It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEAN SPICER: Trump's Media Man (The ATS Journal)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't know if you all are watching it,
but I want to make a thread to follow this stuff. (And I will be saving every day's posts to a file on my computer. NOT IN THE CLOUD. On my computer.)

DAY ONE. Spicer and the Press ........ it's the barest skeleton of truth in reporting - and it starts TODAY. They have to be civil. It's Training Day.
Alex Jones was not there. I was not there either, but I am here to challenge any crap I see posted on ATS that is a blatant lie about what SPICER SAYS.

Are you guys watching this? I already have notes.

I'm paying particular attention to who is asking, who they work for, and this is like some sort of reality-tv transformation.
Spicer did well until just about now. (See time stamp).

He is an apologist. And he is being shown that we don't think it can be true --- but he skirts the issues.

"Demoralizing," he whines. "It's demoralizing to watch the press reporting and its frustrating" (for him to hear that it wasn't awesome is demoralizing. VERBATIM.)

It's hurting his feelings. The marches worked.

It's really remarkable.

"The point is about a constant theme every time 'no'. He won't, he can't, he isn't, he........."

We have to have thicker skin to survive on ATS than........... he's VULNERABLE.

"When we're right, say we're right. When we're wrong, say we're wrong." he just said. FAIR ENOUGH.

The first press conference is impressive, and I am hearing VERY GOOD THINGS about what he's willing to answer, and his point. But I am also concerned about Trump's surrogate coming out and saying he is demoralized. THE ENTIRE COUNTRY IS DEMORALIZED!

These are the things we need to address:
Popular Vote vs Electoral College (Hillary won the popular vote, folks, and I was not part of "pantsuit nation")
LOBBYING,
PAY-TO-PLAY,
Tax Codes
Health Care
PACs,
the revolving door of Wall Street/Govt players,
ACA,
Immigration
Homelessness
Debt
War
Border control
Infrastructure
Public Education
Media blight
Climate Change
Energy spending
Women's Issues
Pollution

edit on 1/23/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It's like you just threw up words at your keyboard and called it a thread. Now I have to go watch it to figure out what the hell you're even trying to say.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
It's like you just threw up words at your keyboard and called it a thread. Now I have to go watch it to figure out what the hell you're even trying to say.

Maybe it's code and every 3rd word was left out or something. Either way I couldn't follow either, but I don't have the want to go look up the possible meanings.

When you have a translation, please post...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What I got from that press conference rant:

"Don't do your job media because it hurts the Trump Administrations' feelings."

Who's the snowflake now?

The rest of the press conference was just hollow words with no real specifics to be honest.

edit on 23-1-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

All I heard was "weeeeeeeeeee!!" While I read the op

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Trust me, the rant he went on about in regards to the crowd size issue was just as pathetic as his saturday temper tantrum. Appeals to emotion.

Basically said the media shouldn't report what tehy want to report (even though we have freedom of the press), because it hurts the feelings of the Administration. Literally.

Your country is being run by a bunch of omega males. And I hate using those terms.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

That's the idea. Pay attention.
You watch what I watched, and we'll talk about it. Like ATS White House Correspondents. Join us, or don't. Up to you. I intend to do my best to keep a seat at the briefings and report back to ATS what I see and hear.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
And hopefully this is the next chapter of OKAY - so what are THE NEXT STEPS.

Did you think I would stop caring or reporting it? lol

nnnnnooo.
So far CNN seems to be doing a good job of 'debriefing' it....but that's CNN.
HERE ARE MY OWN NOTES:

The subject of "the wall" altogether dismissed as 'not today'......but the Hispanic correspondent's questions were heard.

Here's what I think: Spicer has probably the most canary-in-the-coal-mine spot in this entire thing. This is A REALLY HARD JOB.
Day one.

He did keep answering questions to the best of his ability. He gave packaged answers on the others about "it's day one!" And yes, it is.

Eventually he got knocked off balance. wow. Of course that would happen. That was the lion's den. He survived it and received thanks for his service.

