed into your coffin.

+33 more 
link   

Who does that an expects to keep their job. Think some of these folks are brain dead or trying to look politically correct to impress their peers or the public.

+34 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Looks like Trump is not going to play loosie goosie manzie panzie ......good . about time .

+35 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
YOUR FIRED!!!

I bet she didn`t see that coming.
well she had her 15 seconds of fame.
edit on 30-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Good.
One can't buck the big boss. Want to buck Trump? Join a different branch of government.

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

So long America! The idea was nice but the final nails are being nailed into your coffin.

Nevermind that this is a political appointment position right?

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
WOOHOO! GO PRESIDENT TRUMP!

No more politics as usual. I love it.

+9 more 
link   
So he only wants "yes men". I wonder if this new guy will be allowed to actually think, or only be expected to
rubber-stamp every idea the man has, no matter of the morality or repercussions.

Unfortunately, I believe we know the answer to that. He's a one-man show.
edit on 1/30/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
link   

originally posted by: Swills

No.

The only "coffin" is for insubordinate, authoritarian, Obama political appointee , full of herself Sally Yates who just got FIRED

America is GREAT again!

+36 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

She was an Obama appointee, a hold-over from the previous administration.

Her "shelf-life" was measured in hours anyway.

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
So he only wants "yes men". I wonder if this new guy will be allowed to actually think, or only be expected to
rubber-stamp every idea the man has, no matter of the morality or repercussions.

No. He wants people who will do their job.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

2 guesses, first one doesn't count.

+33 more 
link   

hahahahaha

So you're shocked that Trump didn't keep Obama appointees?

hahahahahahahahahaha

+7 more 
link   
Now she is just Salty Yates.

Smart move however, she knew her days were numbered but if she could get her face and name out there, she stands a shot somewhere else.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join