It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Trump team compiles infrastructure priority list

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
No mention of a WALL....

imagine that

That should be so far down the priority list. It's not even a real problem.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: watchitburn

Wow, Trump is on fire.

I would like to hear from liberals how this is a bad thing?

Putting America first and getting our priorities straight.

Why did it take so long to find someone to do the Presidency right?

I must say im impressed how he is going full force from the start.

He appears to be taking this serious and like he is determined to prove to the world he will deliver on his promises.

Im weirdly optimistic that he actually wants to do a good job and make america priority 1.

Part of that optimism is that i think his ego wont let him fail if possible, and im ok with that.

Im willing to give him the benefit of tbe doubt for now.
edit on 46131America/ChicagoTue, 24 Jan 2017 20:46:55 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

No mention of a WALL....

imagine that

Trump said it would be among his first things during his campaign.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

No mention of a WALL....

imagine that

I know but...man. We need other stuff first. like infrastructure.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

No mention of a WALL....

imagine that

I know but...man. We need other stuff first. like infrastructure.

A wall is a big structure, hire people and keep all the diseased Mexicans in Mexico. Otherwise they just waltz accross the border and take advantage of our new infrastructure. That would be so sad, really really really sad, believe me so sad!!!

I distinctly remember Trump supporters chanting, "build the wall, build the wall, build the wall" remember?
edit on 24-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Old and decaying bridges should be first priority.

Indeed. Note I said "one of" not "the only", though

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: Nyiah
This isn't the infrastructure upgrades I was expecting at all. I figured upgrading the power grid was a total no-brainer and would be one of the first things to tackle, but I guess not.

Please read the linked article.

Yeah, I already did that. I said the list wasn't what I expected, meaning it lacked anything to do with power. Not that I didn't expect transit infrastructure to be addressed on the wishlist.

Edit: Hey check that s# out, it does address that. The bottom half of the page didn't load properly until I refreshed. My bad, I'll eat it.
edit on 1/24/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: infolurker

That's only possible for the military. Consumer level products aren't EMP proof, and are never going to be. When all the consumer products are fried it doesn't really matter if the power is still on or not.

If the power grid is not EMP proof then the power would take beyond months to repair. Yes it should be first on the list

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Who owns the power grid network?

I am certain it is owned by big business. They have avoided the responsibility of timely repairs and upgrades while taking the money from mums and dads.

Now you want those same mum and dads to pay for repairs and upgrades.

Big business sure has it easy!

P

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So this is great and all, but who's going to pay for this with all the tax cuts coming?

originally posted by: watchitburn
This is great news.

As someone who travels all around the country pretty frequently, I'm always seeing terrible roads, bridges overpasses. Particularly in the Northeast and down in New Orleans, the roads are garbage. I've seen better roads in Iraq.

President Donald Trump’s team has compiled a list of about 50 infrastructure projects nationwide, totaling at least $137.5 billion, as the new White House tries to determine its investment priorities, according to documents obtained by McClatchy’s Kansas City Star and The News Tribune.

They are soliciting 2- 3 projects from each state for consideration. But one overarching proposal caught my eye.

Among the projects listed is a $10 billion proposal to replace the nation’s radar-based air traffic control system with one called NextGen, based on satellites. The document projects the project could create 2,300 direct jobs.

And reminded me of a pet peeve of mine. Which is our power grids. In my Opinion, it needs a major overhaul and some outside the box thinking. Our system of powerlines is pretty much unchanged for the last hundred years. There has to be a better way.

The letter said the vetting would be done by a bipartisan infrastructure commission overseeing investments. “The initial spend on these projects for 2017 is expected to be $150 billion, and the transition team hopes that this type of project will be continued over the next 2 years,” according to the letter.

Hopefully this gets followed through on. Our country desperately needs it. Also in the link is a large State by State list of projects under consideration.

Source

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
So this is great and all, but who's going to pay for this with all the tax cuts coming?