When I've had time to watch Fox and Rachel and NPR reports, I'll be better able to judge.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

The rant was conducted by the reporter that emphasized it.

They continue to "press" the fake stuff.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Did you watch the press conference?
WITH YOUR OWN EYES? I did. And I INTEND TO REPORT MY THOUGHTS ABOUT IT. You are welcome to do that also -- be the other side of the aisle as a genuine reporter of what he said.

It will be easy to fact check. Report it yourself what you heard and witnessed.
What you think about what you heard and witnessed.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I was doing the same thing actually until I had a work call.

Daniel Halper - New York Post
Jennifer Wishon - CBN News
Janet Rodríguez - Univision
Blake Burman - Fox Business
April Ryan - American Urban Radio Networks
Julie Pace - AP
John Roberts - Fox News
Jonathan Karl - ABC News

It seems like the backlash over the first non-press conference, the ridicule of the "alternative facts" statement, etc had a definite impact. I see they've amended their position on the briefing room and they've gone from moving the reporters to opening up 4 "Skype seats."

Some interesting things I noticed:

- on immigration, the focus is shifting from deportation squads to removing criminals which has been the focus of the Obama administration?

- it sounds more and more like re: Obamacare, what we're really looking at is fixing Obamacare which begs the question, why didn't the GOP-controlled Congress propose fixes all along? I think it's a drastic shift in message from the pre-Trump GOP which was simply opposed to reforming healthcare to all Americans should have acess to healthcare.

- global warming isn't being called a Chinese hoax.

- moving the embassy in Israel has gone from a definite to in discussion.

A lot of softening/walking back of positions. Some of it has been discussed over the last few weeks, some of it was new. It's still too early to know what will happen but maybe Trump and his administration are responding to the pressure of the opposition to some of the most controversial positions.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I watched it.

Looked pretty civil. He answered what he could.

Compared to the last two...He looks pretty good.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

no. that's not what I saw.
I saw "we're just people! It hurts our feelings when we see attacks and aren't allowed to make corrections!"

It's Day One!

This was a serious NEW UNITED STATES reality tv episode.
WATCH IT YOURSELF. Or don't talk about it.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Wow, we didn't watch the same press conference. He politely pointed out the hypocrisy of the media's constant negative narrative undermining Trump. When called on something the media looks the other way an asks, who us. No apology. So sad.

There were several trying to get commitments to future actions / policies they are just starting to look at.

Arguing about who was at the CIA and parsing words about the previous appearances statements.

What a needy, demanding bunch.

For fun Spicer should bring out a magic 8 ball, check it and then answer their questions.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
you know what, people? I am giving the man and his staff a chance. I am going to watch how they're doing.
I think there were some very good things settled today, but many issues that concern me were set on the back burner. Yes - it is DAY ONE.

He held up well. I really appreciated the things he said about how Trump is interested in hearing both sides. He really did.
The economy will be his first thing.

Maybe he can do this!!
MAYBE HE CAN negotiate it in a whole new way.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just as he came on a city worker knocked on my door. I'd called in a damaged sidewalk . Then my neighbor seeing the city truck in front of my house called me over to her porch to ask what was up. I got back in time to see the very end when that reporter triggered him and he went off the deep end.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I have to say it's interesting that the AP are so far down on the list. Considering their ties to so many of the major media outlets they traditionally get the first question. The fact that Spicer went with the Right leaning (and poorly reputable) New York Post first speaks volumes.

link   
I think it's interesting that you guys are all prickly because it's someone who has criticized him who made the thread. You know what? I don't care who you voted for. I DO CARE about the issues, and I intend to watch how much he works toward delivering on his promises to you!!!

You wanna hate on me?
I'M ON YOUR SIDE!

social worker
doing my job
show up or don't - door is open

link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Okay, first point of discussion:

You claim he's skirting issues. He is. Just like every other press secretary has at some point. He gives pointed answers to questions he can pointedly answer and gives vague answers to other questions.

Why did you feel that was newsworthy?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join