It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After broken promise, WikiLeaks seeks Donald Trump's tax returns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
After broken promise, WikiLeaks seeks Donald Trump's tax returns
www.cbsnews.com...

WikiLeaks spent the final weeks of the 2016 presidential election leaking information harmful to Hillary Clinton’s campaign -- but now they’re not happy with the man who beat her, President Donald Trump.

After Trump senior adviser Kellyanne Conway said Sunday morning that Mr. Trump had no plans to release his tax returns, a shift from his stance during the campaign, WikiLeaks tweeted its disappointment

President Trump will not release his tax returns, advisor says

WikiLeaks, founded by Julian Assange, posted thousands of hacked emails last year, first from the Democratic National Committee last summer and then from Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s personal email account in the fall.

Assange has said he did not get the emails from the Russian government, despite the U.S. intelligence community’s conclusion that the hacks were directed by Russian President Vladimir Putin. In the wake of the intelligence report on Russian hacking, Mr. Trump appeared to side with Assange over U.S. intelligence agencies on the issue of Russian hacking, though he has denied that he agrees with Assange.

Well this is kind of disappointing and to be honest a slap to the face of the American people. However he did say that he was going to release his TR until the audit is done.

But according to a WH spokesperson stated:

So by only focusing on personal tax returns and instead only showing the WH tax returns (which are public?), is this a legal or illegal move?

Also, is it really THAT necessary to show his personal returns even as President?

Thoughts.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
you go first assange lets see your tax returns?

how do we know you aren`t on somones payroll?
edit on 22-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Well gee Wikileaks, it's about damn time. Trump has only been saying he won't release them since forever but I guess late is better than never.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Well gee Wikileaks, it's about damn time. Trump has only been saying he won't release them since forever but I guess late is better than never.

I think if Trump did say he was going to release them if he won Presidency...he really ought to keep his word, no?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Who's payroll? Hilarys? Obamas? The mexicans? The Moooselims? Who are we blaming today?
edit on 22-1-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Assange will get them and then bargain for Pardons.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

First of all, Trump keeping his word is hilarious since the man is a pathological liar. I don't recall him ever saying he was going to release them but I do recall him constantly making up a lame excuse as to why he can't release them. Last I heard, he decided to speak for all of America and announce that we are not interested in his taxes.

He never planned on releasing them and he never will. Why would he not do this? It's obvious, he's hiding something.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Trump's not releasing his tax returns??? Oh isn't that a surprise, NOT! We should start taking score on how many campaign promises he brakes, and this is only his 2nd day in office.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
who gives a monkeys toss! he's richer than you and avoids tax like any normal person.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
So dems only want you to believe Wikileaks when its anit Trump right?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
what do you hope to gain by seeing his tax return?
so, you find out he made millions last year and didn`t pay any taxes but it was all legal because the IRS has already done an audit and found nothing amiss, then what?
you go out and protest some more?
you go on social media and cry about it?

How is that going to help you reach your goals, whatever they may be?

so, you`re butt hurt and wasting a lot of emotional and mental energy crying to whoever will listen that trump makes way more money than you but pays way less taxes,

how is that going to help you achieve any of your liberal goals?
or maybe you aren`t interested in achieving any of those goals maybe you`re just interested in bitching and whining and are looking for any excuse to do it?
maybe you are more interested in continuing to divide people than you are in uniting people?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
what do you hope to gain by seeing his tax return?
so, you find out he made millions last year and didn`t pay any taxes but it was all legal because the IRS has already done an audit and found nothing amiss, then what?
you go out and protest some more?
you go on social media and cry about it?

How is that going to help you reach your goals, whatever they may be?

so, you`re butt hurt and wasting a lot of emotional and mental energy crying to whoever will listen that trump makes way more money than you but pays way less taxes,

how is that going to help you achieve any of your liberal goals?
or maybe you aren`t interested in achieving any of those goals maybe you`re just interested in bitching and whining and are looking for any excuse to do it?
maybe you are more interested in continuing to divide people than you are in uniting people?

How do you know that's what will be found out? Got a copy of them I can borrow?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Post your tax returns!

You know, fair is fair.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I have no idea what`s on there and I don`t want to know,it`s none of my business, the IRS did an audit and they didn`t find anything illegal.if the IRS is happy that`s all that matters because they are the ones that have to be happy with your return, not people on the internet, not your neighbors, not the homeless guy living under a bridge.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Assange just went from unsung 'hero' to 'libtard' , or 'snowflake looking for a pardon bargain' in the eyes of the Trumpaholics.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Completely misread that. Give me ahug, sorry.
edit on 22-1-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Assange will get them and then bargain for Pardons.

Assange will get them thinking he could bargain for pardons but then will be dissapointed after reading them and finding nothing damaging enough to bargain with.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What's that about WikiLeaks being Russian controlled and supporting Trump?

Good it's about time they asked as they should be non partisan to the issues at hand.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

So by only focusing on personal tax returns and instead only showing the WH tax returns (which are public?), is this a legal or illegal move?

Also, is it really THAT necessary to show his personal returns even as President?

Thoughts.

I really don't believe Trump has anything in his tax returns that would be damaging(IRS just audited) but maybe he doesn't want to waste the next four years defending every line contained in them. We can rest assured that if they were made public that is exactly what he would be doing even though the foremost expert on American taxes has given him a clean bill of health.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Famouszor

Post your tax returns!

You know, fair is fair.

Every other president has done it, why not Trump? The man lied, if this were Hillary you'd be screaming bloody murder.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join