Maybe the Mexicans. If they can afford a wall along the border they should have enough to pay to rebuild our infrastructure as well. I'm beginning to like Trumps fantasy land....beats the hell out of reality.

edit on 24-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Maybe the Mexicans. If they can afford a wall along the border they should have enough to pay to rebuild our infrastructure as well. I'm beginning to like Trumps fantasy land....beats the hell out of reality.

No, no, we have more than one neighbor to try to squeeze money out of. It'll be Canada's responsibility, otherwise we'll be living in the age of the Great Maple Syrup Embargo

I kid, Canada would just say "Sorry, no."

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Lucky for you, Trump is keeping his promise.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll be looking forward to your enthusiastic support threads in the future.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It's pretty widely known Obama took the billions set aside for the shovel ready jobs he promised and just fed it to unions with little to zero return.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: watchitburn

Wow, Trump is on fire.

I would like to hear from liberals how this is a bad thing?

Putting America first and getting our priorities straight.

Why did it take so long to find someone to do the Presidency right?

It already started by Schumer... The issue is how the money would be distributed. Trump wants the ability to give construction firms chosen for these projects tax incentives for doing them to cut down on up front costs. Schumer doesnt like that idea at all and opposes it.

Trying to remain optmistic though democrats are on board with massive inr4astructure improvements and were ok wit the trillion dollar price tag so at least its a step in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Who owns the power grid network?

I am certain it is owned by big business. They have avoided the responsibility of timely repairs and upgrades while taking the money from mums and dads.

Now you want those same mum and dads to pay for repairs and upgrades.

Big business sure has it easy!

P

That's part of the issue, it's more obvious with our internet networks (especially since it's a more recent memory) but the power grid is privately owned. It was a substantial free market investment to build. Should we just give private business a whole new network? Or do we get the government involved with it? When we tried that with the internet, business literally took the money and didn't build anything. Alternatively we nationalize it, but that has consequences too.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
How the hell else do you upgrade infrastructure?

Do tell.

I usually start by figuring out how to pay for it. Tax cuts aren't going to build infrastructure, and I would rather not see large deficits personally.

Trump proposed 20 trillion in new spending, more so than Bernie even. Bernie suggested ways to pay for it, Trump didn't.

I'm all for fixing stuff and we should start with our bridges and dam's, then we can worry about new stuff like transcontinental high speed cargo/commuter rail. I want it funded properly though. We have to be financially responsible about things and massive deficit spending to create government sponsored jobs isn't how we're going to get the country working again.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Actually, he (at the Republicans request) gave the money to the states, and let the states choose what and how they would spend the money.

For the most part, the states shifted their budgets around and used it to make up the massive shortfalls they had due to the 2008 troubles.

That's why you can't trust the states.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

I clicked through the list in the linked article, and "Energy Storage and Transmission Modernization - National" is on the list....

I kinda took that to mean Modernizing the Grid. Clearly no details available yet, but at least it made the list. There's a first time for everything.

I'd say this is the kind of National priority that the Federal Government should HELP fund, in partnership with states, local entities and Business. We all have a stake in an improvement like that. I am not opposed to pitching in. It sure beats some other dumb stuff we've been taxed for.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I don't know about where you live, but Electricity and Gas are the cheapest utilities I have. (I'm in the Midwest US, as point of reference). The energy utilities aren't getting much in profit from the folks around here, I'll tell ya that. In case of local outage, the local energy utilities around here are quite responsive. It amazes me, really, when I stop taking it for granted and think about it for a minute.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
March 29, 2017

However the projects are prioritized..the USA Infrastructure Improvement Program is going to be announced within the next 9 months.

""U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao said the Trump administration would unveil a $1 trillion infrastructure plan later this year, but she did not offer details of funding for projects.

Chao said at an event at the department's headquarters, that the infrastructure initiative would include "a strategic, targeted program of investment valued at $1 trillion over 10 years. The proposal will cover more than transportation infrastructure, it will include energy, water and potentially broadband and veterans hospitals as well."

Chao's comments were the most detailed timetable from the administration about its plans to unveil a plan to modernize U.S. roads, bridges, airports, electrical grid and water systems. Chao said the administration plans to offer incentives for public-private partnerships rather than simply fund improvements.""

Full Article: www.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join